• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Need program to convert MP4 to an MP4 format Samsung Smart TV recognizes

jim2664258

I bought a show from Jim Gaffigan (coming) which is download-only, MP4 format. Plays just fine .. except on my Samsung Smart TV. Apparently it only supports specific format(s) of MP4 files. This is the only one I have that it won't play however.

Any tips on software to convert this MP4 into into a format (still MP4) that the Samsung Smart TV will like? Since it is only this one file I need to convert, obviously freeware is preferable. Oh .. and I want it lossless too, it's already compressed so I don't want to make it even worse. Only freeware ones I tried that worked also reduced the resolution significantly due to limitations in the selections for quality for the conversion. Could be that is the difference between freeware versions vs. paid version.

In any event, if anyone has a recommendation - thanks!

Here recommend three programs to help you:

1. HandBreak.

2. Faasoft Video Converter. Also a guide to inform you how to use this program to convert MP4 to Samsung TV which is named:
Samsung TV MP4 - How to Play MP4 on Samsung TV without Hassle?

3. Online-Converter.

From Samsung official website, we clearly know that Samsung TV is only compatible with MP4 in H.264/MPEG-4 AVC video codec and AAC audio codec. However, MP4 is a container format which contains various kinds of video and audio codecs. Once the MP4 files can't meet the requirement of Samsung TV input format, you'll get into trouble to play MP4 in Samsung TV.

To solve this issue, you'd better to convert your MP4 to Samsung TV MP4 format. Highly recommend three methods here:

Method One: HandBreak can convert MP4 to Samsung TV MP4 format.

Method Two: A full tutorial to help you solve various kinds of video that Samsung TV won't play.

Method Three: Online-converter is similer to HandBreak.

Hope one of them fits you.

Even though i'm 9 months late i want to add non-commercial spam ;)
XMediaRecode is fine to just passthrough the Video (if already AVC) and only convert the audio part.

Back