New Girl Final Season (7)

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by Mighty Mouse, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Member

Error almost immediately with New Girl Final Season (7). Using Anydvd 8.2.7.1

Anydvd Ripper
    Error = IFOTitles1

Dvd Shrink
    Invalid DVD navigation Structure

Disc is original (trusted distributor), but appears to be manufactured from burning rather than pressed.
    Plays in stand alone DVD player without issues.

Amazon ASIN B07DLHSGB3

Attached Files:

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Nah that's a pressed version. Otherwise the disc profile would be different. @James will need to take a look but I'm going with dirty/defective. Too old to be protection

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

3. Lukas

Lukas Well-Known Member

I would also see it as a defective disk or drive :(

4. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

The disc has no protection. EXIT AnyDVD, then try Shrink.

5. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Member

@mmdavis, noticed the lack of css, also tried dvdshrink w/o Anydvd and got the same point of failure/error.

@Lukas @Ch3vr0n Although drives don't last forever, and this could be the beginning of failure, I have not had issues up to this point. I realize stand alone players can 'gloss' over some read errors; however the reading bit rates didn't seem to drop, no playing hesitation nor screen artifacts. Release date was July 3, 2018.

@Ch3vr0n thanks for the correction/information on the pressing vs. burning. Since the disc looked purple on the back, I assumed it was dye and thus burned.

Thanks for the quick responses!

6. Ch3vr0n

We didn't say defective drive, we said disc. Is the underside purple? In that case I could be wrong, I've yet to see a commercial disc with a purple dye. Got an image. Maybe on-demand discs use that but I don't have any of them. But then go me it doesn't make sense to me why the profile says dvd-rom.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

7. Lukas

Lukas Well-Known Member

James should really look

8. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

I would say that kind of isolates it to the disc and/or drive. Certainly not an AnyDVD issue. You might try just copying the disc with Windows to your hard drive. It might retry any defective places enough to get a copy, then use Shrink on that.

9. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Interesting. Looks like a new type of copy protection.

10. Lukas

Lukas Well-Known Member

will it be a new version of ANYDVD? :)

11. Ch3vr0n

If it turns out it is, yes. New DVD protections are always handled by new anydvd versions

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

12. James

Please try AnyDVD 8.2.7.2. Please let me know, if it works better now.

13. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Member

DVDShrink still stops at the same point with the Invalid DVD navigation structure.

8.2.7.2 log attached.

Thank you for looking into this.

Attached Files:

14. Lukas

Lukas Well-Known Member

Mighty Mouse and how does ANYDVD behave? copy DVD to harddisk?

15. Ch3vr0n

What exactly are you doing with dvdshrink? Are you pointing it directly to the disc with anydvd active? Any time anydvd reports a disc to have structural protection (or even better, any time you're using dvdshrink at all), you MUST rip the DVD to hard disk first with the built in anydvd ripper.

16. James

Please use the AnyDVD ripper "rip to folder", or even better, please use CloneDVD2 for better debugging. And because it works, of course.

17. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Member

Thanks for spending labor day looking into this issue.

With the Anydvd ripper, error is now IFOTitles3 (was IFOTitles1 error with 8.2.7.1)

CloneDVD2 reports error of IFO Titles 3 TCE, when preserving menus is checked.

@Ch3vr0n usually use shrink after Anydvd has done a rip. If ripping doesn't work, will try pointing it directly to the disc with anydvd active to see if it can process the disc.

18. Ch3vr0n

Don't, if it fails on the rip it'll most definitely fail on directly accessing the disc. If you always rip first then you're doing it right. Don't try to fix what isn't broken.

19. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Member

Same errors reported with Anydvd 8.2.7.3, log attached.

Ripper = IFOTitles3

CloneDVD2 = IFO Titles 3 TCE, when preserve menus is selected.

Attached Files:

20. Ch3vr0n

@James more of your magic is requested.