• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Need Some Help!!!!!!

Oh, you're using Vista.

Operating System: Windows Vista (32-bit) Service Pack 2

CDROM Class UpperFilters:
GEARAspiWDM (System32\Drivers\GEARAspiWDM.sys), Version 2.0.6.1 (2.0.6.1)
Company: GEAR Software Inc., Product: GEAR.wrks

CDROM Class LowerFilters:
ElbyDelay (System32\Drivers\ElbyDelay.sys), Version 5.1.0.1 (5.1.0.1)
Company: Elaborate Bytes AG, Product: CDRTools

AnyDVD (System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys), Version 6.1.8.4 (6.1.8.4)
Company: SlySoft, Inc., Product: AnyDVD

PxHelp20 (System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys), Version 3.0.40.0 (2.0.0.0)
Company: Sonic Solutions, Product: PxHelp20

E:\ -> \Device\CdRom0
\DosDevices\E:\ -> IDE\CdRomTSSTcorp_DVD+-RW_TS-L632D_______________DE04____\5&14f32b41&0&0.0.0
Device UpperFilters:
None!

Device LowerFilters:
None

Anyway, your filters look fine. So that eliminates step 4.

The issue, then, is that either you should switch to Taiyo Yuden Premium blank media (from Ridisc) or your burner is slowly dying.

This isn't Anydvd related, by the way. It's more Clonedvd related.

I'll move this thread to the Clonedvd forum.

ok.. Cheers...

I will get myself some new discs and i will get on to Dell about my drive as i have only had my laptop three months..

Thank you for all the help

Misschillout

ok.. Cheers...

I will get myself some new discs and i will get on to Dell about my drive as i have only had my laptop three months..

Thank you for all the help

Misschillout

Hold on a sec, please. You wrote earlier that you can burn these Ridisc dvd-rs in the same burner (right now)? Using what program? I didn't read that post before (I just read it now).

Well, regardless, using better quality blank media (Taiyo Yuden Premium) will help eliminate the possibility of blank media being the problem.

Also, do this:

For Vista with ide burners

Go into device manager, and check to ensure you're using standard Microsoft ide busmaster drivers.

Right click on your PCI IDE Bus Master controller, and remove it. Ensure that it also removes the driver for your DVD/CD rom. Reboot. Your system should find hardware. After your system is finished installing hardware, reboot again.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=48880&postcount=20 to get a better idea of what I'm asking for if you're using Vista.

Hi there,

Sorry if i did not make myself clear...

A few of these discs did work but only on my PC and not my laptop... I have tried the RiDiscs on my laptop but they do not work as they are getting stuck in the machine...

Cheers

Misschillout

Hi there,

Sorry if i did not make myself clear...

A few of these discs did work but only on my PC and not my laptop... I have tried the RiDiscs on my laptop but they do not work as they are getting stuck in the machine...

Cheers

Misschillout

O.k., yeah, it's most likely a blank media issue then. Try some Taiyo Yuden Premiums instead (try to avoid fake Taiyo Yudens).

And if those don't work, then there's a very high probability that your laptop burner is slowly dying.

Hi there,

I have checked and i am using Microsoft ide.

Misschillout

Attachments

• ide.jpg
    ide.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 4
Hi there,

I have checked and i am using Microsoft ide.

Misschillout

O.k., yeah, as I wrote before . . .

It's most likely a blank media issue then. Try some Taiyo Yuden Premiums instead (try to avoid fake Taiyo Yudens).

And if those don't work, then there's a very high probability that your laptop burner is slowly dying (I took a quick look on one of Dell's forums, and someone was complaining about that burner dying quickly).

Ok.. Cheers

I am glad my computer has insurance... they can send me a new one...

Thank you again

Misschillout

Ok.. Cheers

I am glad my computer has insurance... they can send me a new one...

Thank you again

Misschillout

Well, try some Taiyo Yuden Premium blanks first. It would be a good idea to switch blank media anyway.

Take care

Hi there,

I have ordered my new discs and will test my drive when they arrive and i will give you the verdict..

Thank you for all your help

Misschillout

Hi there,

I have ordered my new discs and will test my drive when they arrive and i will give you the verdict..

Thank you for all your help

Misschillout

Great you'll be a much happier camper to then.

Media Burn Error

Hi there,

I tried to burn a disc but got a Media Burn Error.....

Misschillout

Attachments

• otherhelp.jpg
    otherhelp.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 4
Hi there,

Misschillout

what brand of media are you using?
have you tried verbatim or taiyo yuden blank media ;)
sorry for repeating what has been suggested.i should've read the other 3 pages first:doh:

Last edited:
Hi there,

Misschillout

What blank media are you using now?

What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size

If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

Use these programs with blank, unburned media

Hi there,

These are the RDiscs i tested them again and this time i got an error message. As i never got one before....

I have some Taiyo Yuden Premium blanks coming on Monday and Dell are sending me a new DVD Drive as they think it is DEAD for recording DVDs.

Cheers

Misschillout

Back