Need suggestion on what format to use

Discussion in 'CloneDVD mobile' started by manuelgo, Mar 4, 2007.

1. manuelgo

manuelgo Member

Hi I just got myself a Insignia MP3 Video Player and it will play WMV and MPEG-4 and try to encode a movie but when trying to play it, it says it doesn't support that format, So I am using a program, other then CloneDVD mobile to convert to a suitable format with the following settings:

Ouput container : .AVI
    Output Video Codec : MPEG-4
    Output Audio Codec : MP3
    and rendered video optimizer : XVID

With video scaler size of 320 x240
    Aspect 4:3
    Frames : 25
    BitRate 1050 Kbps

I was wondering if CloneDVD mobile has a way to set this settings. Or if there is one already with these setting, which is the one so I can use only CloneDVD and not another program.

Thanks guys !

2. manuelgo

manuelgo Member

Anything ?

Nothing anyone??

3. dtsig

dtsig Well-Known Member

Slysoft has said they are working on WMV .. mpg-4 should work just fine

4. jcrick

jcrick Member

But MPEG4 doesn't appear to work for me.... see my entry as of today.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  5. Scarpad

Scarpad Well-Known Member

The player probably wants it with the MP4 extension, try the Microsoft Zune Profile that should work.

6. jcrick

jcrick Member

Have already tried other profiles

I have already tried the Zune profile. the Insignia DV4G player expects the file type to be AVI. Per the specifications, the player can read MP4 and WMV, but I believe it expects it to be wrapped in an AVI format.

I have also modified the Zune profile to output the the file in .AVI (tag FileType=AVI) as well as .MP4 (tag FileType=MP4).

7. Scarpad

Scarpad Well-Known Member

I Would think the straight Generic Divx preset would work. What are the limitations of the player, do you have the manual?

8. jcrick

jcrick Member

The following are the specifications in the user manual:

Display: 262,000 colors, 320x240 QVGA
    Supported Audio Formats: MP3, WMA, Secure WMA, Audible, OGG (tracks will only be recognized in File and Folder (MSC) mode)
    Supported Video Formats: MPEG-4, WMV

However, the default specifications used by the included Video converter (Media Converter2, by ArcSoft) are shown as (does not look like they use an encoder for WMV):

For an .AVI file:
    (video)ArcSoft MPEG4 Encoder, 320x240, 512, 29.97 fps.
    (Audio)ArcSoft MP3 Encoder, 128 kbps, 44100 Hz

It looks like the Media Converter 2 software uses an AVI wrapper. I have also tried MPeg4 files on the player, but the error message says they are not supported and don't play.

9. jcrick

jcrick Member