• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Need help!

buddy2317

I am new at this and would appreciate everybody's help.
I got my first movie on HDD in ISO and DVD format ripped about 3 weeks ago. Installed VCD and everything worked fine.Watched it from my HDD on TV - everything was great. I have Cyberlink's PowerDVD ultra (came with LG Blu-Ray writer).

3 weeks passes, I tried to watch it again but every time I mount the file (either iso or dvd) PowerDVD tries to startup but freezes (just the application).

I re-installed VCD, updated PowerDVD - same problem.

What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help me?
Thank you very much to all!

We need version numbers of the applications. Post the AnyDVD log file (right click the fox).

Also how did you create the ISO?

As far as ISO - I was following one of the moderators instructions and selected "burn to image" (or something like that).

I am not sure where to get the AnyDVD log files - which fox to click? Could you please clarify for a 3rd grader? Are you talking about the movie file or actual AnyDVD application? I just upgraded to the new version as well.... Please clarify step by step where to look up those files.
Thank you!

Assuming this is a one-off and other ISOs happily work, let's see the log from AnyDVD so we have a look behind the curtain.

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox TRAY icon in the Task Bar and select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file, a pop-up screen will appear.
Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name.
Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder and there you will see a zip file called
"Anydvd_Info_<DVD TITLE>.zip" (or something similar). Logfiles are created in the subdirectory "AnyDVD_logs".

Attach that log file to your reply here please.

Frank,

Here's the logfile. Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.
Thank you for your help!

AnyDVD 6.4.9.2

track 1 from 0 to 23070368, Control 4
Drive 1
dvd-rom version 1 120mm 10.08mbps parallel
Layer 0 End: 0
io->protection[0]: 0
layer 1 reserved free
standard udf
label IRON_MAN_D1
parse_image took 23 seconds
hdtitles
Sending Patchlevel 1
mode 9247 0x241f

Ok. I think I found it. Here it is.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_J_IRON_MAN_D1.zip
    161 KB · Views: 2
I have 3 things to note:

clbstor (system32\drivers\clbstor.sys), Version: 5.0.0.3004 (5.0.0.3004)
Company: Cyberlink Co.,Ltd.
Copyright: Copyright(C) Cyberlink Co.,Ltd.
Description: Cyberlink Storage Helper Driver (WindowsNT5.x)
FileVersion: 5.0.3004
ProductVersion: 5.0.3004

This is a problematic filter that can cause problems. Packet-writing software installs filters that can cause conflicts. I strongly advise removing it because at some point this will cause problems.

1. Create a backup of your registry. Refer here for how to do so: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
  2. Download ImgBurn (freeware) here: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download.
  3. Start ImgBurn and go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order....
  4. Select "clbstor". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
  5. Reboot

Whatever program installed that filter may no longer work properly. If you reinstall the software that installed the filter then the filter will be installed on your system again. I do not recommend doing this.

I am not saying that removing this filter will fix your problem but it will prevent a problem from occurring at a later time with another disc.

Summary for drive J: (AnyDVD 6.4.9.2)
ELBY CLONEDRIVE 1.4
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (parallel)

Total size: 23070368 sectors (45059 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: IRON_MAN_D1
Media is not AACS protected.
Can't determine region code!
MFR: File 88889.jar is too big! Sectors available: 28, Sectors required: 29
Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!

I didn't know this error was still occurring with the JAR file but I don't believe it should cause any issues. It didn't in the past.

The real issue I see is the other bolded portion. Your status window is showing the image as a DVD. That's wrong.

It should look like this:

Summary for drive W: (AnyDVD 6.4.9.2)
ELBY CLONEDRIVE 1.4

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

I have two recommendations if your sole purpose is to store images on your HDD to playback when mounted.

1. Create protected images. Do not remove the protections via Rip to Image... and check the box to Keep Protection when you make BD images.
  2. Make sure you are using Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.1.3 beta and mount the ISO file directly.

How did you create that image? Did you create it with a program like ImgBurn? Did you use UDF 2.5? It should not be detected as a DVD. It's a BD.

Last edited:
Thank you for the info. I will have to read it carefully and follow the steps to see if I can fix that.
As far as the creation of the images, I used AnyDVD Rip to Image. It created 2 files. the ISO and the DVD. About 3 weeks ago it didn't matter which file you mount - it would play it perfectly fine. But now PowerDVD freezes.

I was reading all the posts and I thought that is how you do it. Did I do it wrong?

What is UDF 2.5? And yes I am using the VCD 5.4.1.3.

Thank you for the info. I will have to read it carefully and follow the steps to see if I can fix that.
As far as the creation of the images, I used AnyDVD Rip to Image. It created 2 files. the ISO and the DVD. About 3 weeks ago it didn't matter which file you mount - it would play it perfectly fine. But now PowerDVD freezes.

I was reading all the posts and I thought that is how you do it. Did I do it wrong?

What is UDF 2.5? And yes I am using the VCD 5.4.1.3.

UDF 2.5 is the filesystem used for BluRay discs. SD DVDs user 1.02 and HD-DVDs use 2.6. If you are using the AnyDVD ripper to rip then you can ignore that part because the UDF will be correct in the images created. I suggest simply mounting the ISO file and uncheck the setting to create a .DVD file when ripping. That still doesn't explain to me why your BD ISO is showing up as a DVD. It shouldn't be unless you created this image with an old version of AnyDVD HD did you? One version created incorrect .DVD files sometimes where the MediaType setting was wrong. The .DVD file used to be needed for VCD to know what UDF to use for the mounted image but VCD can now detect the UDF on its own. Please unmount the image and directly mount the ISO without using the .DVD file. Please post the information in the status window after doing this.

Last edited:
DrinkLyeAndDie,

I downloaded ImgBurn, removed the filter, rebooted and tried to mount ISO file - same problem - PowerDVD won't play. Tried SD DVD to play in PDVD - works fine.

I used the previous version of AnyDVD to Rip to Image. I currently updated it to 6.4.9.2 version.

Anything else I can do to make my files operational again?

Thank you.

DrinkLyeAndDie,

I downloaded ImgBurn, removed the filter, rebooted and tried to mount ISO file - same problem - PowerDVD won't play. Tried SD DVD to play in PDVD - works fine.

I used the previous version of AnyDVD to Rip to Image. I currently updated it to 6.4.9.2 version.

Anything else I can do to make my files operational again?

Thank you.

Please post the status window from AnyDVD when you mount the ISO image in VCD of the BD. Mounting the ISO shouldn't have any problem. The issue with the wrong MediaType was simply what was written to the .DVD file. It didn't impact anything in the ISO file. I just need to see the status window when you mount the ISO file directly. Ignore the .DVD file.

Is this it?

ELBY CLONEDRIVE 1.4

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Is this it?

ELBY CLONEDRIVE 1.4

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Yes. So it is now showing up as a BD. That's how it should look. This still doesn't play in PowerDVD?

You are using PowerDVD7 7.3.4102a which dates back to May of 2008. Someone will have to offer insight into whether this movie will play using that version. I never saw the BD release of Iron Man.

Best way to get Ironman to play is to make sure you have 'remove BD-live ticked in AnyDVD HD and update to a newer version of PDVD. If you're making an unprotected ISO then see the link in my sig, that's how I made my ISO and it works fine in the latest build of PDVD 7.3

Back