• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Need Help!

suzyq67

I am using Windows XP 64 bit today my son updated AnyDVD and now the computer will not boot. It says that there are no drives found in the raid configuration and that i need to insert a disk. This is the second time that updating anydvd has caused me a problem. The first time it wouldnt allow me to use my dvd burners it said that they were disabled and would not enable them. Is there anyway of getting my computer up and running without losing everything?

I am using Windows XP 64 bit today my son updated AnyDVD and now the computer will not boot.

I don't feel this is a related issue as Anydvd doesn't load unless Windows boots up first, so I fail to see how Anydvd is affecting your system not finding hard drives (no drives found in your raid configuration) if your system fails to boot in the first place. Something else must be wrong with your system.

Last edited:
The computer was running fine until we installed the update to anydvd. Like i said the second last time i updated i lost the use of my drives. I need help to get my computer back up and running....so that i dont lose everything!

The computer was running fine until we installed the update to anydvd.

It's coincidental. I fail to see how Anydvd can run unless Windows boots. Anydvd gets updated frequently, and when
bad things happen around the same time Anydvd is updated, there's an inclination to blame Anydvd for situations it has nothing
to do with. Certainly, there can be conflicts with Anydvd and other programs and drivers, but it seems logical to me that Windows
would actually have to load in the first place before Anydvd can even attempt to run.

Perhaps your son was messing around with your computer's Raid bios settings or bios harddrive settings.

Like i said the second last time i updated i lost the use of my drives.

That's a possible problem that can occur and is often easily remedied, but Windows would actually need to load before Anydvd has a chance to conflict with anything.

Last edited:
The computer was running fine until we installed the update to anydvd. Like i said the second last time i updated i lost the use of my drives. I need help to get my computer back up and running....so that i dont lose everything!

Sounds like you lost the Raid Array. WHen you attempt to boot, you should have A BIOS option type of screen and then possibly a RAID-BIOS option type of screen. Your BIOS and/or RAID-BIOS probably has been "clobbered" (and most likely not the faulyt of AnyDVD). If the Discs and DATA are still OK, you should be able to rebuild the array.

Which RAID mode are you using 0/1/5, etc...

Okay it is jmicron array on a Asus motherboard...its a raid 0....sata.....the array information comes up and can not find the drives...but the bios shows both drives are there and set for raid. It does not give me an option to get into the array to rebuild.
I dont think this is a coincidence because anydvd asked to reboot the computer and nothing...no drives found. It did this once before too where it lost my cd drives.

I dont think this is a coincidence because anydvd asked to reboot the computer and nothing

Again, Anydvd can't conflict with anything until Windows actually loads; so what you're writing is impossible, frankly. I would recommend taking your computer into a shop to get it looked at.

Suzy - I suspect that there is a conflict with the two (or is it three) controllers on the Mother Board that may be causing erratic behavior. This erratic behavior is caused by the Hardware and WINBLOWS and simply using the ODD may have been a "trigger" event. Might try to GOOGLE your motherboard and see if there are others that have similar problems and if they have found "cures". I know that Ubuntu Linux had a bit of a problem with that RAID/Motherboard combinaton a while ago.

Happy hunting...

Back