• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

My No Country for Old Men problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sef3rd

Hi,

I am having problems reading DVD No Country For Old Men using ANYDVD version 6.3.1.7. Anyone else having the same problem. It just sits there and grinds away. The fox icon will not turn red.

No Country For Old Men

I'm also having problems reading No Country For Old Men using the latest version of AnyDVD. It just sits and grinds away and the fox icon will not turn red.

Scan the disc using Nero CD/DVD Speed to check for errors this is only CSS protected I believe.

Please don't post a problem into another person's troubleshooting thread and post in the correct forum. Your problem doesn't involve CloneDVD since as you've stated AnyDVD isn't even reading the disc.

Make sure that you have the settings set to default in AnyDVD. If it still isn't reading the disc then the disc may be bad. I'd recommend you try scanning the disc with Nero CD-DVD Speed but that won't prove anything. Are other DVDs being read w/o problem?

Please do the following:

(1) Download ImgBurn 2.4.0.0. It's a freeware program.
(2) From the top menu click on Tools
(3) Click on Filter Drive Load Order
(4) Click on the Copy To Clipboard button
(5) Reply to this thread and paste that information in your post so we can see it.

Last edited:
Scan the disc using Nero CD/DVD Speed to check for errors this is only CSS protected I believe.

Scanning the disc with Nero CD-DVD Speed while AnyDVD is not enabled/active will almost certainly result in errors. I suppose it's possible that it won't but I expect that errors would show up regardless. The disc has structural protection on it and the A.I. Scanner is used. The problem here is that AnyDVD isn't even reading the disc.

The disc may be bad, the drive may be picky [or dying], or something else is causing AnyDVD to not want to read the disc. Many others have had success with No Country For Old Men.

Last edited:
No Country For Old Men

I have been able to read other DVDs with no problem. This is the second copy of No Country For Old Men from Netflix. I have requested a third. I will try to download the software suggested.

Thanks!

I have been able to read other DVDs with no problem. This is the second copy of No Country For Old Men from Netflix. I have requested a third. I will try to download the software suggested.

Is this a disc you purchased from NetFlix?

No Country For Old Men

===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.4.0.0
===============================================

Upper Device Filter: redbook
Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: AnyDVD
Lower Class Filter: ElbyDelay
Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Filter Name: redbook
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
File Version: 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
File Description: Redbook Audio Filter Driver
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Product Version: 5.1.2600.2180
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Filter Name: GEARAspiWDM
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\GEARAspiWDM.sys
File Version: 2.0.6.1
File Description: CD/DVD Class Filter Driver
Product Name: GEAR.wrks
Product Version: 8.xx [2.0.6.1]
Company Name: GEAR Software Inc.
Copyright: Copyright (c) GEAR Software Inc. 2006

Filter Name: AnyDVD
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
File Version: 6.3.1.7
File Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
Product Name: AnyDVD
Product Version: 6.3.1.7
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright 2002 - 2008 SlySoft, Inc.

Filter Name: ElbyDelay
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\ElbyDelay.sys
File Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
File Description: Elby Delay Lower Filter Driver
Product Name: CDRTools
Product Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
Company Name: Elaborate Bytes AG
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2003 - 2006 Elaborate Bytes AG

No Country For Old Men

It is a rental from Netflix. The movie just came out Tuesday.

No Country For Old Men

Forgot one more item. I can play the movie fine using PowerDVD on my PC. It's just AnyDVD will not read it.

It is a rental from Netflix. The movie just came out Tuesday.

I was afraid of that.

Please refer to the Slysoft Forum Rules here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4. More specifically refer to the third post in that thread which is here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=51369&postcount=3.

As most are aware, legally, the situation varies slightly around the world.
Morally it doesn't.
The idea behind AnyDVD is that the OWNER of a LEGALLY BOUGHT DVD has the right to PROTECT HIS OR HER PROPERTY*. This includes the BACKING UP of said PROPERTY.
Using or promoting the use of ILLEGAL DOWNLOAD SITES and the COPYING of RENTED DVD's are NOT SUPPORTED.
OWNER's RIGHTs ARE.
This topic along with that of CRACKS is NOT TO BE TOLERATED!
Posting on the above topics, In the future, will be treated with much more vigour.

For the above reason I must close this thread.

Forgot one more item. I can play the movie fine using PowerDVD on my PC. It's just AnyDVD will not read it.

The disc is probably bad but I can provide no further input on this. Regardless of the differing laws around the world we have a blanket policy of not helping with copying rentals or diagnosing problems encountered by people when they are doing so.

Please read the forum rules and follow them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back