• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Netflix is taking ages to download on unlimited speed.

Sometimes if you completely clear your browser cache, the issue can go away. I have experienced this, when you clear the cache in your browser issues can disappear.

Along with this, just going on general Windows things, you might try clearing out temp files. You can do this manually (they are in 2 spots) but if you download ccleaner it does it for you (it will also blow out browser caches which is what RF1 is suggesting).

Just another thing to try.

I tried all the steps you gave me i did i took my internet offline for a bit to do a real reset not like last night and its now some what better than before. I was able to get one show kind of quicker than before it took like 3mins 51 so thats not to bad. Now i decided to try to get a episode of a different show and it stalled then came up connected closed error getting some parts so the log im posting is a brand new log im not sure if it goes with my issue but this is my post so here is the brand new log if the mod wants me to create a thread this new issue im having also let me know and ill do that.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.3.3.astlog
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
to download a Netflix tv series and it will take so super long

I wanted to chime in again as a lengthy download just happened to me for the first time today. I've attached the log file for the DEV Team to review. I will note that I was using VPN (to Australia) for this instance.

Symptoms:
  • Time to complete: 2-hours (file was created at 2102 and completed at 2302)
    • Movie: Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994)
    • File Info: 1080 with ec-3 2.0 audio
    • File size: 4.3 GB
  • Network activity for AS would stall at 0 Mbps for extended periods of time. Speeds were around 30-50 when I noticed any values at all.
  • Subprocess Qt Qtwebengineprocess was not always present. I'm not sure if that's a problem or not; it's just something that I noticed. See reference images below.
Remarks:
I suspect the VPN/Australia may be part of the slow performance, but Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994) [1080/ec-3 2.0) was the only title I was interested in for now. I switched back to Canada for a couple of titles. Although they are slower than with no VPN, they completed within a good time frame.
  • Rocky 1 (1976) | 11 min. great speed | 5.8 GB file | Video 1080 w/ ec3 5.1 audio
  • US Marshals (1998) | 7 min. great speed | 3.45 GB file | Video 1080 w/ ec3 5.1 audio
  • Godfather 1 (1972) | 16 min. great speed | 7.61 GB file | Video 1080 w/ ec3 5.1 audio

Reference Images:

upload_2021-5-22_23-46-7.png upload_2021-5-22_23-47-37.png

Attachments

3.3 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Got one more, but I'm positive it's because of my vpn/India... (y) Good night! :sleep:

upload_2021-5-23_1-7-40.png

UPDATE:

So it looks like my vpn disconnected after I went to bed. Maybe due to my computer being locked and I'm using the Split Tunneling feature for AS only.

I decided to provide a log file just in case it comes in handy and perhaps reveals and secrets! ;)

Attachments

1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: DQ
Got one more, but I'm positive it's because of my vpn/India... (y) Good night! :sleep:

This goes to my point I mentioned earlier in this thread that AS seems to be "sensitive" to bad connections and or broken connections. That is not a complaint, this is just how the tool functions. It's just counterintuitive a bit because many would assume it was somewhat forgiving like streaming a title is. But that is not really what it's doing so it's a different deal altogether. It's not something to fix it's just something to understand.

This goes to my point I mentioned earlier in this thread that AS seems to be "sensitive" to bad connections and or broken connections. But that is not really what it's doing so it's a different deal altogether. It's not something to fix it's just something to understand.
You are absolutely correct! (y)

This is why I have always believed, even though some people have good experiences, that AS should not be used with a VPN. It causes issues with your internet connection. I do not know that for sure but I do know there are many people here that as soon as they turn on their VPN, issues start occurring. And yes, I know that the OP stated he was not using a VPN, in his first post.

This goes to my point I mentioned earlier in this thread that AS seems to be "sensitive" to bad connections and or broken connections. That is not a complaint, this is just how the tool functions. It's just counterintuitive a bit because many would assume it was somewhat forgiving like streaming a title is. But that is not really what it's doing so it's a different deal altogether. It's not something to fix it's just something to understand.
You are somewhat right - AnyStream is a bit less forgiving than it, perhaps, should be.

@zero269 Here the situation is interesting - it is the first time I have ever seen a 420 HTTP response, which is either a "Method Failure" (for Spring Framework) or "Enhance Your Calm" (basically meaning that you are running too fast).

@zero269 Here the situation is interesting - it is the first time I have ever seen a 420 HTTP response, which is either a "Method Failure" (for Spring Framework) or "Enhance Your Calm" (basically meaning that you are running too fast).

Hi Prospere,

I had to look into your description out of curiosity...

Considering I was connected to India, a rate limit may be normal for them considering the time of day. :confused: I've always seen slow performance with my India connections which is why I look their last when they are listed for a specific movie title... which has only been 4 titles to date:

upload_2021-5-24_10-24-41.png

I tried again in the morning (their bedtime) and was able to pull it down without issue; slow but not as slow. I guess when they sleep... I can run! :)

As for using AS+VPN... I think it works great once you identify the connections that give you a tolerable speed. I've got 473 titles (only 1 a TV series), so it works pretty good. I use the following site to help me locate titles not available in the US. It has a pretty high accuracy rate.
Code:
https://unogs.com

@Prospere any chance you looked at logs? The one that said a lot stuff don't download all the way through without a abort the restart so token is wasted twice on one show did Netflix change something or changing stuff? This log i just posted was some days ago i tried to get did not even download halfway through then closed connection on me some error on a part never completed it aborted on me.

Attachments

• Netflix-iCarly_S01E01_iPilot.astlog
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
Prospere any chance you looked at logs?
Of course, otherwise, why would I ask for them each time.
did Netflix change something or changing stuff?
No. At least, should any changes have been made, they are not visible to us.

While I understand how distressful the situation is for you, I have to mention that fixing a problem that I could never reproduce locally is similar to resolving a rebus while having a part of it hidden from sight. I am working on it. Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you, but as I mentioned somewhere in the forum some time ago (perhaps even more than once) - no post goes unseen, no problem goes untreated. Should it seem that I am not paying attention - that would be just an illusion. My preference is to treat an issue first and then spend time discussing it (unless I need more information, of course), and I trust you all would agree such a sequence is more appropriate.

Tokens are not that big a deal. After all, we do not sell them, the bucket refills automatically, and the system is designed to have the bucket refilled at an acceptable rate.

I do not want to sound rude or anything like that; I want to clarify - I am here to improve the product and solve the issues when they appear.

Back