• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Neverwinter Nights 2 - BSOD

xantarion

Hi.

With the current (and previous) version of GameJackal, my computer BSOD while launching game when creating profile.

PAGED FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA ..... 0x00000050

Why? Is this a know problem?

(I did a forum search on "0x00000050" and "PAGED FAULT", no hits. So I guess this is the first post on the problem....).

Running newest available version of Neverwinter Nights 2 (02.sep 2007)
ProtectionID v5.2c reports: SecuROM v7.21

View my system (dxdiag)

Last edited:
There are no known BSOD issues with GJ. What version of GJ are you running?

version

I'm running 2.9.18.570, on Windows Vista Ultimate (en).
I have even performed a clean reinstalled of my system, it didn't help. (I have also done a Memtest86 memory test, all ok).

It's the DVD version (uk) of the game.
Antivirus: Eset NOD32
Graph: ATI Cat 7.8
DVD-Drive: Plextor 760SA (serial-ata)

Webslinger: sry, though you would get all info from my dxdiag file.
proc monitor.log file doesn't contain any information from the nwn2 attemt.

Btw. I did a "successfull" attemt on Doom3. That is: it didn't crash, but Doom3 still asked for CD. (Non updates version of doom, I think ID has removed the cd check from the later releases. I've also tried The Bards Tale, but no luck there. Profile creation goes ok, but the game still wants the original cd. Maby GameJackal doesn't like SATA optical drives...?

Last edited:
When trying to build a Neverwinter Nights 2 profile, it takes over 9 minutes to finalize the profile under the beta of 577 on Vista Home Premium 32 bit. This implies that the profile will not be created properly(based on my experience with other titles and previous builds for things like Civ 4: BtS).

I will update this post after the build finishes.

Edit: As expected, the profile doesn't work. I get the usual message to insert the CD/DVD.

Last edited:
Updated to the new beta gamejackal.. didn't help

Updated to the beta version, still same problem.
Computer BSOD on profile creation. The mouse cursor turns into a cd-icon (like it does when launching with original dvd), then boom-blue!

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FB42BB83
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: 824915F4
BCP4: 00000002
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Tried game jackal with supreme commander, worked fine.
Neverwinter Nights2 also works fine with original dvd in the drive.

I'm not aware of anyone using GJ with SATA optical drives... however I suspect there could be issues here. Would be interesting to hear from anyone else using this type of drive.

The other thing to try... I believe that some BIOS's that support SATA optical drives may have an option to run them in PATA emulation mode. Maybe give this a try if it available.

Last edited:
Hiya,

I too have this problem, and yes I have a SATA drive in my system also. I don't have time to post all the info needed here but it's a Windows Vista Home Premium version.

Thanks.
Sam

For what it's worth, I have a Lite-on PATA CD drive and Mask of the Betrayer(not vanilla NWN2) causes a blue screen when I try to make a profile.

I am guessing that SecureRom is conflicting with Game Jackal in some way and causes the Blue Screen.

Back