Need to disable anyDVD and image drive for securerom games to work

Discussion in 'GameJackal' started by model359, Apr 25, 2007.

1. model359

model359 Member

I upgraded my GJ a while back but to version 2.8.17.500 and have not used it in a while to play games. I fired up KOTOR and it would not start. complained about securom complained about emulation software. I disabled both anydvd and clonecd and everything worked.

I did not have to do that with my older version of GJ, just with the latest version.

Has anyone else seen these issues?

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

You just need to disable Clonecdtray (or cycle "hide cd-r media" on and off). I've had no issues with Kotor, Kotor2, F.E.A.R., NW2, F.E.A.R. Extraction point, nor any other Securerom protected game that I own.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  3. model359

model359 Member

I just tried that and still no go.

I still need to have anydvd disable and virtual clone drive set to disable.

No big deal to do that... just found that I had to do it with this version of GJ and not the later version.

4. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Virtual clone drive is a given. All virtual drives need to be disabled or "hidden". But I have no issues with Anydvd and GJ.

And I never have clonecdtray running; it's completely useless, imo. However, cycling "hide cd-r media" on, off, and on again use to work for me. And that wasn't an issue with GJ; it was an issue with Securerom.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  5. BenGurion

BenGurion Well-Known Member

so i use YASU and have CCD + Alc120 + DaemonTools on my pc !!!
    http://yasu.copybase.ch/

just cloak your devices and have fun with your games ;)

6. Danger

Danger Well-Known Member

Y.A.S.U. is the way to go :)

I use it and Virtual CD v9 and everything works like a charm with SecuROM.

As well I never have AnyDVD running unless I am using it to copy a DVD, as for CloneCD... I haven't found much use for it.

7. sickley

sickley Active Member

with new securom yasu didnt work for me. I also tried yasu while i had closed out deamon, ccd tray, virtual image drive, alcohol, and nero emulations. the new versions of Securom blacklist GJ somehow; check out a fan made plugin
    http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3178&page=2 (need to scroll down a bit to find the links)
    supposedly it works with the new 7.31/7.32 (some games need a little fussing around to get it to work though)