• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New CloneDVD Mobile user here. Have some questions on PSP stuff.

darkwonders

Hi.

Ok, I've been playing around with the coding for a while and trying different quality, but I don't know which one to go with.

What's the best way to set up? There's so many options and I don't know which ones will be good for me.

Should I do the 480 or 720?

And what about passing 1,2, or 3 times? What does that do to the quality?

Finally, how much of a hit on quality will I need to take if I want to keep my movies around 500mb.

I have the latest firmware for the PSP slim and have the latest CloneDVD mobile program.

Thanks in advance!

I am also in the process of testing clonedvd mobile for my psp encoding and have found that you should only consider 720 res if you are thinking of playing video on your tv using the tv out cable for the psp slim because the psp screen res is less than 720.
the number of passes is up to you, I have only tested 3 pass so far and the quality is very good but it does take more time.
I need to test some small clips with 2 pass to see if 3 is overkill (time vs quality).
to sum it up just test the diff settings and find what works for you.

yeah. I've been trying different sizes for my movies as well. With a single pass at 25 quality, my movies end up taking up close to 700mb each, which is a lot considering my biggest memory stick right now is a 2GB one. So I can't really afford doing that. I'm hoping that I can find a happy medium for me with size and quality in the videos

I make all my PSP movies at 480x272 and I set the quality slider to fifteen. This produces movies between 350MB and 650MB depending on the length of the film. Most movies are less than 500MB.

The Max Resolution that a PSP currently display is 480x272. However, if you elect to use the 720x480 settings to make your movies in CloneDVD Mobile the movies look much better. I think it has to do with the bitrate, and obviously it produces a much larger file (around 700MB).

The 720x480 format is best if you ever have any desire to watch the movie on your PC as well. Its a better quality PSP movie, and it doesn't look terrible on the PC. However, there are ongoing issues with CloneDVD Mobile with the 720x480 settings. The encoding often doesn't work, producing a movie that is a black screen with audio only. However, those ongoing issues should be kept in the appropriate thread:

CloneDVD Mobile 720x480 issues thread

as far as number of passes, i always did 2pass, until i read somewhere on here that it only really made a big difference for fast action scenes. so i switched to 1pass, which saves a hell of alot of time(on my slow computer). movies still look fine. of course i'm not overly critical of picture quality cause i never do any serious movie watching on such a small screen.

Back