• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Netflix SD Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not an universal Law fortunately, even in E.U. countries have different copyright Law. Few of them for example allow torrenting or decode encrypted broadcasts (cabletv, sat) or decode Macovision or other copy protection system on vhs/dvd/blu-ray and DRM online as well.

But for personal use only. Don't allow to share or sell.

Unfortunately, though, the US likes to shove their laws down everyone's throat (just ask SlySoft).

Please be patent and wait. The SD thing isint Redfox wrong and it takes time to fix HD cdms and if that must be done for every service it takes time.

Unfortunately, though, the US likes to shove their laws down everyone's throat (just ask SlySoft).
Unfortunately (or fortunatlely as TNC67 mentioned) most of the copyright laws in the E.U countries contain " ambiguous clauses".
For example in Germany it says that it is forbidden to crack "an efficent copy protection". But if you can crack the copy protection, is it efficient?

As far as I know there has never been filed a lawsuit against somebody.

This whole May 31st thing I keep hearing about sounds more like a Mayan calendar reading than an evidence based prediction.
Here's your evidence:
Code:
 https://www.widevine.com/news

The latest Chrome CDM has been released with Chrome 89. This CDM will be updated for all compatible Chrome versions (starting from 68).

With the release of this latest client, Widevine will be removing support for older browser clients on May 31, 2021.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately (or fortunatlely as TNC67 mentioned) most of the copyright laws in the E.U countries contain " ambiguous clauses".
For example in Germany it says that it is forbidden to crack "an efficent copy protection". But if you can crack the copy protection, is it efficient?

As far as I know there has never been filed a lawsuit against somebody.

The DMCA has similar wording. It uses "effective" and "effectively," but people misinterpret it's meaning. In legal terms, "effective" doesn't refer to the "goodness" of the protection. I have no idea about the German law. I don't live in Germany.

Here's your evidence:
Code:
 https://www.widevine.com/news

The key line in that whole thing is this one
With the release of this latest client, Widevine will be removing support for older browser clients on May 31, 2021.

Anystream isn't a full-fledged browser. End of story. The Netflix and Disney+ sides are 100% in-house development? The amazon side is based on a chromium barebones implementation, and that one isn't outdated either. That is the final word on that. The so-called "doomsday" you folks keep talking about is still 2 weeks away and it may not affect anything in anystream AT ALL. You folks are acting like it's tomorrow or in a few hours. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

There will be NO further discussion on technical implementations of DRM technologies. Do i make myself clear? Over the past week we've had to lock nearly 2 dozen topics on this and each and everyone started out fine but ended up with users calling developers names, accusing them of being scammers and god knows what else. THIS ENDS HERE AND NOW! Everything that can be said, has been said! The subject of widevine and May 31st, is AS OF NOW OFF-LIMITS. That debate is now closed permanently since many forum users can't behave.

The next topic that gets opened on this will get an instant lock. The FAQ has been updated days ago in the regards of the DRM and SD quality on downloads.

End of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back