• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New computer with slow results vs my old computer with faster results

drewman

I built a new tower windows 8 pro computer with the latest hardware.
ATX Asrock z77 extreme6 mobo...
intel I7-3770K processor 1155..
crucial 16GB D3 1600 DIMM C9 ram memory..
single seagate 2TB 7200 HD..
windows 8 pro..
using the intel HD 4000 processor graphics..

My Issue is that now on this new and fast pc, when making a DVD backup disc of (ICE AGE - MAMMOTH CHRISTMAS), I use this DVD for comparison because of its small file size,
using anydvd 7.2.0.2 and clone dvd2 2.9.3.1 ISO option, it takes 3 minutes to create DVD files, and another 10 minutes creating ISO/UDF image. Why does it take so long to create the ISO image compared
to my older XP system.

On my old dell dimension 2400 XP system with a Celeron slow processor and 1 gig of ram, the same disc takes 3 minutes to create DVD files and another 3 minutes to create ISO/UDF image. No graphics card.

Please help... what am I missing.

What part of the computer or components does creating ISO/UDF image use?

Not sure where to post this for the help I need.
Thanks, drewman

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.2.0.2_Info_E_ICE_AGE_A_MAMMOTH_CHRISTMAS.zip
    57.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Did you install all the Mainboard drivers?
For example:

Intel Management Engine driver
Intel INF driver
ASMedia SATA3 driver
etc. etc.

If one is missing it can slowdown the system.
U can download the drivers on the Asrock webpage.

Riplock doesn't affect dvd. Only bluray.

Riplock can be also present for DVD video (afaik only CSS).
It's often a "feature" for quiet playback.
For LiteOn drives it's called Smart-X.
On some LiteON drives it can be disabled by pressing the eject button for three seconds.
Others need riplock patches or a "MCSE speedpatched firmware" just like for Blu-ray movie discs - for example LGs with Renesas chipset, like drewman's GH24NS72.

@Drewman
You can patch the firmware yourself, or just use the attached one.
Original Firmware
MediaCodeSpeedEdit

Attachments

• GH24NS72_speedpatched.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I need to verify all main board drivers are loaded (I did use the supplied drivers install disc and selected all drivers and utilities to be installed).
The riplock on the LG dvd drive looks like that could be the trouble! I will try the files suggested by LOONIER!

Me not knowing the process of the clonedvd2 software........
My thoughts were... during the first part of the process of Clone DVD2, is when the computer was actually using the DVD drive to create the DVD files off from the DVD Disc to the Hard Drive, which only takes 3 minutes which is normal.

Problem begins here.......2nd part of the process, I didn't think it involved the DVD drive.....is when the computer or some component takes the files on the hard drive and creates the ISO/UDF image which is still on the hard drive. Normally takes another 3 minutes, total time of about 6 minutes, but on this new system is taking about 13 minutes or about 17 minutes total.
This is a small file. Other movies with larger files takes much longer!

I hope I am explaining it clear. Many thanks! I will try the above suggestions and report back.

Last edited:
Can you test the speed if you copy the dvd folder which is located on your hard drive into another folder? Please copy not cut and paste.

Also go to the Intel (and other components) drivers page and check if there are any new Intel (other components) driver.s
The drivers available on the DVD are from January till November 2012.

For example Intel INF driver is now 9.4.0.1017 on DVD is 9.3.0.1025

Did you do all settings in the BIOS?
Which Version is the BIOS? maybe an update is available latest one is Version 2.70

As far as I remember if you open the copied files and than do UDF CloneDVD isn't accessing the DVD Drive anymore.
If it would be a RipLock problem, it would take always 10 minutes if you copy this DVD doesn't matter in which mode.

Last edited:
Updated the LG burners to the latest firmware....
Updated all motherboard drivers to the latest per ASrocks web site..
I Flashed the bios to latest.. 2.70
I copied the files in the clonedvd temp folder to new folder..20 files..1.99GB took 15 seconds...
I Copied the ISO file to a new folder... 1.99 GB.. took about 2 seconds.....

I remade the backup up of (ICE AGE - MAMMOTH CHRISTMAS)again and created a new log file..
Results are the same as before.. SLOW... during what I call the 2nd step of the continuous process ....
using anydvd 7.2.0.2 and clone dvd2 2.9.3.1 ISO option, it takes 3 minutes to create DVD files, and another 12 minutes when clonedvd2 starts
creating the ISO/UDF image... approx 14 minutes for whole movie backup..

On the older celeron XP Dell system.. approx 6 minutes total, for same process as above.

What part of the computer or components does creating ISO/UDF image use.
bios settings are default... not sure what I would be missing.

Thanks for any input... willing to try anything.. this system should fly compared to the old Dell!

