my problem with high school musical

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by odd_function, May 25, 2008.

1. odd_function

odd_function Guest

Your not gonna believe this but,
    I have tried every program you can possibly imagine to copy High School Musical 2 (yes, the disc is brand new) using the latest AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 even 1Cli**and, nothing worked...I was about to give up and, then I tried out DVD*** and that was the only program that let me back it up...I'm not here to say that DVD*** is better then anyDVD and clone after all, it works GREAT and every penny its worth but, I was a little disapointed. Just giving my headsup :)

2. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Right, I don't believe this.

3. odd_function

odd_function Guest

Hi james :) well, its true. :( I just wanna say, that AnyDVD & CloneDVD2 conbined programs is AWESOME!!! WONDERFULL!! Works everytime and its worth every penny but HSM was a toughy and I really wanted this to work with AnyDVD but no juice. When DVD*** went past 81% reading I was very surprised. I'm not saying its a better prog But, I do give credit where its due...

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2008
  4. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

The other program you used has the capacity to skip past read errors (in all likelyhood you have a borderline defective original disc). When that happens the backup is missing material, even if its just a few cells.

There's really nothing tough about this disc anymore. Anydvd and clonedvd handle this title perfectly fine and have for quite some time.

5. odd_function

odd_function Guest

Hi web. I hate to say this but so far, the movie backup is playing flawlessly as we speak. I have not seen the extras yet I'll let you know if I experience any issues...I was gonna settle and give up with anyDVD and clone and 1click but...brand x was the only thing that worked (no offence) Don't get me wrong, I use AnyDVD and clone2 all the time its great software and easier to use I recommend it to everyone...In fact its my first time trying brand x. Just giving my thoughts

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2008
  6. Webslinger

Yeah, you won't notice the difference if it's just a couple of cells that are missing. An acquantaince of mine just made a backup of that dvd with Anydvd and Clonedvd. No issues at all

So, if you're having problems, you need to do steps 2 and 3 from http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=321

Anydvd and Clonedvd handle this dvd perfectly fine and have for quite some time.

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  7. odd_function

odd_function Guest

/shrug I really can't explain this...I'm not criticizing your software infact, its better then brand x If you ask me. I'm just telling you my experience.

I don't think this is necessary because, I have already made a sucessfull backup. The title was: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 extended version.
    So far, I am looking at the bloopers and music and more so far so good...

8. odd_function

odd_function Guest

I found something weird here: when I access music videos and then i scrolled to "gotta go my own way" (canada version) then I hit ok the DVD player actually stops its like its not there. also, with "you are the music in me " (USA) just letting you know. But of course, this is not a CloneDVD or AnyDVD issue 'cause I did not use those programs I'm gonna have to report this to thier forum. Just giving you the heads up...

9. Webslinger

It's not my software. I don't work for Slysoft.

/shrug

Anydvd and Clonedvd handle that title perfectly fine.

10. odd_function

odd_function Guest

I rest my case...

11. sondeterra

sondeterra Well-Known Member

Need Data Input

Could you run Nero CD/DVD Speed disc scanner and what percentage of errors are present on the origional?

12. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

You don't have to report it to ANYONES forum. You just need to catch on that the real problem is a defective origional disk. (As has been said at least three times now.)

-W