• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Need suggestion on what format to use

manuelgo

Hi I just got myself a Insignia MP3 Video Player and it will play WMV and MPEG-4 and try to encode a movie but when trying to play it, it says it doesn't support that format, So I am using a program, other then CloneDVD mobile to convert to a suitable format with the following settings:

Ouput container : .AVI
Output Video Codec : MPEG-4
Output Audio Codec : MP3
and rendered video optimizer : XVID

With video scaler size of 320 x240
Aspect 4:3
Frames : 25
BitRate 1050 Kbps

I was wondering if CloneDVD mobile has a way to set this settings. Or if there is one already with these setting, which is the one so I can use only CloneDVD and not another program.

Thanks guys !

Slysoft has said they are working on WMV .. mpg-4 should work just fine

The player probably wants it with the MP4 extension, try the Microsoft Zune Profile that should work.

Have already tried other profiles

I have already tried the Zune profile. the Insignia DV4G player expects the file type to be AVI. Per the specifications, the player can read MP4 and WMV, but I believe it expects it to be wrapped in an AVI format.

I have also modified the Zune profile to output the the file in .AVI (tag FileType=AVI) as well as .MP4 (tag FileType=MP4).

I Would think the straight Generic Divx preset would work. What are the limitations of the player, do you have the manual?

The following are the specifications in the user manual:

Display: 262,000 colors, 320x240 QVGA
Supported Audio Formats: MP3, WMA, Secure WMA, Audible, OGG (tracks will only be recognized in File and Folder (MSC) mode)
Supported Video Formats: MPEG-4, WMV

However, the default specifications used by the included Video converter (Media Converter2, by ArcSoft) are shown as (does not look like they use an encoder for WMV):

For an .AVI file:
(video)ArcSoft MPEG4 Encoder, 320x240, 512, 29.97 fps.
(Audio)ArcSoft MP3 Encoder, 128 kbps, 44100 Hz

It looks like the Media Converter 2 software uses an AVI wrapper. I have also tried MPeg4 files on the player, but the error message says they are not supported and don't play.

Back