• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Nero 8.1.1.0

Octavean

Anyone have the new version 8 release and if so how well does it work with respect to HD DVD / BD playback?

Some Highlights:

• Nero Mobile: Media Center for you Mobile Devices
• Nero Sipps: Free VoIP Telephony
Blu-ray and HD DVD capability
• Full MP3 and mp3PRO support
• Complete media center solution
• Improved video authoring features

I have yet to try the trial but if the trial has HD DVD / BD playback support it would be the first such release that I know of (in a free trial). Currently I have an Xbox HD DVD drive which works with Nero 7 + HD DVD / BD Plug-in.

AFAIK you still need to purchase the plugin. I refuse to do so. As it is I've already opened my first critical bug against Nero 8 for Nero Home.

Thanks,...

Interesting,,…..

I wonder if the Nero 7 plug-in will work with the new version 8. The way I understand it Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra is fairly flaky too so it would seem to be a rock and hard place type of situation with no real solid software to be found. Again I hear that WinDVD HD is buggy too,…

You would think as time progress that a stable solution would emerge,….

The way I understand it Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra is fairly flaky too so it would seem to be a rock and hard place type of situation with no real solid software to be found. Again I hear that WinDVD HD is buggy too,…
PowerDVD does have its share of problems, but compared to Nero Showtime it is "rock solid". :)
I won't even talk about WinDVD, I never got it to work at all.

The Blu-ray plugin from 7 does work with 8 as it's only a serial number to activate it. I tried Windvd on a friends SOny Vaio that came with a Blu-ray writer, it played originals ok, but has problems with copies. And any stuff you make yourself you have to be careful with too. I made a movie out of DVDit Pro HD and Encore CS3, and Windvd wouldn't even recognise the DVDit Pro HD disc, even though it played fine on anyhting else I tried it on

I have the HD DVD/Blu Ray plugin and I find that Showtime plays anything that has been ripped to the hard drive-I never even try the actual disc anymore-probems with both Powerdvd and Showtime.

I tried Roving mars from disc and from hard drive and it played back really badly in showtime, no options to skip the trailers etc, sometimes the buttons don't show up in the menu, and if I tried to have it playing in the background whilst browsing the net I'd loose overlay and it's never come back so I had to shut it down, and then go thru the whole set of trailers again

Back