• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

My two banks have put fraud alerts on this transaction attempt.

Dean Mieras

I am unable to purchase a license through either of my banks. Both banks denied the purchases and through phone and email contact I was told that the fraud departments both will not allow the transactions unless I take the loss for any possible fraudulent access to my accounts.
I guess I will wait longer, without the benefit of your software, and hope that issues with China can be addressed.

Keep up the great work.

Dean Mieras

There won't be any losses, they just have to be a bit obscure with the payment processor because of the nature of anydvd. Banks just don't like Asian ones.

My Visa is from a Federal Credit Union in the USA. Many years ago, my first purchase was for TextPad in the UK. I received a call to confirm the purchase. I used the same Visa card to order multiple Redfox licenses without a problem. Try belonging to a Credit Union than a Bank. Fees are lower and better service!

I found that I avoided all these problems with asian credit card processors, fraud alerts and the rest by using bitcoin to make my purchase. I purchased the bitcoin through, Circle, a US company based in Boston, MA. I posted my experience details here. It wasn't as bad an experience as I expected once Redfox sorted out their store issues. I admit it's a bit more complicated than just putting in your credit card number but I liked that my banking information stays with Circle. Redfox provides the address to send the payment and i didn't have to even use real information in the order form so none of my personal details or credit information ever left the USA.

I am unable to purchase a license through either of my banks. Both banks denied the purchases and through phone and email contact I was told that the fraud departments both will not allow the transactions unless I take the loss for any possible fraudulent access to my accounts.
I guess I will wait longer, without the benefit of your software, and hope that issues with China can be addressed.

Keep up the great work.

Dean Mieras
Buy some Bitcoin and you get an extra 10% discount.

My Visa is from a Federal Credit Union in the USA. Many years ago, my first purchase was for TextPad in the UK. I received a call to confirm the purchase. I used the same Visa card to order multiple Redfox licenses without a problem. Try belonging to a Credit Union than a Bank. Fees are lower and better service!
Thanks for the help (?) with ordering. I belong to a small, local savings bank. I have no fees.

There won't be any losses, they just have to be a bit obscure with the payment processor because of the nature of anydvd. Banks just don't like Asian ones.
Thanks for the reassurance. I will try again and request the waiver. I miss the software.

If your that concerned about it use the bitcoin option (there's an extra 10% off for using too) or a prepaid that will allow online purchasing . I had no issues all my bank did was call me with automated message about last 5 purchase's or attempted purchase's. And were they mine. As annoying as that really is I'm glad that they do this.

Keep up the great work.

Dean Mieras
thats meant to protect you from fraud,
its because they detected an "unusual transactions" (a international transaction, which hardly ever happens on your account)
grease the gears and call your bank ahead of time and let them know to expect an unusual international transaction. and it should go through.
also make sure you speah to a manager/supervisor and explain the sitution, that your purchasing some software from the developer, its a transaction for x dollars, and to notate you account that it is a valid and authorized transaction"
this is what i did (for slysoft software, not redfox) the transaction went through and i was good to go
they still flagged my account because i paid less then i told them. i forgot to account for my package discounts (anydvd hd, clone dvd, clonedvd mobile) and 20% off sale

Hello
I contacted my bank again to have the block lifted and was told my purchase attempt was listed as, GZ HME ESHOP. It is shown as a ladies clothing shop in China?
Why is this so difficult? This is a bit beyond "a bit obscure".

The statement constantly changes, just tell them you authorized the charge. They have to be obscure, credit card processors after under immense pressure from the aacs-la/MPAA to deny transactions for tools such as anydvd.

We all wish it would be easier. Unfortunately that's not gonna happen.Paypal is not an option, wire transfer and direct debit are not an option (Germans love that) and we will not accept Western Union or Moneygram either.
Bitcoin is actually pretty cool, but I admit that I'm still getting into it as well. It is a bit complicated.

Keep up the great work.

Dean Mieras
YAAAAY!!!
I finally asked (told) my bank to allow the transaction. They told me about the risks and I said, "do it". The purchase was quick . The downloads were scanned by Norton 360 and immediately cleared as safe, as I expected.
I am so glad to have the software again. The China issue is understandable, for the bank, but I am now anxious to see what other wonders RedFox can create. Thanks to all of you that work so hard to produce this software!

Dean Mieras, S. Lake Tahoe, CA USA

See? Now isn't that exactly what we said would happen? It's YOUR money, if you tell them to 'let it through' they have to. I'm pretty firm on stuff like that myself. It's my way of the high way.

I have to apologize to the RedFox staff, as my license went through no problem, but about 10 days later (???) my bank's fraud department called me to TELL ME that my card had been used fraudulently. Merchant in China was "CommodityMall.com" for women's clothes, and listed the "Original Amount" as $921.35 USD, although the final charge was the correct amount. No one at the bank's fraud department could figure out the $921.35 vs. final amount.

My RedFox confirmation email said it would be coming from "happypurchasers." But my bank gave me little choice to protect their interests, and there was too much about this transaction that did not make sense for me to push them in my favor. Honestly, I didn't even think of this being related to RedFox. The bank had already reversed the charge, cancelled my account before they called to "limit their liability" & reissued me a new credit card which I didn't receive for 10 days.

I just got an email from RedFox last night informing me of all this, and understandably revoking my licenses which I just responded back to. Best option for me would be to start over with another VISA card, as this bank's fraud department was totally freaked out by how this charge was made. IMHO, I do think there should be much more prominent warnings about how bizarre the details of the transaction may look.

Or use bitcoin.

Sorry, I am not interested in giving my personal bank account routing numbers to some new form of payment without a long track record of credibility, and that is not secured by the US FDIC and guaranteed to forever be out of the hands of nefarious internet miscreants. If there is any fraudulent activity with my bank, I am guaranteed to have the monies replaced and insured by our federal banking system.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timothy...eason-you-shouldnt-buy-bitcoins/#414d8d0431f5

http://thenextweb.com/future-of-communications/2015/04/13/how-safe-are-your-bitcoins/#gref

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/03/is-bitcoin-a-safe-haven-against-mainstream-money-mayhem/

http://economia.icaew.com/finance/may-2014/is-bitcoin-a-safe-investment

Last edited:
my visa is with a credit union and went right through banks imho are to skitish!!!

Sorry, I am not interested in giving my personal bank account routing numbers to some new form of payment without a long track record of credibility, and that is not secured by the US FDIC and guaranteed to forever be out of the hands of nefarious internet miscreants. If there is any fraudulent activity with my bank, I am guaranteed to have the monies replaced and insured by our federal banking system.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timothy...eason-you-shouldnt-buy-bitcoins/#414d8d0431f5

http://thenextweb.com/future-of-communications/2015/04/13/how-safe-are-your-bitcoins/#gref

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/03/is-bitcoin-a-safe-haven-against-mainstream-money-mayhem/

You don't have to give your personal routing number or any bank account information. You've been misinformed. Do your research.

You don't have to give your personal routing number or any bank account information. You've been misinformed. Do your research.

I have done enough research to know it is a hassle to get signed up, the two wallets I reviewed did require my bank details, but even with other methods, there is a significant hassle getting it all set up, buying coins, keeping track of new tech issues, and no protection or guarantee/security like with US FDIC insured institutions issuing credit cards.

I like the fact that my bank assumed a fraudulent charge had been placed with my Visa when a $921 USD charge for women's clothing at some online store in China appeared, and took proactive steps to protect my account, and limit their liability. Bitcoin is not going to give that level of reliability, guarantee, refund, and protection. You are welcome to use it, but not me.

Back