• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Nero DiscSpeed - works well?

cletusvegas

If I clone a DVD and someone tells me it skips or something...will this utility work well when used to scan the disk? I have the latest version of it because it comes with Nero 8 Suite.

If I clone a DVD and someone tells me it skips or something...will this utility work well when used to scan the disk? I have the latest version of it because it comes with Nero 8 Suite.

Scanning your disc will help to tell you if there's an issue between that disc and that drive you're testing on, conclusively. Some drives are better readers than others and can handle damaged and/or bad burns better than others can. All things being equal, a scan from a decent reader/drive will tell you whether there's a general issue with the disc you burned, but of course, not all drives are equal.

Similarly, some standalone players are more compatible with a larger variety of blank media than others.

I recommend clicking http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091 and reading the answers to questions 9 and 12 fully.

Last edited:

Use quality +R media booktyped to DVD-ROM....burn at 1/2 the rated media speed. That will, in all likelihood, resolve the skipping.

Back