• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

My thoughts on the evolution of Slysoft/RedFox

Yraen2

My old account didn't seem to carry over to the new forum, oh well.

I've been an AnyDVDHD user since right after it came out. When I bought my license there was no options, you just got a license good for the life of the product. And that license did last me for the life of that product. The software and support I received for my money is/was some of the best I have seen since I have been using a computer (mid 90's). It has been a truly wonderful time, and I feel I have gotten my monies worth many times over. Thank you to both past and present ex-staffers.

I, for one, would like for the software to continue forward but I want the staff to take care of themselves first and foremost. I don't want my desire for the software to in any way lead to anything bad happening to any of the staff. I've been fortunate enough to not need to post much so my interaction with the staff was limited, but that does not mean that I want them to take any risk on my behalf.

I look forward to seeing the software you decide to produce, be it RedFox AnyDVD or another program that has nothing to do with movies in any way. I have the utmost respect for the coding ability of the staff, the level of thinking outside the box it took to produce the software, and the love of doing what they are doing.

I wish you the best in your next project and look forward to being a customer once again.

Reactions: Tom
My old account didn't seem to carry over to the new forum, oh well.

You're not the first :). That was done months ago and long before the switch into redfox when the forum moved from vbulletin to Xenforo. Users that handn't logged into a specified period or had below a certain postcount were pruned to reduce the risc of something going wrong :)

First of all, I wanted to apology because of my signing up as member this late: In fact, I did it to manifest my sympathy and as an encouragement to all those persons who did (and continue to do) a great job with AnyDVD and the other products. I was really sad and disappointed when I read about de shutting down of the servers and the vanishing of these softwares. But now I am glad to realize that a new hope awakens...

Then I have to say that Yraen2 with his post herefore is speaking right out of my heart: I'am using AnyDVD, CloneCD etc. from the very beginning because I did never agree with those restrictions and "apartheid" with regions and stuff for the CDs and Movies I own. I still can remember purchasing these great "Elby"-softwares from the local bookstore/softwareshop on a physical support in a jewel case !

So, me too, I thank you both, past and present "staffers", for the great work done. Please take care of yourselves !

I am looking forward for your next projects and wish you good luck.

Reactions: Tom
I hope my "Lifetime" subscription was true. I honored my part of the deal, hope Slyfox or Redfox, or whatever they are called does.

I hope my "Lifetime" subscription was true. I honored my part of the deal, hope Slyfox or Redfox, or whatever they are called does.
What are you talking about? Anything with Slysoft ended the day Slysoft closed its doors. RedFox if you want to use the new update software requires a new License for AnyDVD to access the OPD and they also said the Slysoft Anydvd still works but no access to the OPD database. So you can install and use Slysoft license but that is valid only for the Slysoft version - no freebies that requires one to pay RedFox to use the new Anydvd now.

I've used AnyDVD for many years and have definitely had my money's worth from it. I accept that since Slysoft has reached "end of life" (for reasons that I'm not really clear about), I would rather pay for another lifetime license than miss out on the functionality of AnyDVD once encryption formats emerge that are not supported by the old product.
I don't realistically expect any staff that have formed a new company to be in possession of funds from previous licenses and they cannot be expected to continue development of a product without some income to support themselves, but I have also not seen anything to reassure me that the new company is likely to continue in business for a decent length of time. Of course there are no guarantees for small businesses but I would like to hear more about the viability of the company if that is at all possible

I've used AnyDVD for many years and have definitely had my money's worth from it. I accept that since Slysoft has reached "end of life" (for reasons that I'm not really clear about),
This was already made clear if one was reading and following the news Slysoft is gone. It didn't reach it "end of life" that was forced upon them to close shop and vanish.
I would rather pay for another lifetime license than miss out on the functionality of AnyDVD once encryption formats emerge that are not supported by the old product.
If you plan to use for newer protection then you have to buy a New License from RedFox to use the OPD database otherwise you can use your old one as others said still work on the older titles.
I don't realistically expect any staff that have formed a new company to be in possession of funds from previous licenses and they cannot be expected to continue development of a product without some income to support themselves, but I have also not seen anything to reassure me that the new company is likely to continue in business for a decent length of time. Of course there are no guarantees for small businesses but I would like to hear more about the viability of the company if that is at all possible
Life is no guarantee that a tree will fall on you or car will hit you as well either. Business come and go that is life. I doubt they are going any where time soon and mos likely will do what they always do to keep the software going. Otherwise one is free to leave and go use another software. No one is entitled to something for free here.

Can anyone help me. I have been using ANYDVD for a long time and was quite put out when those film companies had it closed down. I am frightened to do anything that would endanger the copy I have on my computer. If I Download the Redfox software and program, will it work the same as anydvd and is it the sane people as anydvd. I have a library of about 400 dvds and on occasion I have to reload a film. I would hate to loose the ability to do so. Simply put will it replace anydvd. Please help.

It will work exactly the same as it always has. However, if you're using a slysoft license it will NOT work with v8 and above. You WILL need to get a new RedFox license. Without upgrading you can use up to 7695, but you may eventually encounter decryption issues due to being out of date.

