• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New blu-ray support

Ghostsmurf

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum, so please tell me if I am posting at the wrong place or do anything bad.

I bought AnyDVD recently (lifetime licence) and slowly start to discover its functionalities. I also have installed the offline database just in case. (I use anyDVD 8.5.1.0)

Before posting here, I read all the sticky posts, but I may still ask dumb questions anyways, so feel free to correct me.

Today, I wanted to play a new bluray (Castle in the Sky, by Gkid, that was released earlier this month) and AnyDVD scanned it but doesn't seem to play the right playlist.

So I would like to ask you some questions :

1. Do I need to send the ziplog file or AnyDVD collect automatically blurays informations from discs that are inserted in the blu-ray player ?

2. How do I know if a bluray isn't supported yet by AnyDVD ? And when is it needed to generate and share a ziplog file and send it (either here and/or by email, I don't know) ?

I join here the ziplog of Castle in the Sky hoping that it can help you.

Thank you in advance for your help !

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.1.0_Info_F_CASTLE_IN_THE_SKY_5611D862_CD16A44F.ziplog
    501 KB · Views: 5
Today, I wanted to play a new bluray (Castle in the Sky, by Gkid, that was released earlier this month) and AnyDVD scanned it but doesn't seem to play the right playlist.
Please elaborate, as AnyDVD doesn't "play" anything. What are you trying to do? Watch it using PowerDVD? Copy the movie? (Use CloneBD)

Hello,

Effectively, I didn't give you all the details.

I mean, I am using AnyDVD to decrypt the bluray and then play it in Potplayer (Potplayer lastest stable version + LAVFilters 0.94.2 + MadVR 0.92.17)

When I open the disc in Potplayer, the video start but I am not sure it is the good stream. The same happens when I use MPC-BE. So I'm sure that AnyDVD decrypt the disc, maybe it doesn't select the good playlist.

Honestly, I don't know, I ask because I want to understand. Also, I am aware that if something is wrong, it's mostly on my end due to the lack of knowledge.

Am I doing something wrong ? Did I miss something ? And also, just to know, did I send properly the logfile ?

That's a potplayer problem, that it's not selecting the right playlist. Not an anydvvd issue. Given the small amount of playlists on the disc (andi could be wrong obviously), i don't see any evidence of screenpass protection on this disc that would trigger such behavior

Hello,

It could be a Potplayer issue. But why both Potplayer and MPC-BE (not the same dev teams, I think) would chose the same wrong playlist ?

I tried in Kodi in which I have access to the bluray menu, and I can arrive on the main menu from which I can play the movie properly.

Also, I never blamed AnyDVD, I just asked if it could have chosen the wrong playlist, which could have been a possibility.

So the problem is solved, thank you.

But before closing this post, I would just like to know : in which case should I send a log file on the forum and/or to the support(Disc not supported, wrong playlist...) for normal blu-rays ?

Logfiles? EVERY time you have a problem with a disc (regardless if it's a dvd or blu-ray), ANY problem. Didn't say you blamed anydvd, just saying that going by the logfile info, anydvd did its job like it was supposed too. Hence this could only be a player issue (potplayer, mpc-be,...)

Do you mean Any DVD or Any DVD HD, only the HD version will handle BluRay? You need HD.

Back