• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Need help bad with Virtual Clone Install and Driver Signing

digitalone

I recently reloaded my windows 7 64bit box and am not putting back on my software. I also have a windows 8.1 64 bit box and it seems to be doing just fine. The problem is when I go to install virtual clone drive windows 7 complains about a driver signing issue. Code 52. I have tried uninstalling the driver and cleaning up windows best I know how but it just won't budge. Only way I can get around the issue is disable driver enforcement on reboot but that's not a long term solution. Virtual Clone Drive was working fine before the windows 7 reload so I know it works with windows 7. I look at the exact same driver on windows 8.1 and I see the signed driver so it's just my windows 7 box saying it is not signed. I have all windows updates that I know of installed so not sure how to update my trusted root list. Can someone help me sort this out?

Looked at the windows driverstore repository and found the inf used to install virtual clone drive: vclone.inf and it is saying package is signed so I don't know. Here is a pick of the file in device manager saying it is not signed lol. Left hand dialog box says signed by and the right hand box says it' s not signed. Man I am confused.

; VClone.INF
; Installation INF for ELBY Virtual CloneDrive
; Copyright (C) 2002-2013 Elaborate Bytes AG

[Version]
Signature = "$Windows NT$"
Provider = "Elaborate Bytes AG"
Class = SCSIAdapter
ClassGUID = {4D36E97B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} ; scsi adapter
DriverVer=07/24/2013,5.4.7.0
CatalogFile = VClone.cat ; package is signed

Attachments

• vclone.JPG
    vclone.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 6
Something else was strange with my windows too so I panicked and decided to restore my pc from an image i made about 2 hours ago before all my troubles began. One strange thing was the paranoid UAC prompt no matter what I was trying to do. Opening up system protection to look at restore points or open up computer management to verify device drivers installed and I would get a prompt about unknown publisher with big orange box at the top. I've been around windows enough to know that was some garbage happening all at once. Retracing my steps to see what might have tripped all this bad action and the only things I did after the image was install cyberlinks powerdvd 15 and update my system inf drivers. I installed the intel storage matrix drivers for my raid setup because I was thinking about setting up raid in the future. Installs on both went by OK with no noticeable errors. Then I had to update some visual c++ cause powerdvd puts that crap on my pc. Windows Updates prompted me for those updates. Reboot pc and then went right for the Virtual clone drive install. Now to say which one did the naughty before virtual clone you got me. I going to put them on one at a time with a image in between just to see which one did me in. Man that is some crazy shit though.

Something else was strange with my windows too so I panicked and decided to restore my pc from an image i made about 2 hours ago before all my troubles began. One strange thing was the paranoid UAC prompt no matter what I was trying to do. Opening up system protection to look at restore points or open up computer management to verify device drivers installed and I would get a prompt about unknown publisher with big orange box at the top. I've been around windows enough to know that was some garbage happening all at once. Retracing my steps to see what might have tripped all this bad action and the only things I did after the image was install cyberlinks powerdvd 15 and update my system inf drivers. I installed the intel storage matrix drivers for my raid setup because I was thinking about setting up raid in the future. Installs on both went by OK with no noticeable errors. Then I had to update some visual c++ cause powerdvd puts that crap on my pc. Windows Updates prompted me for those updates. Reboot pc and then went right for the Virtual clone drive install. Now to say which one did the naughty before virtual clone you got me. I going to put them on one at a time with a image in between just to see which one did me in. Man that is some crazy shit though.
I have Win7 and had nothing related to your UAC problems? What A/V or Firewall program are you using? Are you the Admin/Owner installing it or using a limited account to install?

Situation has been resolved. No further action or troubleshooting necessary. Thanks for offering assistance. For what it's worth this kind of problem can happen on any operating system as it was not os specific. 64 bit os uses signed drivers and during the installation of a driver there are things that tell the os go ahead and accept this driver as signed. If the os is having issues or another driver is pending or you don't accept the drive and check the box to trust it sometimes these things can cause the os to go on a hound dog mode and complain no matter what you do. It's acts like a blood hound and wants to not let that driver in lol. Anyways issue was resolved by restoring the os to a working image just before the install of the software. Then carefully making sure no other installs were pending and just to be safe a disable of the active AV protection just till the driver got installed. Once this happened all was clear and working just fine. I can imagine the first time I tried to install this software a pending operation or something like that was going on and I just did not know it. Would have been horrible had I not had that image to run back to.

Back