• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New, am trying to burn in correct format to play on dvd player.

nick_burner

Hello everyone I am using CloneDvd2 and AnyDvd,
I am new to burning backups of my dvds. I hope someone out there can give me a little help:confused:. I have been able to successfully burn my dvds, but I can only play them on my computer, not a dvd player. The most simple answer would be that my dvd player cannot handle the format; however, I have a dvd player that is able to play:

DVD-ROMs/DVD+RWs/DVD+Rs/DVD+Rs DL/DVD-RWs/DVD-Rs/DVD-Rs DL
in the following formats:
-MP3audio tracks and JPEG image files of format conforming to UDF (Universal Disk Format)

so I do not believe that is the cause of my problems:confused:. If someone could please guide me step by step through formatting a DVD backup copy that will play on my dvd player I would be extremely grateful. I am at my wits end trying to figure this out on my own.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not all copies are going to be compatible with all standalone DVD players. This is a known fact. Try the movie in a different standalone DVD player to see if it works.

Hello,
Thanks for replying so quickly I appreciate it! I have already tried to play the burnt copys in 6 different stand alone dvd players and still no go.

Hello,
Thanks for replying so quickly I appreciate it! I have already tried to play the burnt copys in 6 different stand alone dvd players and still no go.
Do the copies work in your PC? Also, what kind of media are you using as in the brand name?

Yes, the copies work perfectly in my PC, The recordable media I am using is brand named MAXELL DVD+R.

Yes, the copies work perfectly in my PC, The recordable media I am using is brand named MAXELL DVD+R.
Please stop using Maxell. They do not even make their own optical media. I suggest Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim, or Sony media. Maxell is poor quality.

This from the FAQ thread.
10. My backups play on my computer or standalone dvd player, but not in something else. Why?

First, if the backup is playing in a standalone dvd player or on your computer that means Clonedvd worked.

The most common reason why you're having this problem (if the backup doesn't work in a standalone dvd player) is due to a compatibility issue between the blank media you're using and whatever you're using to play the backup in (standalone dvd player, for example). Basically your dvd player, dvd-rom drive, etc. doesn't like the blank media you're using (or if you're using +R media, you didn't change the booktype to "dvd-rom"). You can try choosing other blank media (+r instead of -r, for example, and change the booktype to "dvd-rom")--or buy a different standalone dvd player (or a different dvd-rom drive, burner, etc.).

If you're using dvd-r media and your standalone dvd player gives you a message similar to ""Play Prohibited, please check disc", use dvd+r media instead and change the booktype to "dvd-rom" (see "b)" below).

a) Are you using junk blank media? If you're not using Taiyo Yuden 8x premium, Verbatim, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality, then chances are the answer to this question is "yes".
b) Click this and read FULLY (especially take a look at point 4 for more information on bitsetting/booktyping, but all points are very important)

The same factors also apply to why the backup doesn't play in your computer (but there can be other factors including buggy or poorly installed dvd player software, bad drivers, etc.).

It's also possible the playback device/player that can't play the disc is slowly dying.

Thanks,
I will try to stop using MAXELL, and I will change the format to DVD-ROM and see if that works, but for some reason I doubt it. Maybe I will try to start using a -R instead of +R, I don't really know the difference.

Thanks,
I will try to stop using MAXELL, and I will change the format to DVD-ROM and see if that works, but for some reason I doubt it. Maybe I will try to start using a -R instead of +R, I don't really know the difference.
There is no real difference. However, -R claims to have a compatibility rating with standalone DVDs players that is 5-10% higher than +R without booktyping. Other brands are junk media too, that's why I recommend Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim, or Sony.

nick_burner;4600 an6 said:
but I can only play them on my computer, not a dvd player

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

10. My backups play on my computer or standalone dvd player, but not in something else. Why?

First, if the backup is playing in a standalone dvd player or on your computer that means Clonedvd worked.

The most common reason why you're having this problem (if the backup doesn't work in a standalone dvd player) is due to a compatibility issue between the blank media you're using and whatever you're using to play the backup in (standalone dvd player, for example). Basically your dvd player, dvd-rom drive, etc. doesn't like the blank media you're using (or if you're using +R media, you didn't change the booktype to "dvd-rom"). You can try choosing other blank media (+r instead of -r, for example, and change the booktype to "dvd-rom")--or buy a different standalone dvd player (or a different dvd-rom drive, burner, etc.).

If you're using dvd-r media and your standalone dvd player gives you a message similar to ""Play Prohibited, please check disc", use dvd+r media instead and change the booktype to "dvd-rom" (see "b)" below).

a) Are you using junk blank media? If you're not using Taiyo Yuden 8x premium, Verbatim, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality, then chances are the answer to this question is "yes".
b) Click this and read FULLY (especially take a look at point 4 for more information on bitsetting/booktyping, but all points are very important)

The same factors also apply to why the backup doesn't play in your computer (but there can be other factors including buggy or poorly installed dvd player software, bad drivers, etc.).

It's also possible the playback device/player that can't play the disc is slowly dying.

Hey, I figured out what I was doing wrong. It had nothing to do with the DVD player. I was using Clone DVD to rip the movie to my hard drive, but I wasn't using dvd writing feature of clonedvd. I was trying to use another program to burn the disc. Sorry, didn't understand at first.

Back