• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New drive not working

rak69

I have just put a new DVD drive in. It's a NEC Optiarc AD-7170A. When I put a movie in it then Anydvd comes up with a warning message.
Warning!
Failed to read DVD!

This could have several reasons.

Then tell 4 or 5 reasons. I tried the firmware thing but not sure if I have the right one.

Can anyone help or is the DVD drive just bad?

@ rak69,

Unfortunately you have failed to provide any pertinent information and as such Forum Members are unable to provide any meaningful assistance to you.

Suggest reviewing the SlySoft AnyDVD Forum “Sticky” at the beginning the AnyDVD Forum for possible causes of your problem.

Regards,
Coaster

@ rak69,

Unfortunately you have failed to provide any pertinent information and as such Forum Members are unable to provide any meaningful assistance to you.

Suggest reviewing the SlySoft AnyDVD Forum “Sticky” at the beginning the AnyDVD Forum for possible causes of your problem.

Regards,
Coaster

Such as what? I have told you what drive it is and what it is doing. AnyDvd is the latest ver.

Latest version you have or latest version released? They may not be the same...

Does the new drive function properly? i.e. does it play DVD's...will it burn a CD or an unprotected DVD or CD?
Be ABSOLUTELY sure that you have the correct firmware. In some instances, flashing firmware can void your warranty and installing the incorrect firmware can render the drive useless.

It also helps to disable the auto-start on AnyDVD when you install the drive. Let windows find it, then you test it etc etc... THEN turn AnyDVD back on and go from there.

-W

Replaced the DVD burner with another new one and all works great. So I would say it was the drive.

Back