• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Nero Recode hanging problems with AnyDVD rip (Saw IV, Pirates of the Carribean)

I believe James would say that this is a Recode bug, which is probably a reasonable response, considering that DVDShrink handles the rip from Anydvd ripper perfectly fine.

DVDshrink requires a fairly strict adherence to the dvd-video standard. So if DVDShrink can handle something, then everything else should as well.

Similarly, DVDShrink has no issues with Pirates of the Carribean (the first movie) R1--but Nero Recode does with respect to making a full disc backup.

I agree too that it is has to be a Recode bug. That's why I also tried a Fab rip. (just to rule out an Anydvd issue). I also recently tried POC 1 (I didn't try it with the latest Anydvd; it was a month or two ago. But again, the issue doesn't lie with Anydvd). The results were the same.

Shrink is great, but it amazes me that such an outdated program can import files flawlessly while a current program cannot.

Unfortunately, I doubt that such an issue would be a high priority on Nero's end.

Unfortunately, I doubt that such an issue would be a high priority on Nero's end.

In my experience when reporting bugs to Nero, the support staff would rather argue with me that the problem is on my end.

It has to be a Nero Recode bug as it seems that nero 7's Recode works

It's a bug, but Nero Recode from version 7 doesn't work either. Recode 2.5.4.0 didn't work properly for a full disc backup of Pirates of the Carribean (first movie) R1. And poolshark has confirmed Recode from 7 and 8 don't work with Saw IV.

yeah Nero tends to blame the customer.I sent them an e-mail more than a month ago and have yet to receive a response.My e-mail had to do with Nero Digital encoding on the PSP.

hey Web I say we revolt against Nero. hehehe

In all honesty, I rarely use Recode (I mostly use it to test stuff). I mostly use Clonecd with Verbatim +R DLs (made in Singapore).

But it does annoy me that a product I paid for doesn't work properly. :(

Last edited:
yep, same for both. it would analyze the video, pause for a sec then lockup.

3:10 to Yuma and Good Luck Chuck also suffer from this problem with Nero Recode 3.0.3.0. Yes, it's a great annoyance, IMHO.

Back