• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jafo399

I just bought a new computer with Windows Vista and anydvd is not working. I hope I answered all the questions below. I have an older computer that is running Windows XP PRO with no problems. I hope someone call help me with the errors I am getting.

1) Ensure you're using the lastest version of Anydvd:

2) Remove packet writing software from your system (including Directcd, Incd, DragtoDisc, DLA, etc.)
Do not have any of these programs.

3) State a)the specific version of Anydvd you're using, b)the specific version(s) of the burning application(s) you are using (and stating "latest versions" isn't sufficient information; use full version numbers), and c)the specific version(s) of whatever other burning application(s) you have installed on your system.
a:6.1.6.0
b: DVD Shrink 3.2.015
b: Nero 7 Ultimate Edition
c: Listed above

4) Specify the a)full title, b)region code, c) country, and d) release date of the disc that you're experiencing issues with.
Any Dvd that I try.

5) Specify a)the brand and b)model number of your optical reader and writer with c)firmware versions for these optical drives. d) Let us know what operating system (version number and service pack, if applicable) you're using as well. e) Check to see if there's an updated firmware version for your burner and your reader.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.0)
ATAPI DVD ADH16A1L KH15 2006/11/08 11:08
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2023216 sectors (3951 MBytes)
Total size: 3824835 sectors (7470 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: ALICE_IN_WONDERLAND
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

6) What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

Riteck 4.7GB +R

7) At what speed are you burning your blank media?

Have not burned one yet.

8 ) Click the red fox icon in your system tray. Select "status" on the left hand side of your screen. With the problematic disc inserted in your computer, click the appropriate drive tab letter (the drive containing the disc) in Anydvd. In the window below the drive letter, copy and paste the information Anydvd gives you into your post asking for help. If you made a backup, do this step for both the original disc and the backup, please.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.0)
ATAPI DVD ADH16A1L KH15 2006/11/08 11:08
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2023216 sectors (3951 MBytes)
Total size: 3824835 sectors (7470 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: ALICE_IN_WONDERLAND
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

9 ) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered, b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s).

1. DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Failed to read file E:\ Copyprotection error - The read failed because the sector is encrypted.

2. ANYDVD rip to HD. File Io3 VTS_01_0.VOB 382976

3. Nero Recode: Failed to read VTS_01_0.VOB

10) Before posting, please use the "search" function on these boards. Many answers are available already.

I have read several posts for errors and windows vista and could not find a resolution.

11) Lastly, check for power issues in the area where you burn (as Clams Canino mentions):
visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1808
N/A

You are getting that because AnyDVD is not doing the decryption. You said you have Nero installed, is InCD installed? Can you go here and download and install VSO Inspector. Besides being a good tool for testing bad discs, the last tab (System) lists what is in your Upper and Lower filters. Please post what they show.

Here is the information you requested. I hope this helps.
I do have Nero, but I do not see the program InCD.

===============================================
VSO Inspector Report
Version: 1.2.7.76
Created: 6/8/2007 7:11 AM
===============================================

Device: [3:1:0 - ATAPI DVD A DH16A1L KH15 [E] (Ide)]

General ---------------------------------------

Vendor ...........: ATAPI
Model ............: DVD A DH16A1L
Drive Letter .....: E:
Revision .........: KH15
Date .............: 2006/11/08 11:08
Buffer Size ......: 2048 KB

DVD Features ----------------------------------

Region Code ......: 1
Region Control ...: RPC II
User Changes Left : 4
Vendor Resets Left: 4

Read Features ---------------------------------

[X] CD-R
[X] CD-RW
[ ] HD-BURN
[X] DVD-ROM
[X] DVD-R
[X] DVD-RW
[X] DVD+R
[X] DVD+RW
[X] DVD-RAM
[X] Multisession
[X] Video CD
[ ] Blu-ray

Write Features --------------------------------

[X] CD-R
[X] CD-RW
[ ] HD-BURN
[X] DVD-R
[X] DVD-RW
[X] DVD-RAM
[X] DVD+R
[X] DVD+RW
[X] DVD+R DL
[X] DVD-R DL
[ ] BD-R
[ ] BD-RE
[X] Buffer Underrun Protection

Media =========================================

Physical Information --------------------------

Media Type .......: DVD-ROM
Media ID .........: N/A
Speeds ...........: N/A
Capacity .........: 7.3 GB
Sectors ..........: 3824835
Layers ...........: 2

Content ---------------------------------------

Type .............: DVD Video
Label ............: ALICE_IN_WONDERLAND
Date .............: N/A
Publisher ........: N/A
Application ......: N/A
Tracks ...........: 1
Sessions .........: 1
Regions ..........: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

System ========================================

Upper Filters ---------------------------------

Name .............: GEARAspiWDM
Description ......: CD/DVD Class Filter Driver
Company ..........: GEAR Software Inc.

Lower Filters ---------------------------------

Name .............: AnyDVD
Description ......: AnyDVD Filter Driver
Company ..........: SlySoft, Inc.

Name .............: PxHelp20
Description ......: Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP
Company ..........: Sonic Solutions

Your filters are fine and AnyDVD is listed so it apparently is installed correctly. You may need to give AnyDVD admin rights in Vista. You might also try disabling UAC and see if it works then.

