need help (freeware) to convert avi files to whatever (vob) and burn with clone pleas

Discussion in 'Third Party Products' started by SWOLETAN, May 4, 2008.

1. SWOLETAN

SWOLETAN Active Member

I need to get a program, hopefully freeware to convert avi to whatever I need, vob i guess, and to burn to a dvd playable disc with clone.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is a dumb question, I have prism but it doesn't do a vob and the mov file wont lone on clone.

thanks again

2. kevman15

kevman15 Member

Last edited: May 4, 2008
  3. SWOLETAN

SWOLETAN Active Member

Maybe Im not using it right, but best case they put a watermark on it if you don't pay them the 39-49 bucks...and I don't think they even burn to the vob file or whatever.

Please advise and thanks for the info. I am looking to convert avi and mpeg files to the vob or any burnable (hopefully by clone) that I can burn to a disc and play on a regular a$$ dvd player.

thanks again

4. SWOLETAN

SWOLETAN Active Member

that one seems to be working but its not free lol, Im halfway there. Thanks a lot bro, do you know of any freeware?
    Thanks

5. SWOLETAN

SWOLETAN Active Member

Yup, just burned one and it says "created with an unregestered version" across the screen for the whole movie...

you want to sell me a regestry key lol? www.mindgamez.com used to have all that stuff, but they're not doing so great anymore...

6. kevman15

kevman15 Member

The Program is Freeware.:)

7. SWOLETAN

SWOLETAN Active Member

Im wanting one that will make files that I can burn to a disc that a regular dvd player will play. I downloaded avs video burner, and it works great, except for the "this is an unregestered program version" banner it plays on and off all through the movie. The one you gave me wont play on a dvd player.

8. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

DVD Flick, DVDforger, FAVC and The FilmMachine are all freeware and should be able to create DVDs from AVI files.

9. SWOLETAN

SWOLETAN Active Member

Tried the film-machine....they make mov files, which clone wont put on a dvd..and when burnt (with their tools) won't play on a dvd.

the AVS program even makes a file with the movie, and seprate audio and video files that clone loads up just like a dvd! Exactly what I need, yes from an avi file, but the thing is, it's $49 on sale for $39...Which Im looking for freeware.

Have you used any of these programs to do this? If Im just not using them right please let me know.

Thanks again

10. SWOLETAN

SWOLETAN Active Member

Im downloading super dvd creator now, hopefuly it will work lol

11. SWOLETAN

SWOLETAN Active Member

super dvd creator is NOT FREE! it will conver only 5mins for 5 times unless you want to pay $29.99 i I have google too....

12. kevman15

kevman15 Member

13. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

The 1.6.x.x betas definitely can output to DVD. Use HCencoder which is freeware and comes with the program. Check out the website here and make sure you download the latest beta (v1.6.0.7).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DVD Flick should work. It's more simple which may make it easier. You'll have to do some reading no matter which choice you make. I'm just pointing you in the right direction. You asked for freeware so those are the choices I gave you. :)

I don't often use any of these programs and it's been ages since I did. I did test and confirm that The FilmMachine does output to DVD and the output was nice.