• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Netflix not loading

filmgal

I successfully downloaded a film, and when it was done Netflix stopped responding. Since then (about 1 hour ago), Netflix does not load. "Transmission attempt resulted in error: Host www.netflix.com not found"
Log attached.

edit: Additional info: I was able to login to Netflix without issue using my browser on the same computer.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.0.7.0.astlog
    1.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Works fine now. Anystream probably just needed a good nap ;)

This seems more like a resolving problem. Are you using any VPN?

No vpn. The problem hasn't really gone away. It came back a few hours later, and it happened twice today. The way to "fix" it is to remove Netflix as a provider, exit Anystream, restart Anystream and re-select Netflix as a provider. That usually logs back into Netflix.

Actually, just in case it is relevant, I was using a VPN the day before, exited Anystream for about 14 hrs, then restarted Anystream without a VPN. But that happened at the same time that I upgraded to the latest release so it's hard to troubleshoot the issue.

Last edited:
My way of fixing is no longer reliable. Once again I am not able to connect to Netflix. When I select Netflix I just get a blank screen even after removing Netflix and re-connecting it. I am going to try reverting to the previous version of Anystream where I never had the issue. It may help troubleshoot.

Additional info: I reverted to the previous version of Anystream, where I never had an issue, and Netflix will still not load. I'm am using Netflix Canada (without vpn). Not sure what else I can try.

I can't read the date format in the log so I can't tell if the message was from using the newest version of the previous version. I'll get back to you when it happens again.

There are no dates in the log - merely timestamps since the program started.
However, the log contains the version information in the beginning. Like this:

00:00:00.358 - [Notice] AnyStream version 1.0.7.0

Ok. The thing is that the host Netflix can't be found issue seems to manifest itself differently in the previous version and in the new one.

With the old one, when you are downloading a series and you've completed an episode, when the host can't be found you don't get logged out or anything, you just don't see the episode window to select the next one. Instead you get the Netflix screen behind it (the regular search results page) and you have to click on the icon for the series a few times before it "engages" and then the episodes to download window appears.

I seem to recall seeing that in the new version as well, except that no amount of clicking on the series would open the episode window. If you exit Anystream when that happens (on the new version) and you restart, that's usually when the netflix tab is just blank and will not let you login. At least with the previous version you might get reconnected seamslessly by clicking on the series again and again until the episode window comes up.

I have no clue if this is helpful to you in any way ;-)

Log attached for previous version.
The issue I describe happened about 5 minutes ago and I was able to get it going.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.0.6.0.astlog
    253.1 KB · Views: 1
In general logs of the latest version are preferred.
The log still suggests a networking problem.

However, what download speed is set? As well, were you watching Netflix in a browser at the time and if yes, does your Netflix account allow simultaneous use of multiple devices?

Back