• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Need a new BluRay burner, any suggestions?

Kyle C

Well, it started gradually. One out of every ten discs would fail, then one out of every seven or so, then one in five, yada yada yada, now all discs fail to burn. The burner will try to burn for about 20 seconds, then spit out my disc saying the burn failed. My rig is getting old, and I think it is time for a new burner.
The burner I need to replace is an internal slim optical BD-DL drive that burns at 4x. I am looking for the same or better. I see they have new 100GB ones, and that might be worth picking up.
But, of course, whatever I get has to work with RedFox and CloneBD.

Any suggestions?

Slow down....

You want to burn what?

You want to read what?

We need more details. A cleanign disc could save your drive - maybe.

Fair enough.
I want a BluRay burner that will burn data DVDs, and back up my collection of regular and BluRay DVDs.

So,
• I want a burner to burn data and movie DVDs.
• I want a reader that will read data and movie DVDs up to BluRay.

As far as the details, well, what I said? My burner's descent was a gradual one that took about a year. First it was about every tenth DVD that failed when burning, then every seventh, every fifth, and, well, you've read this story before.

OK! The best burner would be the Pioneer 209. It comes in 2 versions DBK (Bluray up to 128 GB) and EBK (Bluray up to 50GB). Since it's an older model and maybe not available anymore in your country then pick the Pioneer 212.
These above burners also good for reading CDs, DVDs and Bluray but are not working as UHD (4k video) readers. If you consider UHD reading / ripping you have to choose from the LG family (LG, ASUS). But these burners write quality is not very good. Therefore I have LG drives as readers but burn discs only with the Pioneer.

I have triple LG's in my system. They've yet to let me down. All 3 of them are in their third system with zero burn quality problems.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

OK! The best burner would be the Pioneer 209. It comes in 2 versions DBK (Bluray up to 128 GB) and EBK (Bluray up to 50GB). Since it's an older model and maybe not available anymore in your country then pick the Pioneer 212.
These above burners also good for reading CDs, DVDs and Bluray but are not working as UHD (4k video) readers. If you consider UHD reading / ripping you have to choose from the LG family (LG, ASUS). But these burners write quality is not very good. Therefore I have LG drives as readers but burn discs only with the Pioneer.

Ty, ty. I will look into those. You said something about a cleaning disc, do you think it is worth it?

Personally no, the brushes on such discs have an inherit risk of being "too hard" and actually damaging a drive laser. Drives themselves rarely get dusty/dirty. And discs well, usually nothing a microfiber cloth cant fix.

Personally, yes. I bought my CD cleaning disc 20 years ago and fixed my CD audio deck that wouldn't read CDs anymore. I had also trouble with some PC DVD drives that were gone after cleaning. And the Bluray laser is far more sensisitive to pollution than CDs and DVDs. My cleaning disc has very thin glass fibre brushes and I see no risk of damage. Anyway - either you have to put the drive in the garbage or you can rescue it. But maybe not. These lasers are ageing and need 10x the laser power for writing compared to reading. It's up to you to give it a try.

Back