• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Netflix resolution

vulpes

resolution of Netflix movies (not series) is limited to 960x540 which is half of full hd in each dimension.
Will this change someday?

Well, we can't say anything on behalf of Netflix. AnyStream takes what it is given. Besides, not all movies are 960x540.

This is a browser issue, just tested with my Mac (Dual Boot MacOS & Win10):
Safari gets 1920x1080 while
Firefox and Chrome only get a poor 960x540 resolution
these browsers are in now way less capable than Safari.
I also tried with Edge@Win10 but the shift-ctl-alt-D doesn't work with Edge; I have no idea why.
Firefox@Win10 does also only 960x540.
I suppose Netflix has 2 categories for the browsers:
Firefox and Chrome are "bad" browsers, Safari (and probably Edge) are "good" browsers.
If this doesn't change I will not buy Anystream and I'll cancel my Netflix subscription

Without diving into technical details - AnyStream is not a browser. We ask - Netflix decides what to give what not to give.

Without diving into technical details - AnyStream is not a browser. We ask - Netflix decides what to give what not to give.

OK then:
Goodbye AnyStream
GoodBye Netflix (I currently pay for HD quality and only get SD with my favourite browser @ my favourite OS - Linux)

Back