• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just doubled checked and the DVD drive it SATA.

Hmm. . . that VSO program reported "IDE"; I guess VSO inspector was wrong.

In shrink's preferences, do you have burn with nero enabled? If so disable it, and check again.

Last edited:
Webslinger.

I do not know how you came to the conclusion to "uncheck burn with Nero", but that resolved the problem. I would be interested to know why that option would stop the program from operating correctly.

The only problem with that option unchecked is now I have to burn using another program. I currently burned it with DVD Decrypter, but that application has the tendency to make the DVD a little jumpy. I was able to save the AUdio_TS and Video_TS to a folder and use Nero, but the process took about 10 minutes longer than usual.

Do you have an opinion on software that can take the place of both of those applications? I really liked Nero since it incorporated Shrink into its burn process.

BTW, I am using Taiyo disks and not Ritek.

Webslinger.

I do not know how you came to the conclusion to "uncheck burn with Nero",

visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3896
maddogvic says doing that worked . . .

but that resolved the problem. I would be interested to know why that option would stop the program from operating correctly.

I have no idea. But it seems highly unlikely the issue has anything to do with Anydvd.

Do you have an opinion on software that can take the place of both of those applications?

Nero Recode maybe . . .

Or you could buy Clonedvd. You'd import into Shrink and transcode. Then you would import that rip into Clonedvd and burn. Clonedvd usually does ensure compatibility with Anydvd. But that wouldn't be taking the place of both Shrink and Nero.

I really liked Nero since it incorporated Shrink into its burn process.

Then use Nero Recode, I guess. The author of Shrink moved on to help develop Nero Recode.

BTW, I am using Taiyo disks and not Ritek.

That's much better! :clap:

Last edited:
To jafo399

try this with nero recode,

activate AnyDvd,

then open recode,

insert movie,

let anydvd do it's thing,

then in recode,..import movie,

if you get an error couldn't read the vob1 file,

leave recode runing,.. manually open and close the burner,

anydvd will do what it does again,

then in recode import movie again and this time it should work.

burn the movie to a folder on you hard drive using recode or shrink to decrypt and compress not to blank disk.

then use either neroeXpress or nero burning rom to burn not recode.

burning to your hard drive 1st then burning to a blank disk doesn't take any longer than normal, both programs copy to a temp folder before burning anyway.

unless you burn on the fly directly to disk,..which is not recommended by everyone I know.

remember to have burn using nero unchecked in shrink or shrink will not work.

It took me over 3 weeks of trial and error to come up with this method for the new litie drives,..as far as I know no one else has sovled the litie problem,..
If anyone has,..please inform me.

Hmmm, that does seem to indicate some kind of compatibility issue between Anydvd and those drives' respective firmwares or maybe it has something to do with the SATA interface.

I don't know. James probably knows better.

Hmmm, that does seem to indicate some kind of compatibility issue between Anydvd and those drives' respective firmwares or maybe it has something to do with the SATA interface.

I don't know. James probably knows better.
Yep,.it is a conflict with the new litey firmware not the sata interface,..I have about 8 different brands of burners and the new liteies which I have 3 (not counting the other 8 ) all have that conflict,..I have one old 16x time lite-scribe litey that works with out a hitch, it's just my new ones that I have to use this method on which to me is not a problem as long as it works why fix it.:clap:

Last edited:
Webslinger and maddogvic. Thank you so much for your help in addressing my problem. I am still trying to correct some minor problems, but I think in time I will have the program working again. Again, thank you for your quick responses and great advice.

I wonder if this is related to the problem some people are having with newer ide Liteon 18x and Liteon 20x drives. I thought the problem might be that they weren't using 80 wire cables (and that still might be the problem). But I wonder if they eject and close the burner if the reauthoring programs they use will work.

Webslinger and maddogvic. Thank you so much for your help in addressing my problem. I am still trying to correct some minor problems, but I think in time I will have the program working again. Again, thank you for your quick responses and great advice.

Have fun using your software! :clap:

Thankyou

:clap::clap:

Boy, was I glad to find this thread!

I've just bought a new Compaq Presario PC with ATAPI (PHILIPS-LITE-ON) DH16A1L DVD drive, bought & installled Nero 7 Premium and AnyDVD...

...EXACTLY the same problem as jafo399 with Nero Recode "Failed to read VTS_01_0.VOB"

So far this suggestion from maddogvic has worked a treat (mind you, I've only copied 1 DVD so far):-

"then in recode,..import movie, if you get an error couldn't read the vob1 file,
leave recode runing,.. manually open and close the burner, anydvd will do what it does again, then in recode import movie again and this time it should work."

Thankyou maddogvic and Webslinger!!
:bowdown::bowdown:

Glad I found this message thread. I have similar problem last night after installing Vista with AnyDVD 6.1.9.3, Nero 8.1.1, and a LiteOn DVD+-RW drive.

I wonder why AnyDVD/Liteon still haven't resolve this problem after so long. Are they aware of it and even planning to fix it?

I found this work around would be a bit too troublesome as I plan to encode my DVD collection to my NAS. At the end, I swapped my LiteOn drive for a Pioneer drive and the problem didn't appear again.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back