Nero 8.1.1.0b released

Discussion in 'Third Party Products' started by DrinkLyeAndDie, Oct 12, 2007.

1. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

An update was released for Nero 8. I haven't run across any release notes for it.

Webslinger might be please to also note that if you go here you will find that you can download the full CHM help files individually or they now offer an all-in-one SFX installer for them (here).

2. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. :D

3. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

That was the first thing I noticed, actually. Thank you. :agree:

4. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

See? They do listen. :) That was very likely due to the email to the president. :)

5. Webslinger

You're joking, right?

6. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

Not necessarily. :) He did say he was going to pass it on to his people as a suggestion. Maybe they took it seriously. At the time they had NO plans to do that.

7. Webslinger

Oh? Thank you.

8. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

You thought I was kidding when i said I emailed the president of Nero for you? :disagree: I was most serious. :)

9. Webslinger

Thank you very much! :agree:

10. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

Not a problem. They take customer service seriously. When he gets an email directly from a customer, he makes sure it's handled. He's a great guy. I really do believe he passed your suggestion on to his team and they put together this single file download. Now if only they could get MY issue(s) resolved. :( I haven't had time to test this version, but, they haven't responded to tell me it's fixed, so, I'm guessing it's probably not.

11. d.chatten

d.chatten Well-Known Member

Is anyone else getting the error in the screenshot below when uninstalling Nero 8 on a Vista 32bit machine?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  12. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

Yup. No clue what that's all about. I just ignored it.

13. d.chatten

Same here, haven't got a clue what it's all about, i guess it's just another blunder by the Nero team.

14. Webslinger

That error seems to appear on updates, but not fresh installs.

15. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

No surprises there. :) With more bloat comes more problems. I was a big fan of the 6.x Nero versions, but, unfortunately they don't support Vista so I was forced to upgrade. Nero 8 has serious potential, but, as usual, I think it's going to be a few versions before the bugs are worked out. The BSOD bug I have open with them REALLY sucks. I can't use Nero Media Home as it BSODs my machine. :(

16. d.chatten

It would be nice if the Nero Clean Tool worked as expected, but, it doesn't, it leaves loads of stuff on your machine, if it did work as expected then we probably would't be seeing this error.

17. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

OLE errors are most commonly associated with errors installing .NET Framework 2.0. Running a good Registry cleaner might help but if it is not causing any problems I wouldn't worry about it.

18. Webslinger

While that may be true, .net Framework 2.0. and 3.0 are installed with the latest updates on my laptop, and that error message popped up during the Nero update.

19. d.chatten

The thing is, i have never seen this error with Nero 7, what i did was uninstall Nero 8.0.1.0 (this is when i got the error), then i used the Nero Clean Tool and installed Nero 8.1.1.0b, just for testing i then uninstalled Nero 8.1.1.0b and i got the very same error.

20. Webslinger

That is weird. I thought the error message was with respect to updates only.