My Username Pretty Much Sums It Up

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by Duh, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Duh

Duh New Member

I simply can't get movies to copy on anything but Double Layer dvds. I've even tried to copy a 'copy' that is on a 4.7gb dvd and the the blank 4.7gb doesn't work.

No doubt there is a little something I'm missing here. Can anyone explain to me what I need to do to be able to copy on a standard 4.7 disc.

Thanks,

Duh!

2. tdurdenfc

tdurdenfc New Member

If you using CloneDvd2 and are complely new to this go to the title configuration window, look at the bottom of screen and there is a drag window, and put it on DVD-5. If you already know this then i don't mean to insult your intelligence. Other then that, there might be some driver errors or conflictions. Which is stuff i'm not good at.

3. Duh

Duh New Member

Thanks TD but I guess that's not it. I did try that...actually, that window was DVD-5 by default. (hey, at least I feel a little less Duh-ish)
    I hope someone can offer some good advice for me.

Duh

4. sockeye

sockeye Well-Known Member

If you provide more info, someone can help.
    Do this, http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=393, and describe your problem in more detail.

5. Duh

Duh New Member

Yep, I'm a 'DUH'! Finally got around running Nero Toolbox and discovered my DVD burner loves DVD+R DL it doesn't support DVD+R..only DVD-R. Assuming that can't be fixed I'm off to buy some different DVDs.

Thanks for the help.

Duh

6. bjproc

bjproc Well-Known Member

maybe a new burner ? ;) (whats the make & model or your burner anyway)

good that you've figured out what was wrong :agree:

7. Duh

Duh New Member

I'm back for more help

Nope...it wasn't that.

Back from the Wallyworld with DVD-R discs and while the burner does at least recognize them I get an error message that something is wrong with the media.

The burner is: LITE-ON SOHW 1633S

Anyone have any experience with this burner? I guess the only thing left is to buy another burner...any suggestions anyone?

Thanks..

I'm a DUH!

8. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

You can get good burners for less than $40.

9. Klickety-Klack

Klickety-Klack Active Member

Good RW drives

Since last year, I've been using a pair of
    " SONY DVD RW DW-G120A " drives with excellent results. They were purchased as the "OEM package" about $40 each. Installed as drives Y and Z, generally I read a dvd on Z and write on Y; mostly wanting to see which one fails first. In terms of hours, the reading drive runs much more, about 30 min. or so for each dvd; but the writing is usually done in 6-8 minutes per disk.

For best results I suggest everyone use drives from a major manufacturer, such as Sony; as well as good blanks. Currently I use 100-packs of TDK +R blanks from costco.

K.