• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New and Confused

RemingtonJoe

Hey gang,

I'm new to site and to burning DVD's so I may have even posted this in the wrong place. But here it goes......Do I need AnyDVD and CloneDVD to back-up my cd's. I have cd's that I bought for my kids that I want to make copies of to take on trips etc. after they ruined a couple playing with them in the car lol. Any tips in the right direction would be great. Even a start guide on fourm would be nice......just point the way.

P.S. When I was looking for these products I came across CloneDVD.net I think. Whats the difference?

Hey gang,

I'm new to site and to burning DVD's so I may have even posted this in the wrong place. But here it goes......Do I need AnyDVD and CloneDVD to back-up my cd's.

Audio cds? No. Anydvd and Clonedvd are required for dvd-video (retail movies).

You need Clonecd.

When I was looking for these products I came across CloneDVD.net I think. Whats the difference?

That's a rip-off product.

Hi :)
Welcome onboard. :agree: :clap:
AnyDVD may help with regards some audio cd protections.
CloneDVD is not only a rippoff product. It is massively inferior to the real thing.;)

Still very confused guys

I downloaded the trial versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD, and I have to say I must no be very technical because I don't know where to start. I'm trying to back up copies of Commercial DVD's that I bought to take on trips for my kids. They keep destroying the originals lol. Do I have to use one first, or one or the other, or both. I can't make heads or tails on the forums on a step by step process. I'd like to buy this product but only if I can figure out how to use it. If someone could help a computer idiot that would be great. Thanks in advance guys!.......RemingtonJoe ( DVD burning noob)

I downloaded the trial versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD, and I have to say I must no be very technical because I don't know where to start. I'm trying to back up copies of Commercial DVD's that I bought to take on trips for my kids. They keep destroying the originals lol. Do I have to use one first, or one or the other, or both. I can't make heads or tails on the forums on a step by step process. I'd like to buy this product but only if I can figure out how to use it. If someone could help a computer idiot that would be great. Thanks in advance guys!.......RemingtonJoe ( DVD burning noob)

Welcome to the forum.
You have the same thread in the CloneDVD section, so we'll answer on this one. AnyDVD removes copy protection and runs in the background. You should see a red fox icon in your Taskbar if it has been installed correctly. When you load a DVD, a balloon will appear over it. After that you can start CloneDVD or already have or running. For CloneDVD instructions, read through this thread. There are very good pictorial instructions toward the end. Click on the ? in CloneDVD will also give you a help and direction file.

AnyDVD also has some advanced functions (ripping) that can be done, but start with the basics for now.

Last edited:

Answer on your same post in the AnyDVD section.

RemingtonJoe, please do not create multiple threads about the exact same issue. It makes troubleshooting difficult. Thanks.

Step 1: run AnyDVD

Step 2: insert DVD to be copied, AnyDVD will then do it thing with detecting the copy protection on the disc.

Step 3: run CloneDVD

Step 4: choose which option you would like to do, are you only wanting to copy certain parts of the DVD, say just the movie with no menus or do you want to just clone the DVD so that menus, subtitles, extras etc are intact?

Step 5: after you have choosen which button to push you now need to choose the drive the DVD is on where it says "DVD video files" and a selection box next to it.

Step 6a: if you have choosen to clone certain parts, you can now check/uncheck the parts you want to keep or not keep. If you want menus included regardless of which parts you are keeping make sure you check the "preserve menus" box.

You will also need to select which type of DVD you are copying to... ie. DVD -5 = single layer or DVD +/-R DL = dual layer, there are other options but these are the 2 you will need to choose from. This option is down at the bottom by the quality bar. click "Next" and jump to step 7

Step 6b: Pretty straight forward if you are cloning the entire DVD, you just need to select which type of DVD you are copying to again DVD-5 (single layer) or DVD +/- R DL (dual layer). Click "Next" goto step 9

Step 7: Here you need to choose which Audio streams and subtitles you are wanting to keep, personally I just keep the English AC-3/6 whenever possible. Click "Next" goto step 8.

Step 8: here you get a summary of what you have choosen to copy and 3 options of how you want to copy the files, 1 lets you copy the DVD files to the hard drive, 2 copies to the hard drive as 1 big ISO file, 3 copies to a blank DVD

Step 9: Here you can select which audio steams you want, see step 7. Click "Next" goto step 8

I hope this clears things up a bit for you.

Well, when I saw the title of this thread, "New and Confused", I thought there was a newly released sequel to "Dazed and Confused" that had some protection issues. :D

I see that everyone took the time to help a new member learn about slysoft products ... good job. Nice crew inhabiting ssf, i must say!

Whisperer

Thanks guys

Thanks guys the post help shed some light on some things, although I'm still learning the lingo lol. Sorry about the multiple threads. I had a computer glitch and forgot I posted it in the other section, lol. I guess the admin can deleate one for me. I really appreciate you guys taking the time to help someone understand this stuff, espically the guy (Danger, I think) for the step by step he posted. I'm sure to have many questions (which may sound noobish to you pros) in the future. But, I can already see that I'll purchase this product for the product alone, but also for the support you guys are so quick to give. Thanks again for your help......RemingtonJoe

Oh yea I fogot to mention this

I just happened to try the CloneDVD 4 before I found Slysoft. The product was not good quality and really no support at all. The product fails in comparison to CloneDVD and AnyDvD by a long shot. Thanks again guys!

Back