• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Netflix (Audio Descriptions)

Oh wow, didn't expect that to work..... Logic told me that I won't get any sound when not selecting anything, but now I actually get the English sound track.

Thanks Red 1 - appreciate your suggestion
Anytime, thats why I am here. Your issue is solved correctly? I will bet the others that are having an issue are also missing something. The devs are having issues reproducing these issues. LOL

Anytime, thats why I am here. Your issue is solved correctly? I will bet the others that are having an issue are also missing something. The devs are having issues reproducing these issues. LOL

Yes, it's working now - Just one question....why does the Subtitle selection affect the Audio Language ?

No, the subtitle box should not affect the sound at all. But it may trigger something in a software player, not 100% positive, but subtitles are just words on the bottom of the film.

No, the subtitle box should not affect the sound at all. But it may trigger something in a software player, not 100% positive, but subtitles are just words on the bottom of the film.

Yes, that's what I thought, but interestingly it seems that selecting subtitles DOES affect the audio track.
Out of curiosity I just downloaded Love Death & Robots S2E2 again with a random subtitle track selected (German) and I again get the descriptive Audio.

Just guessing here - since there is no audio option for "descriptive audio" it seems when selecting a subtitle for certain movies/shows it must trigger the download of a stream where the descriptive audio is already embedded.

upload_2021-6-28_19-42-1.png

Thanks again for your help Red 1 - I have to pay attention to this, but I can live with the work around of no subs

Yes, that's what I thought, but interestingly it seems that selecting subtitles DOES affect the audio track.
Out of curiosity I just downloaded Love Death & Robots S2E2 again with a random subtitle track selected (German) and I again get the descriptive Audio.

Just guessing here - since there is no audio option for "descriptive audio" it seems when selecting a subtitle for certain movies/shows it must trigger the download of a stream where the descriptive audio is already embedded. You should never have to check anything in the subtitle field for audio.

View attachment 58402

Thanks again for your help Red 1 - I have to pay attention to this, but I can live with this workaround of no subs
I am always here for you, dont hesitate to PM me if you have an issue, but I have to answer on the forum, or else I would have 20 people PMing me . I am always around, at my age its a blessing to help people. You should never have anything checked in the subtitle section for audio. Only if you want subtitles.

I have found the problem hit-n-miss with some series. Half of season 1 of Chronicles of Frankenstein downloaded with descriptive audio and half with normal. At no time did I have any subtitle box checked for any of the episodes. I burned through 10-12 tokens trying to download different bit rates / formats for the episodes that had descriptive audio and eventually got normal audio for each of them (10-12 tokens to get 3 episodes :(). I posted about this last week (with a log file) and it sounded like a confirmed known issue that is already fixed in a yet-to-be-released build. I suspect it was a happy coincidence that unchecking the subtitle box worked for Pegasus.

I have found the problem hit-n-miss with some series. Half of season 1 of Chronicles of Frankenstein downloaded with descriptive audio and half with normal. At no time did I have any subtitle box checked for any of the episodes. I burned through 10-12 tokens trying to download different bit rates / formats for the episodes that had descriptive audio and eventually got normal audio for each of them (10-12 tokens to get 3 episodes :(). I posted about this last week (with a log file) and it sounded like a confirmed known issue that is already fixed in a yet-to-be-released build. I suspect it was a happy coincidence that unchecking the subtitle box worked for Pegasus.
You should actually start your own thread, but just for now leave a logfile here please. It was no coincidence:giggle:

RedFox 1, I too have experienced the same issue using NF. I noticed this started happening about a week or so ago. But when you select the stereo option it plays fine without the descriptive issue. But when select the 5.1 options you get the descriptive voice. Just sharing what I have experienced.

RedFox 1, I too have experienced the same issue using NF. I noticed this started happening about a week or so ago. But when you select the stereo option it plays fine without the descriptive issue. But when select the 5.1 options you get the descriptive voice. Just sharing what I have experienced.
Do not check the subtitle box unless you want sub titles, if you have it checked, open and close the program after unchecking the subtitle box. It will work, if its the same issue. I hope you left a logfile.

