• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

My two banks have put fraud alerts on this transaction attempt.

This case is now being dealt with by support staff. It might be worth pointing out that the charge questioned by the bank was not $921 US but CNY (Chinese Yuan Renminbi), which is roughly the equivalent of the USD amount which was requested.

This case is now being dealt with by support staff. It might be worth pointing out that the charge questioned by the bank was not $921 US but CNY (Chinese Yuan Renminbi), which is roughly the equivalent of the USD amount which was requested.

Jill, yes I agree the RedFox support team has been fabulous with my email response. I started my post here with "my apology" to the RedFox team, because I understand after this happened how and why it happened, and have felt very well taken care of. I just thought it may be useful for people to be given a bit more specifics of how the charge details may appear, because it did not appear as I was told in the original order email.

Without any question, I am in the process of getting another license with a new Visa and even offered to reimburse RedFox for any expenses if you get hit with a chargeback penalty--because I so highly value your products, updates, and support.

I love RedFox!

I have done enough research to know it is a hassle to get signed up, the two wallets I reviewed did require my bank details, but even with other methods, there is a significant hassle getting it all set up, buying coins, keeping track of new tech issues, and no protection or guarantee/security like with US FDIC insured institutions issuing credit cards.

I like the fact that my bank assumed a fraudulent charge had been placed with my Visa when a $921 USD charge for women's clothing at some online store in China appeared, and took proactive steps to protect my account, and limit their liability. Bitcoin is not going to give that level of reliability, guarantee, refund, and protection. You are welcome to use it, but not me.

I'm happy to see that it looks like all the issues you had with your purchase have been worked out. The support staff here deserves a lot of credit for how hard they are working to ensure everyone is happy and has a good experience.

For me, the sense of security you seek actually came from using bitcoin, not my visa card. I was able to create a bitcoin wallet on my iPhone by downloading the blockchain app and creating an account/wallet within minutes only using an email address. From there https://coinatmradar.com pointed me to a bitcoin atm nearby that allowed me to buy only the amount of bitcoin I'd need for the purchase by feeding bills into the machine. A simple scan of the QR code on the blockchain app got it all set up at the ATM. From there another simple scan of the QR code of the blockchain app at checkout on the Redfox page and the next thing I knew the AnyDVD key was in my email.

I guess I felt more secure not relying on FDIC protection or my bank's fraud department. Instead, I preferred to set up a bitcoin wallet (using no personal information that was in no way connected to my actual bank account) and filling it with only the amount of funds needed for this one purchase.

But at the end of the day, as you suggested, to each his own. The more happy customers Redfox has, the more likely it is the project continues as long into the future as we'd all like it to!

Thanks, Jon. I know you are only trying to help make Bitcoin a more friendly option, which I appreciate! Obviously if I wanted to spend the time going through the steps, I could use it.

It was actually very easy to just use another of my VISA cards, a different email, and browser to get back "my precious" (licenses) yesterday, and could not be happier with the professional interactions from Red Fox staff.

My earlier post was more intended to be informational if others ran into something similar. Lucky for me, RedFox still has the discounts running!!!

According to RedFox order support, it is required that when you place a new order that you change your VISA, email account used, and they even recommended using a different browser. Apparently the payment processors flag and block an account when a payment problem like this arises. Luckily, they don't block my IP range in their sensible attempt to prevent what may look to them like further fraud/abusive non-payment, etc.

All is well, and I'm happy.

Back