• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New FOX Titles Hang

worknstiff

I have seen this problem exhibited on lots of other companies blue-rays before too. You play the disk using TMT and then after the Fox logo plays then it just sits there until you use the "Chapter Skip" or "Ctrl + T" to get it to play the menu. If I copy the blue-ray then the resulting disk exhibits the same problem with a stand alone player, unlike the original disk which goes right to the menu. I think that AnyDVD is somehow "breaking" the instructions to play the next title automatically. I would like it very much if you could make these disks play without using the chapter-skip button. thanks, worknstiff

you think wrong unfortunately. That's a known issue with TMT for a long time now, play the same disc in PowerDVD and everything works just peechy. It's a bug arcsoft never fixed and never will now that support for TMT has been dropped.

I have seen this problem exhibited on lots of other companies blue-rays before too. You play the disk using TMT and then after the Fox logo plays then it just sits there until you use the "Chapter Skip" or "Ctrl + T" to get it to play the menu. If I copy the blue-ray then the resulting disk exhibits the same problem with a stand alone player, unlike the original disk which goes right to the menu. I think that AnyDVD is somehow "breaking" the instructions to play the next title automatically. I would like it very much if you could make these disks play without using the chapter-skip button. thanks, worknstiff

A log file may be needed here to figure out why the stand-alone won't play the burned disc.

https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?45785-Info-How-to-Ask-for-Help-BEFORE-you-post

you think wrong unfortunately. That's a known issue with TMT for a long time now, play the same disc in PowerDVD and everything works just peechy. It's a bug arcsoft never fixed and never will now that support for TMT has been dropped.

I agree, that TMT has a bug with Fox titles, but the OP is also having the same problem with a stand-alone player.

If I copy the blue-ray then the resulting disk exhibits the same problem with a stand alone player, unlike the original disk which goes right to the menu. I think that AnyDVD is somehow "breaking" the instructions to play the next title automatically. I would like it very much if you could make these disks play without using the chapter-skip button. thanks, worknstiff

Please post an AnyDVD log file. (Follow instructions here if you don't know how.)

@ Pelvis Popcan; RE: Please post an AnyDVD log file.

1st - X-MEN DAYS OF FUTURE PAST (UPC 024543962700)

2nd - MR. PEABODY & SHERMAN (UPC 024543869528)

How can it be just a TMT bug, "IF", the disk copy that you play on a Oppo blue-ray player still hangs just like it does on TMT THEN? THANKS FOR YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS PROBLEM!

I have both of these on my hard drive as full ISO's _ both load and play fine with the last build (.199) of TMT.
And by full ISO's I mean that I always leave everything in place (ads, trailers, FBI warnings etc.) I found that removing those things with Fox titles can result in the problems you're having now. X-Men has a trailer of a new Moses (Exodus) movie that can't be jumped ahead _ you're forced to watch it.
Although if I am reading you log files correctly, you're leaving all that in tact anyway.

What ever is going on, it's something on your platform that's causing your problem _ even with your Oppo player...

Both ISO's also work fine with MPC-HC _ which I am using as a player now _ Arcsoft never did fix the washed out black level problem on some platforms and obviously it will never be fixed now.

Try putting the settings back to default in AnyDVD HD in the video Blu-ray section, this will disable Speed Menu and allow the trailers FBI warnings etc. to play.

Enable AnyDVD HD and insert the original disc _ allow it to fully scan the disc.

Try playing that disc with TMT and see if it results in your problem.

OOP's SORRY, NEVER MIND

Hey guys, I had a hard time with this problem with Enders Game, Life of Pi, and a few other various fox titles. Today I burned these two movies that I posted the logs for and I think as long as I have the Remove Prohibited User Operation checked in AnyDVD these two disks will play in my blue-ray player without the chapter skip being used. I believe I also used the remove PUO option even on these older movies but for some reason it works now but didn't then.
SORRY, NEVER MIND, THANKS FOR YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS MATTER. Now if only TMT would get fixed, because I hate PowerDVD with a passion and will never use them for PC playback.

Last edited:
you'll be waiting a long time and die of old age before they fixed it. Arcsoft officially dropped support for TMT. They don't even sell it anymore. Currently PowerDVD and that crappy WinDVD are the only 2 licensed commercial software players with PDVD being the best of the 2

You know usually that's where the free market steps in and fills a need, but I guess everything is going to be streamed from now on so why bother. You know Netflix is really great for binge watching old seasons of TV series but what am I going to get to play "REAL" high definition local video's on my HTPC with? Is Netflix really going to be able to kill off everything else, just like they did to poor old Blockbuster?

You know usually that's where the free market steps in and fills a need, but I guess everything is going to be streamed from now on so why bother. You know Netflix is really great for binge watching old seasons of TV series but what am I going to get to play "REAL" high definition local video's on my HTPC with? Is Netflix really going to be able to kill off everything else, just like they did to poor old Blockbuster?
Free players have already stepped in to fill the gap, MPC-HC even does a pretty descent job of selecting the correct play list, I don't know if any of them will do 3D though _ if you're into that.
So far as I know Ultra Violet is the only way to store 1080p movies. and here in Canada one must have the actual disc in hand to make use of UV. We can't purchase the movies from UV like in the US, we have no choice, but to buy the actual disc.