Here Is what I selected and did not select subtitles.

Attachments

• audio selection.jpg
    audio selection.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 9
  • AnyStream_1.1.5.1.astlog
    497.4 KB · Views: 0
Here Is what I selected and did not select subtitles.
Thank you, this helps a lot, and please have faith, a new version is coming soon, these logfiles show your problem, so they are important. The Devs are working day and night to give you all the best software for your generous purchase of the software, Thank you.

Why did you put a check box in American English Discriptive? I have absolutely no issues in Netflix with any of those titles. Ozark is my fav show and the others I tested are fine. You should all leave logfiles.

I added a log file. I'm having the issue described despite your love for the show. I don't know what to say. There are no other options to influence the audio provided.

Thank you, this helps a lot, and please have faith, a new version is coming soon, these logfiles show your problem, so they are important. The Devs are working day and night to give you all the best software for your generous purchase of the software, Thank you.

So you are acknowledging that this is an issue? Because I can't download any Netflix shows without getting descriptive audio. It's basically rendered the Netflix tab completely unusable...

So you are acknowledging that this is an issue? Because I can't download any Netflix shows without getting descriptive audio. It's basically rendered the Netflix tab completely unusable...
I am not acknowledging that at all, I use Netflix every day and I don’t have one bit of an issue, I think user error plays a big part here. I am sorry that you are having issues But the majority of people are using Netflix just fine. Have you left a log file so the developers can see what your issue is, if you haven’t please do.

I am not acknowledging that at all, I use Netflix every day and I don’t have one bit of an issue, I think user error plays a big part here. I am sorry that you are having issues But the majority of people are using Netflix just fine. Have you left a log file so the developers can see what your issue is, if you haven’t please do.

Then you're not understanding what we're saying.

The AUDIO is describing what is happening on the screen, even if just American English is selected. Your responses indicate that you think we're talking about subtitles. We're not. We're talking about audio. When American English is selected in the audio box, we're getting descriptive audio, not normal audio. This isn't an issue with the player, it's a problem with Anystream downloading the wrong audio track.

I've attached the log file. I attempted to download it with and without any subtitle selected and it had no effect. The descriptive audio is still being downloaded in place of the normal audio. This only appears to effect some Netflix titles. For example, Season 1 of Love, Death, + Robots doesn't do this. Season 2 does. Altered Carbon Season 1 does it.

This has rendered Netflix unusable for the shows that are affected by this bug. I was hoping that the fix for this would have been pushed out already as it had already been stated in a prior thread that the fix for this would be in the next version but it has been over a week now.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.2.astlog
    942.4 KB · Views: 2
Thank you for the log file, I have no issues and many others don’t either but if you have an issue and the developers see what it is I am sure they will fix it. Very sorry to hear you are having issues
I understand exactly what you’re saying, and most times that is caused by not having the correct audio settings in your software player , but it may be is that your problem is different I am not in front of your computer so I cannot see what is going on, so please have some patience and I am sure it will get resolved . I cannot personally reproduce your problem, maybe the developers can with the help of your log file. Have a blessed day,

Thank you for the log file, I have no issues and many others don’t either but if you have an issue and the developers see what it is I am sure they will fix it. Very sorry to hear you are having issues
I understand exactly what you’re saying, and most times that is caused by not having the correct audio settings in your software player , but it may be is that your problem is different I am not in front of your computer so I cannot see what is going on, so please have some patience and I am sure it will get resolved . I cannot personally reproduce your problem, maybe the developers can with the help of your log file. Have a blessed day,

This is not caused by an issue with VLC. You saying that is just an attempt to pass the problem off to someone else. There is only one audio track. Your software doesn't allow us to download multiple audio tracks at once. VLC is not magically analyzing the video stream and voicing what is happening on it. This is and can only be a problem with Anystream downloading the wrong audio stream.

Back