These instructions were from Webslinger on another thread.
Ensure you're logged in as administrator. "Or to run Anydvd as Administrator every time you run it in Windows Vista, simply goto the start menu, find Anydvd, right click on it, select “Properties”, then click on the compatibility tab and then under “Privilege Level” click the checkbox that says “Run this program as Administrator.” Now Vista will run Anydvd as Administrator each time you start it.

Last edited:
In some cases running Anydvd as admin may mess things up now. I think changes have been made in Anydvd where that information may no longer apply.

I would try this first instead:

If User Account Control is active, you’ll need to allow the Slysoft programs to run at the elevated level. Do whatever you have to do to tell User Account Control to play nice with Slysoft. Disable User Account Control if you absolutely have to (but only do so as a last resort).

I read the post last night about setting AnyDVD to run in admin mode, and I made sure I tried that option before I posted. I have also tried un-installing/re-installing the program 2 times as that was another suggestion. What do you think it could be? Software, OS, Drivers, DVD Burner?

I really would like to use this program on my new computer, since it is 100 times faster than my old one. Not to mention, I am going to retire my older computer to my daughter.

Any help would still be very much appreciated.

I want to cry......:mad:

I just disabled User Control and removed running AnyDVD as the admin. I rebooted the computer, but I still cannot complete my task. I continue to get the same error message.

I am sure you have other suggestions, and I am willing to try them all. Just short of buying a new computer. HELP!

1. Use VSO inspector to scan that disc and see if it reports read errors.

2. Keep UAC disabled and do the following:

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Try running a registry cleaner program at this point like CCleaner
e) Download Anydvd http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6161.exe
f) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
g) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
h) Reinstall
i) Reboot
j) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
k) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs

There were no errors on the disk, so I decided to test 3 other disks that have worked in the pass with no success.

UAC still turned off

Re-installed AnyDVD, but used the newer version 6.1.6.1

Still having the problem.

1. Did you run ccleaner with Anydvd uninstalled?

2. Delete your optical drives in device manager and reboot.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I don't have anything useful to add to this thread, but, I just wanted to say, your initial post brought a tear to my eye. That is freaking awesome and you deserve a WELL DONE for posting it like that!! Too many users don't provide all the necessary information. That is an outstanding post. I really wish I did have something that could help just on principle alone. :)

Device: [3:1:0 - ATAPI DVD A DH16A1L KH15 [E] (Ide)]

What is that anyway? Philips-Lite-on?

1.Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Navigate to videodvd-->css keys. Ensure "use css archive" is unchecked. Actually click the "default" button in Anydvd.

2. Try checking the disc again in Shrink or whatever you're using

3. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Navigate to "Program Settings". Enable "Safe mode". Try Shrink or whatever again

4. If that doesn't work. Click the "default" button in Anydvd again.

5. Try another cable on back of your burner. If it's an ide cable try an 80 wire cable (as opposed to a 40 wire cable).

And if none of that works, I'm afraid I'm out of suggestions.

Last edited:
You said we're playing in Vista land, can you be more specific? Is this 32 or 64 bit? Home, Home Premium, Ultimate? I have extensive experience with Vista at this point so I'm curious as to what's going on with this. You said 6.1.6.1 gives you the same problem which is also interesting. If you get really desperate for an answer on this, one thing you could try out of desperation is to stick another DVD drive in the machine temporarily and see if AnyDVD plays nice with that. That will determine if it's a software or hardware problem(and by hardware problem I mean simply that AnyDVD isn't getting along with the original DVD drive for whatever reason). If another drive behaves the same way, it's likely some driver causing a conflict with AnyDVD. Given the incredibly bad state of drivers on Vista, this would not surprise me very much.

Thanks for all the help from everyone. Allow me to provide you with more specifics about my PC.

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 dual-core processor 5200+
4GB RAM PC2 4200
Windows Vista Ultimate
SuperMulti DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL media; supports DVD-RAM; also supports LightScribe direct-disc labels using compatible LightScribe media.
When I check properties in the device mgr, it says ATAPI DVD A DH16A1L SCSI CD ROM DEVICE.
AnyDVD sees it as ATAPI DVD ADH16A1L KH15 2006/11/08 11:08

1. Did you run ccleaner with Anydvd uninstalled?
Yes
2. Delete your optical drives in device manager and reboot.
Yes
3. I leave the movie out of the drives,then I activated anydvd,then I opened Recode2,..selected "Record main movie to dvd",then put the movie in,..anydvd did what it does,then "Import movie".
Did not work.
5. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Navigate to videodvd-->css keys. Ensure "use css archive" is unchecked. Actually click the "default" button in Anydvd.
Unchecked and clicked default.

2. Try checking the disc again in Shrink or whatever you're using
Still not working

3. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Navigate to "Program Settings". Enable "Safe mode". Try Shrink or whatever again
Still not working

4. If that doesn't work. Click the "default" button in Anydvd again.
Done

5. Try another cable on back of your burner. If it's an ide cable try an 80 wire cable (as opposed to a 40 wire cable).
Going to check on cable.

I just doubled checked and the DVD drive it SATA. I also looked into the possibility of swapping out DVD Drives and it was a HUGE job. The computer I purchased is a HP which means the compacted every bit of hardware into the smallest tower available. It has an expansion slot for another drive, but you would have to take apart the HD, Secondary HD, Fan on processor and the actual tower power supply. Not to mention all the wires that are shoved into the back of the motherboard. I knew I should have built my own machine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back