NEW INFO!!!!! But you have to use a 2 step process.....Sucks.... Why?
********************************************************************************************************
Just tried this and the system created an ISO image in 25 seconds from the folder c:/clonedvdtemp/video_TS files....... Strange.. I used the
2 step process WHICH SHOULD BE ONLY 1 STEP.

OK..... when I use clonedvd2 .. middle option... clone DVD... then select middle option to create ISO/UDF image, I unchecked at the bottom to not delete temporary files after writing.....
ok.. when clone dvd2 copies the files from the DVD to the temporary file location folder c:/clonedvdtemp/video_TS... that process takes 3 minutes...
but it looks like when clonedvd continues its process of processing those temp files into an ISO image... for some reason its taking way to long like 10 minutes........

So this is where I am now........

If I now restart clonedvd2.. select option 3, write existing data....select DVD movie files...enter the path of those temporary files that wasn't deleted, IFO/VOB files which is located c:/clonedvdtemp/video_TS folder......then... select the output method as ISO/UDF Image and then select go................ 25 seconds later is the completed ISO file!!!!! That's Fast.
Is there some settings with slysofts software that I'm missing. Whats up?

Whats going on here........... any thoughts as to why Clonedvd2 is getting bogged down in someway during the combined actions of clonedvd2 during the creation of the ISO/UDF Image. Vs selecting option 3 and doing a 2 step process of eventually creating the ISO image from the c:/clonedvdtemp/video_TS files......... Any thoughts?

Summary...................... When I use Clonedvd2 > create ISO/UDF image> the whole process takes 17 minutes...... way to long... Whats wrong?
...................................When I do a 2 step process. I use Clonedvd2 > write existing data > IFO/VOB files are created in 3 minutes, then when I go and use > write existing data and create the video files to ISO/UDF Image, 25 seconds laters I have the ISO Image. Thats fast and normal!
Any suggestions.....

Thanks....Drewman

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.2.0.2_Info_D_ICE_AGE_A_MAMMOTH_CHRISTMAS.zip
    58.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Update on resolution?

Updated the LG burners to the latest firmware....
Updated all motherboard drivers to the latest per ASrocks web site..
I Flashed the bios to latest.. 2.70
I copied the files in the clonedvd temp folder to new folder..20 files..1.99GB took 15 seconds...
I Copied the ISO file to a new folder... 1.99 GB.. took about 2 seconds.....

I remade the backup up of (ICE AGE - MAMMOTH CHRISTMAS)again and created a new log file..
Results are the same as before.. SLOW... during what I call the 2nd step of the continuous process ....
using anydvd 7.2.0.2 and clone dvd2 2.9.3.1 ISO option, it takes 3 minutes to create DVD files, and another 12 minutes when clonedvd2 starts
creating the ISO/UDF image... approx 14 minutes for whole movie backup..

On the older celeron XP Dell system.. approx 6 minutes total, for same process as above.

What part of the computer or components does creating ISO/UDF image use.
bios settings are default... not sure what I would be missing.

Thanks for any input... willing to try anything.. this system should fly compared to the old Dell!

NEW INFO!!!!! But you have to use a 2 step process.....Sucks.... Why?
********************************************************************************************************
Just tried this and the system created an ISO image in 25 seconds from the folder c:/clonedvdtemp/video_TS files....... Strange.. I used the
2 step process WHICH SHOULD BE ONLY 1 STEP.

OK..... when I use clonedvd2 .. middle option... clone DVD... then select middle option to create ISO/UDF image, I unchecked at the bottom to not delete temporary files after writing.....
ok.. when clone dvd2 copies the files from the DVD to the temporary file location folder c:/clonedvdtemp/video_TS... that process takes 3 minutes...
but it looks like when clonedvd continues its process of processing those temp files into an ISO image... for some reason its taking way to long like 10 minutes........

So this is where I am now........

If I now restart clonedvd2.. select option 3, write existing data....select DVD movie files...enter the path of those temporary files that wasn't deleted, IFO/VOB files which is located c:/clonedvdtemp/video_TS folder......then... select the output method as ISO/UDF Image and then select go................ 25 seconds later is the completed ISO file!!!!! That's Fast.
Is there some settings with slysofts software that I'm missing. Whats up?

Whats going on here........... any thoughts as to why Clonedvd2 is getting bogged down in someway during the combined actions of clonedvd2 during the creation of the ISO/UDF Image. Vs selecting option 3 and doing a 2 step process of eventually creating the ISO image from the c:/clonedvdtemp/video_TS files......... Any thoughts?