I thought BlockBuster USA killed the chain here in Canada to bail themselves out form bankruptcy.
The US chain used the Canadian chain as collateral to save themselves and then the Can. chain was closed down.
I talked directly to the owner of my local branch and she said "that it was doing alright here in Canada and her store was making a profit".

Comparing Netflix to BlockBuster is like comaring apples to oranges, Netflix shows old stuff _ you'll be old and grey before the mew X-Men will be shown on Netflix, or anything newly released for that matter.

Never occurred to me about Canada Blockbuster, but down here in the states it was assumed that streaming made keeping thousands of older disks in stock was irrelevant and hastened Blockbusters fall. Oh, and the 99 cent Redbox rentals too. I miss the blue stores and I knew all the people who worked there and was always one of the first ones to show up on new release Tuesday. Wonder why Tues. is so popular for movie release's anyway? Seems like Friday would be better.

I don't know how BlockBuster US is staying alive... I Have Red Box and there is one 1/2 an hour drive from where I am, that also included the last privately owned rental store in my area.
It really sucked when BB went under, I could no longer rent for 7 days and return the lot afterwards. The mom and pop store has only one night rental with new releases, so making the trip back and forth on a nightly bases was ridiculous. This is where SlySoft comes into play.

I have quite a large Blu-ray collection, but I don't (can't) buy everything.

And it is strange why the new releases come out on a Tuesday, but no one ever rents them on a Tuesday, so I get first pick.
I save them all to the hard drive and watch them on the weekend, after which I simply delete them.

I still blind buy _ like the new "How To Train Your Dragon 2" _ I like my cartoons and they look great with MPC-HT and Dmitri Renderer. :p

IIRC, the majority of playback issues are due to the menu structure: if you use SpeedMenu to replace the complicated menus with a simple direct-playlist activation option, then there shouldn't be an issue. However, you pay the price of no longer knowing what each playlist contains.

Of course if TMT doesn't support SpeedMenu, then this isn't going to help.

@ YaniD RE: TMT doesn't support SpeedMenu.

TMT has no problem with SpeedMenu at all. I think that TMT does a wonderful job at playing everything except these FOX & other various Lionsgate or Universal ones (IE: Life of PI, Enders Game, Skyfall, etc). It seems there is only that little hang before it goes on to play what is essentially "chapter 2", before it continues on to the menu. It even plays the loading animations before it hangs. I'm sure I will have to find another HD media player eventually but I really like the TMT interface and that it has so many audio and picture controls. It really sucks that they have decided to not continue supporting it any longer, probably because of the MPAA and all the legal mess that video companies have to deal with just because you want to play "YOUR OWN MEDIA" on your PC. I have always paid for their pretty expensive media player, at least until Cinavia came along, so I guess that's what killed it. I thought it was pretty outrageous when I bought my first PC that had a DVD player and when I stuck in a disk Windows Media Player hacked up a error that I needed to "BUY" some DVD playback software. WHUT??? Why did they call it a DVD player if it can't play a DVD? Did any of these companies ever think that maybe they would sell more disks if they made them easier to play and also made them cheaper by not spending so much money trying to keep you from playing or copying it?

TMT was a solid program!! Shame it is no more....

@ YaniD RE: TMT doesn't support SpeedMenu.

TMT has no problem with SpeedMenu at all. I think that TMT does a wonderful job at playing everything except these FOX & other various Lionsgate or Universal ones (IE: Life of PI, Enders Game, Skyfall, etc). It seems there is only that little hang before it goes on to play what is essentially "chapter 2", before it continues on to the menu. It even plays the loading animations before it hangs. I'm sure I will have to find another HD media player eventually but I really like the TMT interface and that it has so many audio and picture controls. It really sucks that they have decided to not continue supporting it any longer, probably because of the MPAA and all the legal mess that video companies have to deal with just because you want to play "YOUR OWN MEDIA" on your PC. I have always paid for their pretty expensive media player, at least until Cinavia came along, so I guess that's what killed it. I thought it was pretty outrageous when I bought my first PC that had a DVD player and when I stuck in a disk Windows Media Player hacked up a error that I needed to "BUY" some DVD playback software. WHUT??? Why did they call it a DVD player if it can't play a DVD? Did any of these companies ever think that maybe they would sell more disks if they made them easier to play and also made them cheaper by not spending so much money trying to keep you from playing or copying it?

I love TMT very much also for the simplicity of the program, (It is not bloated and intrusive like PowerDVD, which I own, just ok like WinDVD, which I do own, or bloated like Nero, which I don't) and the fact it usually loaded up the Blu-ray discs/DVDs without a hitch (with the exceptions mentioned above.)

Those of us that bought a copy (or other versions of) Arcsoft's TMT had better hope that we'll get lucky like the ones that bought a copy of PowerDVD before Cinavia was added to it, and can still use that version of PowerDVD to this very day (along with AnyDVD HD in the background, enabled, of course) in Windows 7, 8, and the future Windows 10, I hope, plus any future Windows OS.

Back