• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

need advice on PSP SLIM

lnxtinman

hello and tia, i am trying to get a dvd to a psp v.3.8. i used clonedvdmobile and sent it to my pc hd. i set res to 480x272 >3.30+ and made it mp4. i saved it as the dvd name...the file size is about 531mb and there is also a thumbnail. i created a folder called video.(path is psp\video) i moved the thumbnail and movie into this file but psp says 'video cannot be played'.
am i supposed to create the folder elsewhere? the name i gave dvd has blanks in it also i.e. 'the grim reaper' should i not have spaces?
i have ripped it 3 times now and i am sure clonedvd did it ok.....any help would be much appreciated...:)

I think you have your "VIDEO" folder one level too deep. The VIDEO folder should be in the root directory of the PSP. There should be 5 folders when you open the PSP, "VIDEO" is one of the 5. When you open the PSP it should be \VIDEO in all caps and that is where you need to put your files.

thanks for the reply, on my mem stick i have

mp_root
music
picture
psp
video

i will move the video folder to psp and try that...i also updated to 3.93 today.....will try another rip, am at 95% now. i can copy a regular dvd with clonedvd in 20 minutes.....mobile is taking over an hour.

Last edited:

ok, it finally worked out. the file system in post above is correct. the first movie i ripped must have been bad. it wouldn't play in quickplay or the psp. the second movie worked out fine and it played in quickplay. i would like to know if its possible to speed up the ripping time though. it took about 90 minutes to make the movie into a 600mb file on my quad core with vista.

Anything better than real time is a bonus! It just takes time. I think that's a pretty average time.

i would like to know if its possible to speed up the ripping time though. it took about 90 minutes to make the movie into a 600mb file on my quad core with vista.
1. Use 1 pass encoding
2. Add threads=4 to your PSP profile in the devices.ini
You should be able to convert a standard length movie in 15-20 minutes with a quad-core from an ISO - a bit longer directly from dvd-rom (depending on what model it is, and if it is rip-locked).

Last edited:

thank you, i will give that a try, since i built this computer it cut clonedvd time on a dvd almost in half with ddr3 and dual core quad. i was surprised with the 90 minutes.......what we gonna do though in 20 years when 1 minute seems too long?;)

Back