• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Need Help burning image file to CloneCD

coyotesupergenius

Hi !

Could use some help with burning from a created image file using Clone CD.

First, I am using latest registered versions of AnyDVD(6.4.2.0.), CloneDVD2(2.9.1.7.) & CloneCD (5.3.1.0) Tried to backup my original DVD of the movie CLICK, there were numerous bad sectors displayed, so I used ANYDVD's "rip to harddisk" function. (My goal was to mantain maximum quality with a dual-layer burn & media)

Ripper completed process OK, then tired to copy from image function in CLONE CD to preserve the layer break(& make a 1:1 copy), but received the message "image.dvd file does not exist". Retried again with no luck.

My only option was to use CLONEDVD2 to copy from the stored image on my hard drive. This worked OK, but since CLONEDVD2 does not preserve the layer break, I had a "freeze" at the layer switch, although the entire movie was copied.:bang:

{Yes, I did use Verbatim DVD+R DL media made in Singapore !)

My question is.....Did I make an error using CLONE CD?,
( I tried searching the forums, but could find little information using rip to hard disk withAny DVD & CLONE CD, only ANY DVD & CLONE DVD2.)

Second query: Is there a good tutorial anywhere on CLONE CD ? (Found a tutorial on Cd Freaks CLONEDVD2 & stickys on this forum for CLONE DVD2, but not Clone CD)

Third query:(greedy monopolizing little bugger that I am) I've noticed an app on the Slysoft site called "Virtual Clone Drive", would this have any impact at all on my situation ?

To recap: I am trying to backup a DVD with some structural and/or sector issues using the "rip to hard disk of ANYDVD" & whatever app ( hopefully Clone CD) is most compatible to make a Dual-layer(DVD+R DL format) backup while maintaing thr original layer break.

Any advice the mods can offer would be greatly appreciated. As you can see from my long-winded post, the more detail you can offer, the better)

Feel free to flame if I have overlooked some obvious info on the forums ! :bowdown:

Jim H.
St. John's, Newfoundland-CANADA
The oldest city in North America !

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

2. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327 and follow the steps

3. If you received bad sector errors, please post the Clonecd log. Thank you

Need help burning image file to Clone CD

Hi Webslinger !

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly ....

Attached is the AnyDVD log from yesterday...I've tried to attach yesterday's CLONE CD logs in the same reply using the "manage attachments" function. It keeps coming up invalid file.

(I keep all my Clone CD burn logs in a separate folder on the desktop)

I was able to do a burn today on the same DVD using ANYDVD & CLONE CD per your preferred method (now mine too) using dual-layer media. There were bad sectors displayed on the log, although the burn did complete. Have yet to check the burn all the way through.

If you need yesterday's logs, perhaps you could clue me in on what I need to upload them. They are stored in the folder as text documents.

Hope you can help on my on previous questions concerning image burning when you can.

Thanks again !:

Jim H.
St. John's, Newfoundland-CANADA
The oldest city in North America !

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_CLICK.zip
    238.3 KB · Views: 1
They are stored in the folder as text documents.

1. Zip up the text documents. And then upload them as .zip files

drvmcdb (system32\drivers\drvmcdb.sys), Version: 3.22.13.0 (1.0.0.1)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions
Description: Device Driver
FileVersion: 3.22.13a

Cdr4_xp (system32\drivers\Cdr4_xp.sys), Version: 7.5.0.50 (7.5.0.50)
Product: Drag-to-Disc
Copyright: Copyright (c) 1994-2005 Sonic Solutions
Description: CDR4 CD and DVD Burning Helper Driver
FileVersion: 7.5.0.50
ProductVersion: 7.5.0.50

Cdralw2k (system32\drivers\Cdralw2k.sys), Version: 7.5.0.50 (7.5.0.50)
Product: Drag-to-Disc
Copyright: Copyright (c) 1994-2005 Sonic Solutions
Description: CDRAL for Windows 2000 Kernel Driver
FileVersion: 7.5.0.50
ProductVersion: 7.5.0.50

You've got some packet writing junk on your system that needs to be removed. Uninstall Sonic Solutions drag-to-disc packet writing software and ensure the filters I listed no longer appear in your registry. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=15536 for more information.

3.. Use Anydvd ripper on the original disc (right click red fox icon on toolbar-->select "rip video dvd to harddisk").

Any errors?

Last edited:
Back