• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Netflix - FUBAR bitrate

Flymo

Hi all

For those that have downloaded the TV series FUBAR from Netflix, what video bitrates are you getting and what region are you downloading from? For me, all 8 episodes range from 1.9-2.7Mbps with most sitting at ~2.2Mbps. The show has low video quality as a result which is very disappointing and no fault of AnyStream. Netflix must be skimping on bandwidth in Australia.

I am keen to try a VPN to somewhere else if it has better results.

I do believe there is an issue on the Netflix end in Australia. That said, I am still going to see if we can fix it, we can't fix your bitrates, whatever you get, that's what Netflix is offering.

with NF expect everything within a series, or even a single season. one episode is 3gb, next one is 900mb. sometimes NF really fecks things up and you end up with a 200kbps, yes 200kbps episode (those are extremely rare, though). i tried it in US, now SUI, i also tried UK... always the same: it's NF. and that's how it is, no fault of AS. if ole ball and chain didn't use NF for binging on our shiels, i would've cancelled NF a long time ago. and somehow i think NF knows this, generally speaking... ffs, they even managed to verb-alize (lol) their brand 'oh, wanna netflix and chill', which means they are so big they can afford to cut corners while acting all kosher. oh, well. there's always MAX. IMO the best streaming service thus far, bar none. followed by AP, simply because it has decent quality and consistency, although AP also pulls a NF here and there.

For those that have downloaded the TV series FUBAR from Netflix, what video bitrates are you getting and what region are you downloading from? For me, all 8 episodes range from 1.9-2.7Mbps with most sitting at ~2.2Mbps. The show has low video quality as a result which is very disappointing and no fault of AnyStream. Netflix must be skimping on bandwidth in Australia.
With Netflix you'll often get varying results depending on daytime. When Netflix servers are on a high load, they limit the bandwidth.

I've pretty much stopped grabbing from NF. Their quality always tends to lean more towards the low end and watching things I'm grabbed is more frustrating than enjoyable.

I've pretty much stopped grabbing from NF. Their quality always tends to lean more towards the low end and watching things I'm grabbed is more frustrating than enjoyable.
I understand what you are saying, but I have found that if I download during nonpeak hours I get a better bitrate. In my time zone I download at 2PM, when most people are working and kids are in school, and I find the bitrate is much better.

I shall test this server load bitrate theory over the next few weeks. I have just downloaded The Last Stand from Netflix US which is an action movie also starring Arnie and it has a woeful 1.43Mbps bitrate despite their timezone being 05:26 right now.

I shall test this server load bitrate theory over the next few weeks. I have just downloaded The Last Stand from Netflix US which is an action movie also starring Arnie and it has a woeful 1.43Mbps bitrate despite their timezone being 05:26 right now.
Thanks Flymo.

With Netflix you'll often get varying results depending on daytime. When Netflix servers are on a high load, they limit the bandwidth.
wow, didnt notice/know that. will try it out. i mean, it figures when you think about it. but then again, im not paying 14$ for 'HD when it suits us, subHD when it doesnt - ligmaballs, pleb' (although im pretty certain it says so somewhere in fineprint, lol). but, nice theory. it shall be scientifically tested, and results reported in peer reviewed magaz... you know... here.

wow, didnt notice/know that. will try it out. i mean, it figures when you think about it. but then again, im not paying 14$ for 'HD when it suits us, subHD when it doesnt - ligmaballs, pleb' (although im pretty certain it says so somewhere in fineprint, lol). but, nice theory. it shall be scientifically tested, and results reported in peer reviewed magaz... you know... here.
I agree. I am not disputing the others' claims but it would be very inappropriate for Netflix to charge for a service they deliver only when they feel like, especially at the premium prices they charge!

You can get a higher bit rate on NF. But then you need to download using the MAIN profile, which is not supported by AS.
Sometimes the HIGH profile has the best bit rate, but mostly MAIN is the highest. I'm sorry to bring it up, since it's been discussed
so many times already.

FUBAR Episode 1
NF_Main.jpg

You can get a higher bit rate on NF. But then you need to download using the MAIN profile, which is not supported by AS.
yeah, i know that. i also was curious about CBR over at AP, and now that it is available along with HEVC, i lately opt for CVBR that was, ironically, supported right from the start. sometimes i try all three and if the large filesize is not justified by good quality i then opet for either CBR or HEVC. customers, right? never satisfied, always kvetching hahahahaha. 'i want CBR, here you go, akschually i prefer CVBR, i want MAIN instead of HIGH, meh i prefer HIGH now' lol

I shall test this server load bitrate theory over the next few weeks.
It's actually not a theory, it was written in a paper from Netflix. Sold as a great service to the customer, because instead of playback stalling, the super smart technology will allow streaming to continue for everyone. Unfortunately, I don't remember where I found that document some time ago.

Back