• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Netflix max 540p

FredmanF1

Since yesterday there are a lot of shows & movies that offer me 540p as maximum resolution (I tried all the Anystream versions). I never saw that before, everything I downloaded was always 1080p.

I live in the Netherlands with Gigabit connection and have a 4k Netflix account,so that shouldn't be the problem. Also in EDGE browser I get the 1080p resolution.

Any idea what is going wrong?
Thank you.

Since yesterday there are a lot of shows & movies that offer me 540p as maximum resolution (I tried all the Anystream versions). I never saw that before, everything I downloaded was always 1080p.

I live in the Netherlands with Gigabit connection and have a 4k Netflix account,so that shouldn't be the problem. Also in EDGE browser I get the 1080p resolution.

Any idea what is going wrong?
Thank you.
Please upload a log file and that will help the developers see what your issue is.

I went fishing when this was brought up in another thread so here's my part. I wonder if flix detect the Edg/... part of the UserAgent, I'm only getting 540p in AS.

Attachments

• edg.jpg
    edg.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 28
  • AnyStream_1.1.0.2.nohd.astlog
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Then I, most likely, would get a different protection scheme

Same issue, all netflix video sizes are only listed at 540p.

An example attached is Despicable Me 2.

I am using version 1.1.0.2_64bit

EDIT: Even downgrading to an older AnyStream, 1.0.9.3_64bit version still only displays up to 540p.

Attachments

• Netflix-Despicable Me 2.astlog
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thank you for your reports. The problem seems to be on Netflix' side, but we are looking into our options.

Thank you for your reports. The problem seems to be on Netflix' side, but we are looking into our options.

I've done a quick google, and it appears that this is not the first time Netflix, has dropped the quality rate to 540p for Firefox/Chromium based browsers and applications that identify as such via the UserAgent, whereas the MS Edge UserAgent works as intended, due to the Netflix App in the Windows Store, and the WebApp being built to use the Edge browser as a wrapper.

What is the possibility of recompiling/building the QTWebEngine agent to identify as Edge? Yes, I understand that the lastest iteration of Edge is based upon Chromium.

For example, the version of Edge on my machine identifies as: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/89.0.4389.114 Safari/537.36 Edg/89.0.774.68

Edge can use playreday DRM on windows 10. I think that is why edge have 1080P even 4K on Netflix.

I think the problem is that flix on edge uses a different protection method

But the weird thing is that not all shows or movies are listed as max 540p, some offer also 1080p.

That’s not weird at all, some videos offer 1080 P and others our only picked up at 540P

That’s not weird at all, some videos offer 1080 P and others our only picked up at 540P
Ohh ok, sorry I don’t have the technical knowledge for that. But when I start the same movie in Edge browser it is 1080p.

Redfox doesn't do ETA's. It'll be released when it's ready.

Back