• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Need to rip DVDs to HD then stream to xbox

mfuribondo

I am building a new media center pc which will be running xp pro. i have an xbox 360 networked with that pc. i want to store all of my dvds, regular and blu ray, on that computer and stream them to my xbox for viewing. in order for my xbox to play the files, they need to be in a format supported by windows media player.

what types of files does anydvd produce? Can i set anydvd to rip dvds at a certain quality level such as 1080i or 1080p?

any thoughts or suggestions you have will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike

Two problems:

1) The high bit rate required
2) Xbox doesn't play evo files, which is what Anydvd will produce for HD DVD rips.

You would need to put the movie into a container that the xbox accepts and then compress it so the bit rate isn't so high. What this boils down to is a reduction inquality.

Back