• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Nero 8.2.8.0

Rusty257

Anyone have Nero 8 to see how the burning HD DVD to a DVDR works?!?!?

The popular multimedia suite Nero Burning ROM has been updated to v8.2.8.0. Nero firms its grip as one of the most successful CDR/DVDR burning application as the new version boasts a variety of improvements and new features, including BDMV Authoring and playback, improved file encoding speed, and support for Mini HD DVD discs.

Among other improvements the updated Nero 8 is able to play Mini HD DVD (3X DVD) discs and create them by burning HD DVD-Video onto DVD-R/RW media.

Anyone have Nero 8 to see how the burning HD DVD to a DVDR works?!?!?

The popular multimedia suite Nero Burning ROM has been updated to v8.2.8.0. Nero firms its grip as one of the most successful CDR/DVDR burning application as the new version boasts a variety of improvements and new features, including BDMV Authoring and playback, improved file encoding speed, and support for Mini HD DVD discs.

Among other improvements the updated Nero 8 is able to play Mini HD DVD (3X DVD) discs and create them by burning HD DVD-Video onto DVD-R/RW media.

I just got it, but don't have time to test it atm. There is a trial version, so you could try it yourself if you want.

Plan on it later tonight. Just curious if anyone else has had any luck yet.

I haven't tested it yet on my HTPC, but, I'm not overly hopeful that anything will have changed in this version for me. I.E. Showtime crashing every time I try to play an HD movie. GREAT product.

Thats playing though, i dont use it much for playing movies. I am more hoping that burning onto a DVDR will be an alternative until a good hd burner comes out, and will play in the 360 drive.

Yeah I have to check out Nero 8 Ultra Edition as well. I bought a license not too long ago due to a rebate promotion that basically made it free,…as an upgrade from version 7. I received version 7 as part of a prize package and bought the HD DVD / BD plug-in.

It was a little sketchy but it worked well enough,…..

That Mini HD DVD (3X DVD) discs feature sounds interesting,….. ;)

Yea, I'm going to play with that part, as well. What I want to know is if I can take shows I've recorded such as Heroes in HD and build me one of those mini HD DVD's from it. :)

I am trying to hack the Nero Showtime 4.2 region code. My tool points me to a file called NEDTA.DAT where nero writes something when changing the BD region code. I cannot find that file anywhere on my HDD. I would like you to check if you can find it somewhere.

Nero 8

Hi all, I'm useing nero 8, for all my back ups. it kick AAAAAS...... go for it! And all so if you useing 25GB Blu-ray! It not true 25GB, But 23 GB, Check nero 8 tool for infro,:)

I thought AACS was mandatory for BDMV content. ;) Unless Nero supports adding AACS (highly doubt that), how can they expect consumers to add AACS to their BDMV content? Does that mean that Blu Ray players will refuse to playback your own discs, just because they don't have AACS? Great format Sony! :clap:

AACS is mandatory for BD-Rom not BD-R or BD-RE which is why you can rip a full disc using AnyDVD HD then write it back to disc and play it in a settop player. If it was mandatory fo the BDMV format then Encore CS3 and DVDitPro HD would be a waste of time as they both create Blu-ray discs in the BDMV format

samwise did you get a chance to try burning your heroes? had xmas party last night so didnt get a chance to try it.

No, I won't get to it until next week. I'm on vacation after today so I'll have some more time.

sounds familiar. have a good xmas or whatever ya'll celebrate

So, here's my issue...Showtime plays Blu-ray rips(more or less) but completely crashes (as in 'this program has stopped responding...die die die') if I try to play HD DVD's with it. WTF? Anyone got any bright ideas on this one? I've paid for and installed the BD/HD DVD plug in and as I said it seems to more or less work for Blu-ray.

I did have some issues a while back and ultimatly had to reimage my machine. I was messing around with things like fddshow, klite codec packs and a bunch of other things to get movies to play without having to purchase anything. Never worked that good so i gave in and bought the plug-in which worked rarely. But having installed, uninstalled, tweaked, removed, all those codecs my machine started acting strange. It was about a year so time for my yearly reload anyway. After that i havent had an issue playing any of the HD DVDs with showtime.

Lovely. Except for the fact that I keep my HTPC clean of all crap like codecs and stuff that aren't necessary for what I watch. The only codec that's loaded on it is DivX. Oh well. I'm going to use the scripts James gave me to switch between the latest PowerDVD for movies that require it and PowerDVD 3104 for BD+ protected Blu-rays. Works for me. (No, seriously, it works...I just tested it with The Simpsons Movie. :D)

Unless its your vista un-ultimate? maybe a bug or something. i upgarded to xp after vista just didnt do anything for me but cause problems.

Anything's possible. I'm not messing with XP on that thing just yet. It'd require some creative driver slipstreaming to make it work and I'm not in the mood for that. Vista does pretty well on that machine and PowerDVD, at the moment, is seeming to behave itself. I even have the PowerDVD remote, as well. (Of course, it's so new that only the latest version supports it properly, but, whatever) So, I'll stick to that and keep checking Showtime when new versions are released. Maybe they'll eventually get it right.

sounds like a plan sam.

Maybe i will give vista another chance some time here. its vista busniess so maybe thats why. although i could get ultimate and give that a shot since anyone can get that free. only catch is you have to agree to let M$ spy on you more than they already do.

Back