Summary...................... When I use Clonedvd2 > create ISO/UDF image> the whole process takes 17 minutes...... way to long... Whats wrong?
...................................When I do a 2 step process. I use Clonedvd2 > write existing data > IFO/VOB files are created in 3 minutes, then when I go and use > write existing data and create the video files to ISO/UDF Image, 25 seconds laters I have the ISO Image. Thats fast and normal!
Any suggestions.....

Thanks....Drewman

Drewman - Did you ever get this issue resolved? I am having the same problem. Thanks!

UPDATE.............. Installed a 120gig Samsung Solid State Drive 840EVO...

UPDATE…………………………………..
After not finding a reason or solution to the slow ISO file creation I was dumb founded not understanding why an old Celeron system was so quick and this new state of the art pc was so slow.

Unknowingly I installed a New Samsung SSD 120 gig 840 EVO in my state of the art PC and installed windows 8 and the drivers once again. This upgrade is definitely the one to do, where you get the most improvement for your dollar, quicker boot times and programs load faster!

So next, I did the test burn movie, Ice Age A Mammoth Christmas Special…………………. WOW!!!!!
Any dvd, cloneDvd2 created the ISO/UDF in 2:59 Total………. (two minutes and 59 seconds)..
Under 3 minutes to create DVD files……… then 15 seconds creating ISO/UDF image…. This process now flies as I expected it should!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO quick now and very happy with the results. I have included the log files and a .jpeg shot of the result.

Why a normal Seagate 1000gb Hard Drive 7200 rpm drive doesn’t give you the fast results is mind boggling.
Samsung 120gig SSD 840 EVO (Solid State Drive) absolutely flies and has my system preforming as I expect. This Solid State Drive has resolved the issue of slow burn/process times! I am now curious if the other people who have this same issue will try a SSD, and see if it resolves their issues also.
Test.jpgView attachment AnyDVD_7.4.3.0_Info_E_ICE_AGE_A_MAMMOTH_CHRISTMAS.ziplog
Thanks Drewman……………. Try a SSD and post back the results please…

There has to be another solution other than replace HDD

I'm in the same boat you were, new Dell PC running Windows 8. My old PC would complete an iso image in 10 minutes, start to finish. Now, the read process goes quickly, 5 minutes, but the iso file creation is taking 30 minutes. It can't be just the HDD causing the delay, can it??

Solid state drives are just that fast, those times seem about what mine was ehen I used it for burning on windows 7. So I beleive that it is something either in the pipeline transfers, or the drive itself, or the drivers are not set right for the equipment. Or just windows 8 strikes again.

SOLID STATE DRIVE Is the way to go!

I kept thinking I was missing a driver of some sort. It was driving me nuts as to why the first part of clonedvd 2 was normal, and then the 2nd part creating the ISO/UDF file was so slowwwwwwww.
Was hoping that these computer experts here would have a solution, as I was asking them what part of the computer does clonedvd2 use in the process of creating the ISO/UDF files (was it the ram or video card or processer) I never received an answer. I could write a book on what all I tried and didn't work. ( more ram, then less ram, video card , no video card, different processor, different dvd drives, moved the sata cables to different ports, updated all drivers,) Nothing worked.............. Same results.....
Old dell Celeron (PATA) system flew; this new state of the art pc (SATA) was slow...... It boggled my mind. I was begging for help!

Then I stumbled on a PC Magazine called MAXIUMUMPC February's 2014 issue cover said... SUPERCHARGE YOUR PC!
It talked about SSD's (Solid State Drives) that the SSD was the best bang for your buck! Quick boot times and opens programs quick! I wanted one.....
Installed the 120 gig Samsung 840 EVO drive ( 89 Dollars), Loaded windows 8 once again, installed the original drivers, did all of windows updates, updated windows defender as my firewall and anti-virus (Use Microsoft Security essentials for windows 7), all are free and never have to buy an anti-virus program again!, Loaded the SlySoft programs........
I was like (WOW).... it flies
The whole process is much quicker!
120 gig SSD was 89 dollars, plenty of room for your programs, using the other sata HD for storage..

Conclusion! Why it’s the hard drive, got no ideal other than it fixed my problem now on 2 Pc's!
Amazed!
New PC is now much quicker than the older one!!
Try a SSD and post your results. I'm curious why this fixes the problem.

Think of the 120 GB SSD as another 120 GB of memory, instead of the 4, 8, or 16 GB that most PCs have sitting in their slots waiting to be used by whatever program needs them. All electronic, no moving parts, like a hard drive. Or a DVD, or Blueray. No waits while a mechanical part moves to a different location, every fraction of a second. But even the programs, etc could be even faster if they were set up to realize that the pc was running on a SSD versus a HDD. Some systems have built in time delays that could be cut way back if the program realized that it only required that it needed nanosecnds versus milliseconds to microseconds of delay.

Back