• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

My CRT is broken, will i have smooth playback with a new HD TV ?

nonob

Hi,
I use Reclock (with MPCHC) from several years to change my 23,976 fps content to 25 fps and so i had a perfect smooth playback on my CRT 50 hz TV.
When i played PAL DVD (25 fps), reclock didn't change anything of course.
Now my CRT TV is broken , so i'm searching for a new tv and i've no other choice than buy a LCD or PLASMA HDTV.

But, i'm very confused about refresh rate supported by these recent TVs (with 24p label) because it's seems there is difference between "PC mode" and "Video mode".

These is what i found on user manual on some model i added to my selection:

Sony KDL-40R470A:
en3x.png

Philips 40PFL3008H
Mode PC:
uco8.png

Mode VIDEO:
3xod.png

Older LG 50PC55:
Recommended resolution with PC: 1024x768, 60Hz

And this last is the only that doesn't talk about "PC mode":

Samsung UE40EH6030
ha0o.png

So what should i conclude about these specifications :

Does these TV (at least the 3 first) really only support 60hz with my PC as source ?
Is there really a difference between use my pc or a bluray player if both are plugged with HDMI ?
Is yes, what is it : Horizontal frequency ?

Thanks

If you're in Europe, all HDTVs support 50Hz, so no problem on the TV side.

On the PC side, if you connect the graphics card to a TV through HDMI and you select a standard TV mode (i.e. 1080p50), the graohics card will assume you're connecting to a TV, and your TV will recognize it as a TV source and not a PC, and everything will be fine.

Hi,

Ok, i understand.

And what if i'm connected with an DVI to Hdmi adapter ? (My HD4850 had 2 DVI connectors and an dvitohdmi adapter supplied)?

If you're using the DVI to HDMI adapter from ATI/AMD then you're fine. I have a 4650 and that's what I'm using.

(the Radeon needs to detect a made-by-ATI adapter to enable HDMI features, a 3rd-party adapter or DVI-HDMI cable won't work)

It's the one supplied with the card.., i hope it will works, i can't try now cause i haven't received my new tv.

Back