• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New hardware... fan question

That depends. Take the strix 3090 TI OC edition. Only uses a SINGLE (1) of that new pin connector, either way my AX1600i has plenty of cables. At worst i'll need an adapter for 8pin to that new 16pin one
YES YOUR 1600w psu should have plenty of cables. LOL, maybe you can power your house also with that.;)

Damnit ... I just watched some Youtube videos that explained why I installed the AiO wrong ... have to rebuild that ... hopefully the tubes are long enough :banghead:

Edit: now I'm going to puke ... there seems to be no way to mount the AiO properly (on top of the case) due to the massive heatspreaders of the board.
Had it mounted in front but because I still use ODD, the pump would have been the highest element of the AiO, which is bad.
I'm one step from returning the Case :(

Last edited:
Just a quick update.
I added the second 8pin to the Board, only SATA power connections left on the PSU :(
Managed to put the 240 radiator on the case top using non-dedicated holes :eek:
CPU arrived today and was mounted immediately.
I tried to overclock in ROG EZ mode, and the splash screen showed 47% running stable (y)
Didn't run any stress tests, but I guess it would be too noisy under the desk, so I set the clocks back to normal ... that thing is fast anyway :bowdown:

And the most important thing... all the fans work now :D
Thanks again for the support

Last edited:
grab hwinfo and prime95. You'll know REAL QUICK (via temps on hwinfo) how good that cooler is compared to your CPU when prime95 puts it under full load. Especially with an overclock :)

I just tested with the CPU-ID Stress button ... overclocked the CPU package goes up to 90°
I don't dare to run that longer than a few minutes
With default values under stress the CPU package reaches 75°
Idle is around 10° more than environment

90 is a bit on the hot side and a cpu might begin to throttle but usually not until the high 90's begin 100's. default testing and 75° is more than adequate. Keep in mind there's no software that will push every core to 100%. Prime95 isn't a real-world scenario. It's a stresstest tool. A few minutes is a bit too short to test the stability of an overlock. A decent test is around 15-20min's. If your overclock survives that and the cpu stays around 90°C that cooler is more than adequate for that cpu :)

Sooo, after several weeks of 4K gaming i noticed one thing ...
The same as with disk space ... you can never have enough memory
When playing FH5 with max settings, i noticed some weird texture coloring.
Reading further into the topic I found that happens, when the memory of the graphics card is saturated.

Guess I'll have to dig deep into my pockets and go for a 3090 with 24gig ... Not the ti version that might be a bit much

grab hwinfo and prime95. You'll know REAL QUICK (via temps on hwinfo) how good that cooler is compared to your CPU when prime95 puts it under full load. Especially with an overclock :)

I Agree. Prime95 will make bad RAM fail very quickly, when many other tools will tell you it's fine after running for hours.

upload_2022-9-16_20-42-47.png

After 5 minutes Prime ... RAM is highly utilized, but no crash ... seems good then?
I better check the thermal paste on the Water cooler, the radiator seems by far not that hot :eek:

Package temp is on the hot side with 99C, the cpu will be thermal throttling. Median temp of 88 is cozy but not unusual. But then again Prime95 pushes a cpu way beyond normal usecase.

Package temp is on the hot side with 99C, the cpu will be thermal throttling. Median temp of 88 is cozy but not unusual. But then again Prime95 pushes a cpu way beyond normal usecase.
But if the thermal conduction would work correct, I'd burn my fingers on the radiator, right?
Or the temps would not be that high at all

But if the thermal conduction would work correct, I'd burn my fingers on the radiator, right?

That's never gonna happen, not even with a cpu reaching over 100. Its with thermal conduction NOT working properly you might burn your hands. Radiators are made (usually) for a large part out of aluminium. Which is an excellent heat conductor. On a standard load, that cooler wil be just fine.

I meant the conduction between CPU and the "block".
But after some reading I found that those temps are pretty usual with that CPU/Cooler combination
Unfortunately a 360 cooler does not fit into the case :(
Around 40° dle and around 70° while gaming must be sufficient then :rolleyes:

So how hot can a CPU get? Generally, your processor shouldn't run at anything greater than 75 degrees C (167 degrees F), but there is some wriggle room. Anything under 60 degrees C (140 degrees F) is perfect.

I meant the conduction between CPU and the "block".
But after some reading I found that those temps are pretty usual with that CPU/Cooler combination
Unfortunately a 360 cooler does not fit into the case :(
Around 40° dle and around 70° while gaming must be sufficient then :rolleyes:
It certainly is.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Wie heiß kann eine CPU werden? Im Allgemeinen sollte Ihr Prozessor nicht bei mehr als 75 Grad Celsius (167 Grad F) laufen, aber es gibt etwas Spielraum für Wirbel. Alles unter 60 Grad C (140 Grad F) ist perfekt.

This question is very simple. To achieve the highest efficiency, it should be so well cooled, that he does not begin to clock down under heavy load. For the highest demands, a
water cooling is used, which starts in good time at 35 °C with the help of a control system, raises the fan speed steeply by means of a control diagram. As a result, the Effect.
However, the increased noise development must be accepted. A very good thermal compound, applied very thinly, is very important!

Back