• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Netflix and Password sharing/device count crackdown with AS

DQ

I am thinking out loud here and speaking my own mind only. But I am starting to wonder ,given how Netflix has changed their policies, if it might make sense to have an AS only account. Meaning you keep a NF account for your TVs and one for AS.

Just a thought.

I am thinking out loud here and speaking my own mind only. But I am starting to wonder ,given how Netflix has changed their policies, if it might make sense to have an AS only account. Meaning you keep a NF account for your TVs and one for AS.

Just a thought.
I can see the logic, but having to pay for two NF accounts is not very appealing.

if you are accessing netflix from the same IP (AS & household tv's etc) then no. Personally I'm not fussed, if they ban me then less money for them

It's not about banning and I am sure paying for 2 accounts is not appealing. But what you are paying for is the privilege to pull titles with AS.

I have no idea what they do under the hood for sure but I suspect they are now counting devices. So before you could have 2 or 4 concurrent streams running. I am starting to think they are now remembering your devices and that 2 or 4 concurrent streams has now turned into 2 or 4 known devices. So if you have 4 viewing devices and you use AS that's device 5. And then all it sees is low res options.

As time goes on (in my personal opinion) it's going to be buy a NF account just for AS or you will have to keep bumping out your TVs when you violate the count.

This is all just musings by me I have no inside knowledge. I just see all the forum posts about sub HD Netflix.

So far I have only used my NF account for AS. Still gotta do the log out-in song and dance on occasion.
I think it kicks in after a predetermined time logged in with any device.

So far I have only used my NF account for AS. Still gotta do the log out-in song and dance on occasion.
I think it kicks in after a predetermined time logged in with any device.

It's possible every occurrence/use of AS counts as a device. I do not know this for sure but it's a possibility.

I will receive a new device signed in notification email if i log out of AS and back in otherwise no message.

netf-jpg.70686

Notice: The messaging of password sharing.

Attachments

• netf.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 99
Yes, that is normal. Log out of all devices and log in again.

It's possible every occurrence/use of AS counts as a device. I do not know this for sure but it's a possibility.
Only issue with that is that even if I don't use NetFlix for a few days I still have to do the dance when I go to use it.
Either way
Log out
Close AS
Start AS

Takes 30 seconds and I am back in business.

This really isn't an AS issue so it can be discussed to death and NetFlix will still hold all the cards.

Yes it affects AS, but unlike DRM I don't think the developers can do much about a NetFlix policy.

Yes it affects AS, but unlike DRM I don't think the developers can do much about a NetFlix policy.

Probably not but I would never count Redfox out :)

no, im not giving more money for 1200kbps episodes in a 3600kbps season. lol. ill do the dance... and maybe even cancel NF for good.

Just a thought.
I have what I think NF calls a Standard account(?) which allows for TWO streaming devices. Also, 1080p, which is good enough for us.

To avoid having to sign out NF all the time because AS is my THIRD device, I have just removed the NF app from the one of my lesser used Rokus. That gives me the two-total devices that my NF account allows and I haven't had to fool around to get the higher resolution download options in AS anymore.

I have what I think NF calls a Standard account(?) which allows for TWO streaming devices. Also, 1080p, which is good enough for us.

To avoid having to sign out NF all the time because AS is my THIRD device, I have just removed the NF app from the one of my lesser used Rokus. That gives me the two-total devices that my NF account allows and I haven't had to fool around to get the higher resolution download options in AS anymore.

That more or less confirms my suspicions. They did not enforce the password thing but started to hard enforce a device limit which does almost the same thing. That device limit used to be for concurrent devices but now it looks like they remember your devices for some period of time instead and when you go over they limit the device that is violating the limit.

I have 6 different devices that can and do access my NF account, the Standard (Full 1080 HD) plan that allows 2 devices to concurrently stream from NF.

There are two lesser plans available, at least for my area, that allow only one device at a time, Basic (720 HD) and Basic With Ads). Who the frack would pay for streaming content with flippin' advertising?

The single upper-tier plan, Premium, allows up to 4 simultaneous devices to access 4K and HDR content.

Since "my household" is just me and one ornery cat I have no need for streaming on two different devices, I don't own AnyStream, so 4 devices at a time is a waste of money. Along with 4K and HDR content, none of my TVs can access that. Only 1080 HD.

I keep my standard plan going simply for the 1080 HD content.

I have 3 televisions that have free Netflix built in, plus my son and soon to be grandson in law set up on Roku for me. So 4 . Plus AS, 5. NowNF is sending me links to tell me what is coming up. Plus, guess what, they want me to watch it on my tablet. I don't have any other rooms except bathrooms to watch it in that I need my tablet. Geeez.

i mean no question
what you're doing with as is not intended by any stream provider.

so when you use your main account, probably linked with payment details clearly visible for them, its kind concerning imo.

there are trusted sites who are offering account sharing for lower than 5€/$ per month for uhd sub which is the way i use and account for netflix f.e.
i mean you only need 1 profile to download everything you want with the provider of your choice.

Back