• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Netflix bitrates

arrbee99

New to this program. Works great for Amazon and Disney, Netflix more variable. Am wondering are file sizes for this kind of thing typical or strange. It seems to happen quite often. They all seem to be 1920x1080. Total bitrates from 3069 to 6730kbps. I've tried logging out of NF in Anystream, closing, opening and logging back in. Sorry if this has been asked a million times before.

Anystream Outer Banks example.jpg

The bitrates on Netflix are not going to change, logging out and logging in with only bring back 1080p resolution when it gets reduced by Netflix. As for bitrates, it is what it is.

that is NF being NF, aka douche. that being said. filesize will vary due to the length of the episode as well. but, since its NF, thats is more often than not... not the case. it just is what it is. ive seen NF rips of seasons with almost perfect uniformity filesize VS what i was able to snatch via AS, but dunno why that is. maybe theres a difference between download and rip via 'linux distro scene', havent looked much into it. now if i grab sth from NF and i get filesizes within a season from 800mb and over 2gb i just source the season elsewhere since NF, did i mention that already, is the douchiest douche of all douche streaming providers and theyll slap 1400kbps bitrate for a 43min episode 2 and then slap a 4500kbps bitrate for episde 3 which, funny reeeeeeally funny, is 42min long. sure, content being encoded differs, but one can clearly see that episode 2 has too low of a bitrate and therefore you get blockiness, banding and other 'goodies'. all in all, it is what it is. try it, then decide. if series or a movie is available on other providers, go there and youll get, more often than not, much better results. if not, well... cough... to each his own. AS works great and theres nothing RF can do about NF... being... the... douchiest... douche... of all douchebag streaming providers. there. i said it. i hate NF. ok, starting to really, like really hate NF. ugh. feel better, thanks for asking. cheers!

New to this program. Works great for Amazon and Disney, Netflix more variable. Am wondering are file sizes for this kind of thing typical or strange. It seems to happen quite often. They all seem to be 1920x1080. Total bitrates from 3069 to 6730kbps. I've tried logging out of NF in Anystream, closing, opening and logging back in. Sorry if this has been asked a million times before.

Videos have different compression rate it depends of the content. Dark scenes and slow motion and you have a low bitrate, bright scene and lot of action or grainy scene and you will have a bigger file. So this episode is maybe more complex to encode and if they lower the bitrate it will be worse quality than other episodes, the encoder takes the bitrate it needs to reach the quality wanted even if the bitrate increases.

You can also get diffirent profiles, if you compare episode 8 and 7 you might have gotten one high and one main.

You can also get diffirent profiles, if you compare episode 8 and 7 you might have gotten one high and one main.
Not anymore, it was a bug that since it was fixed if I am correct, now it's only high profile on NF.

As I said, there is nothing anyone can do about Netflix bitrates. It is, what it is. ;)

Back