• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Native HDMI video card for HTPC

E

europeman

I am considering getting a new video card an considering getting one that supports the native HDMI output. Is it worth it or should I stick with a Nvidia 260 chipset
________
HEALTH DISCUSSION

Last edited by a moderator:
follow up information

Just general quality and ease issues. Willl I am see any difference from the 8600 I am currently using. It has DVI out and a spdif connection to the receiver.

At this point I do not have the HDMI capable receiver but I am working piece meal towards my goal.
________
Vaporizer Wiki

Last edited by a moderator:
Willl I am see any difference from the 8600 I am currently using.

Picture Quality wise? Other than the subjective debatable difference between Nvidia and ATI output, I doubt it. If you switched to an ATI card, you could get 7.1 audio over HDMI if your receiver supports it. But ATI cards use a dvi to HDMI dongle (they are included with the retail cards).

The only way you will get better PQ is with the actual GPU chipset, not normally the connector type (i.e. DVI vs. HDMI.) IF you are looking for a PCIe add-on GPU, look no further than the ATI 4550. Look in my sig for the Asus EAH4550 link on Newegg.com. If you are looking for an IGP (Integrated Graphics Processor) then look at the Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, based on the nVidia 9400 series chipset.

Do know that the above GPU's are not built for gaming. They are for 2D/3D support, and offer complete HD 1080p video acceleration. The nVidia 260 chipset provides the same level of HD acceleration, but no audio over HDMI. nVidia does not provide a DVI-to-HDMI dongle like ATI does.

Back