Simply put will it replace anydvd.
It's exactly as it was previously under SlySoft.
You will need to purchase a new license to continue using AnyDVDHD 8.x.x.x after it's 21 day trial (trial via downloadable trial license).

Can anyone help me. I have been using ANYDVD for a long time and was quite put out when those film companies had it closed down. I am frightened to do anything that would endanger the copy I have on my computer. If I Download the Redfox software and program, will it work the same as anydvd and is it the sane people as anydvd. I have a library of about 400 dvds and on occasion I have to reload a film. I would hate to loose the ability to do so. Simply put will it replace anydvd. Please help.

Thanks. After you answered my question I purchased the redfox anydvd and key. It looks the same as anydvd, here's hoping. If its ok I will get a lifetime key next time. Thanks once again.

I have been a long time user of AnyDVD, since the late 90's or early 2000's. I have found the product quite helpful for backing up my DVDs (in conjunction with CloneDVD.) I realize with the demise of Slysoft, we now have a new company making the product. I am very glad to hear that someone (the same programmers that were making it before) have picked up the mantle to continue producing updates to the product. I feel it is a shame that they cannot honor their commitments, but instead choose to force owners to repurchase their products. I currently have Redfox version 7.6.9.5 which says on the splash screen I have "Free updates until: Forever". That is not a Slysoft splash screen, that is a Redfox splash screen. They are now generously offering me a discount on a new "lifetime license" that is more than twice what I paid for my current license. I guess this is so they can later sell me a new "lifetime license" later on down the road. Now Ch3vr0n and some others will probably say that I am knocking the good people at Redfox as they do whenever the majority of users on this forum disagrees with their "generous" offers, but I'm not. Just their lack of integrity to stand behind their word. I may suck it up and pay the $100 for a new license if I can find the $100 but not because I think the company is really worthy of it, just because I'm more familiar with this devil than the other devils that are out there. When a company alienates enough of their customers another company comes along to replace them. And if the posts to this forum, even though Ch3vr0n has busily been deleting them so they don't show, are an indication, Redfox is doing a good job of alienating customers.

I haven't deleted any topics since that sticky was created, the only ones deleted were dated BEFORE i created that sticky. You don't know me very well mate, I'm actually in favor of ANYONE (including you) speaking up. As long as you remain civil, your post(s) aren't going anywhere. I'll agree that adding the redfox logo to intermediate versions may not have been the best idea, but it was too be an indication that they could be used with the new redfox opd. It was stated for months in advance (and still is) on the download page that those versions were intermediate versions and not true redfox releases and they would lose access to the opd on may 31st. Nobody likes what happened, not the users and not the staff that decided to continue. But i hope you can realise, if anydvd is to survive and the staff to be able to pay the bills an income is needed. How do you get that? Exactly, selling licenses. You can't eat software code and server hardware.

You remained civil in your posts so you have nothing to fear that I or any other mod for that matter will delete your post. It's starting right where it is :)

I have been a long time user of AnyDVD, since the late 90's or early 2000's. I have found the product quite helpful for backing up my DVDs (in conjunction with CloneDVD.) I realize with the demise of Slysoft, we now have a new company making the product. I am very glad to hear that someone (the same programmers that were making it before) have picked up the mantle to continue producing updates to the product. I feel it is a shame that they cannot honor their commitments, but instead choose to force owners to repurchase their products. I currently have Redfox version 7.6.9.5 which says on the splash screen I have "Free updates until: Forever". That is not a Slysoft splash screen, that is a Redfox splash screen. They are now generously offering me a discount on a new "lifetime license" that is more than twice what I paid for my current license. I guess this is so they can later sell me a new "lifetime license" later on down the road. Now Ch3vr0n and some others will probably say that I am knocking the good people at Redfox as they do whenever the majority of users on this forum disagrees with their "generous" offers, but I'm not. Just their lack of integrity to stand behind their word. I may suck it up and pay the $100 for a new license if I can find the $100 but not because I think the company is really worthy of it, just because I'm more familiar with this devil than the other devils that are out there. When a company alienates enough of their customers another company comes along to replace them. And if the posts to this forum, even though Ch3vr0n has busily been deleting them so they don't show, are an indication, Redfox is doing a good job of alienating customers.
You are by far in the minority.

@mmdavis be nice, everyone has a right to speak their mind. He was civil, so should you be.

7.6.9.5 was an interrim build it still works with your old Slysoft license which was badged with the new Redfox any Version 8.XXX and above requires a new License from Redfox, Slysoft is gone period now it is your choice to decide rather you want to purchase a new license or not no one is twisting your arm and the last Aydvd version will continue to work for about 150,000 title just no further updates.

@Doobe

A simple Google search will show why Slysoft became RedFox. The first AnyDVD came out in 2003, not the late 1990s.

You are entitled to use whatever you wish.

Also, code don't pay the bills, or put food on the table, since the former CEO of Slysoft took the money from the past sales and took off.

Back