• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

My CloneDVD problem (Application Error)

davidfoo

For me, CloneDVD 2.9.1.5 dies shortly after startup, even though I have disabled the automatic check for new versions (which was a suggested fix for 2.9.1.2). This is on a Windows Server 2003 x64 machine. (AnyDVD is working fine.)

Does anyone have experience with CloneDVD on a Windows Server 2003 x64 system?

(I uninstalled 2.9.1.5 and installed 2.9.1.2, it dies similarly.)

Messages from Event Viewer:

Faulting application CloneDVD2.exe, version 2.9.1.5, faulting module shell32.dll, version 6.0.3790.4184, fault address 0x00042275.

The application, C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\CloneDVD2\CloneDVD2.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 01/30/2008 @ 22:22:39.921 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 7D64D233 (ntdll!RtlValidateHeap)

Faulting application CloneDVD2.exe, version 2.9.1.5, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.3959, fault address 0x0004d233.

I should have also added: No AV or anti-anything on this system.

I should have also added: By AnyDVD working fine I mean that it decodes the disk and saves it using its internal ripper fine.

For me, CloneDVD 2.9.1.5 dies shortly after startup, even though I have disabled the automatic check for new versions (which was a suggested fix for 2.9.1.2). This is on a Windows Server 2003 x64 machine. (AnyDVD is working fine.)

Does anyone have experience with CloneDVD on a Windows Server 2003 x64 system?

(I uninstalled 2.9.1.5 and installed 2.9.1.2, it dies similarly.)

Messages from Event Viewer:

Faulting application CloneDVD2.exe, version 2.9.1.5, faulting module shell32.dll, version 6.0.3790.4184, fault address 0x00042275.

The application, C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\CloneDVD2\CloneDVD2.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 01/30/2008 @ 22:22:39.921 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 7D64D233 (ntdll!RtlValidateHeap)

Faulting application CloneDVD2.exe, version 2.9.1.5, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.3959, fault address 0x0004d233.

I moved your posts because your problem isn't related to the other person. Mixing troubleshooting threads together can cause confusion especially then the problem isn't caused by the same thing.

The problem with 2.9.1.2 crashing during the update check was fixed. The problem was on the server-side. It shouldn't happen anymore. The problem won't occur with 2.9.1.5.

I have no experience with Server 2003 but, yes, obviously there is something going wrong. I can't provide you any specific advice, however.

Hopefully someone else will provide some input.

(Thanks for moving this message)

(Thanks for moving the message appropriately. )

Try this (reinstall Clonedvd 2.9.1.5):

If you have Zonealarm on your system, ensure Anydvd is being given permission to access the trusted zone.
Similarly if you have a firewall, antivirus or spyware program--ensure it's not blocking Anydvd from running.
Provided you downloaded Anydvd from Slysoft's website, Anydvd is a safe program (you have nothing
to be paranoid about).

If you have System Mechanic, System Mechanic Pro, or any kind of registry monitoring program, please ensure
these programs are allowing Anydvd's installation program to modify your registry--as those programs can block
Anydvd from installing properly.

linx05 says Teatimer enabled on Spybot can cause problems during installation: visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=36804&postcount=5

Try to ensure you don't have other unnecessary programs running in the background,
such as Powerdvd while using Clonedvd. visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=6674

1. Exit out of all Slysoft programs and reinstall

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Clonedvd (start-->all programs-->Elaborate Bytes--->Clonedvd2-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Download Clonedvd http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD.exe
e) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
f) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
g) Reinstall
h) Reboot
i) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
j) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs

2. Update to Anydvd 6.3.1.4 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6314.exe

Reboot if prompted to do so.

3. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

4. Post the Anydvd .zip file so that we can take a look at your system files:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

Last edited:

I just tested on a Windows Server 2003 x64 - no problem.
That machine didn't have a DVD drive though, but that should make no difference at that early stage.

Can you please be more precise on "shortly after startup"? Is it directly after launching? Do you see the application window? Does it happen after any interaction from your side?

'

By shortly after startup: I mean, I see the application window and can click on CloneDVD - it then exits immediately.

-- David

'Immediately after startup' - well, not exactly

By shortly after startup: I mean, I see the application window and can click on CloneDVD - it then exits immediately.

-- David

Back