• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New dvd drive advise please?

Jayman

What is best to look for on purchasing a new drive
and
what makes do people reccomend?
I currently have a philips that appears to be playing up (making more noise than normal and on playback it slips and is out of sync)
Many Thanks
:)

I prefer Plextor and NEC. Lite-On is also a very good unit but some buyers are experiencing some problems with the newer units. Many units are rebadged Lite-On.

A No Brainer - I mean it's OBVIOUS

In a word: Plextor :disagree: :agree: :agree:

I have been using Lite-On exclusively and will continue to use Lite-On with future builds. There's nothing like rolling your own:agree: The best site for price is generally Newegg. Beware, sometimes they charge more for OEM versus retail package. I guess it depends on whats in stock and if they are trying to clear shelves. And always look for free shipping if possible:D

...my picks

What is best to look for on purchasing a new drive
and
what makes do people reccomend?
I currently have a philips that appears to be playing up (making more noise than normal and on playback it slips and is out of sync)
Many Thanks
:)

We've had very good luck with the Pioneer 111D or NEC 3500 series....and we've never had to pay more than $33.00 from newegg.com. however....If money is no object, Plextor seems to be the #1 pick

My Action Toy

:bowdown: :agree: :bowdown:
My system has two DVD burners:
1.) Plextor PX-712A
2.) LG GSA-E10L - Dual Layer USB - (LightScribe - Burns DVD-RAM disks also)

XP Professional SP2
4096 RAM
C: drive - Maxtor 500 GB
D: & E: drives - Seagate 750 GB - (On Promise ATA PCI controller card)
F: drive - Plextor
G: drive - LG GSA-E10L
H: drive - Seagate - (ST3500641CB-RK) - 500 GB USB/Firewire
Dell E228WFP 22-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor

I only use Verbatim media.... Recommended by Technical Support @ both Plextor & lG Electronics
Have never-never created a coaster...
Purchased two 100 packs Verbatim 16X @ Buy.com - $34.99 each delivered -$15.00 rebate on one spindle.... So 200 16X -R disks for $54.98 (0.2749 cents ea.)

Last edited:
I just bought a Pioneer 112D and I'm loving it so far. But, it did replace a 3 year old re-branded Lite-On so I might be a little biased about it.

Hi :)
LG, Pioneer & Plextor are the three I'd list to look at 1st.

I go along with a lot of the others. I have used nothing but Plextor DVD Burners for years, and will continue to use them.

Eric :agree:

At the moment I have four burners below installed. I usually open the case to replace burners a couple of times a day.

1). LG H42N Speedpatched RJ11: Great burner and reader (w/speedpatched RJ11 FW). With speedpatched RJ11 FW it reads faster than the H22N/L.

2). Pioneer 112L Buffalo 8.09: Great burner and decent reader. It writes TYG02@ 12x w/ excellent quality scan.

3). Samsung SH-S182M: Decent all rounder.

4). Lite-On SH-20A1H: Great burner and Fast ripper. I also use it as a scanner.

Help

guys i need help....and i dont know where to go....

i have a toshiba satellite laptop wich has a matshita dvd ram uj-811 locked to region 1 how can i unlock it??? please help

guys i need help....and i dont know where to go....

i have a toshiba satellite laptop wich has a matshita dvd ram uj-811 locked to region 1 how can i unlock it??? please help

I have found that my MAT-SHIT-A-DVD-RAM UJ85JS is effectively unlocked by having AnyDVD runing in the background..

Not sure what your problem is, but if you are wanting to change the region: Control Panel/System/Device Manager/DVD-CD ROM drives/right click on the drive/Properties/DVD Region

Back