• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

My AMD Radeon R7 M260 doesn't work properly on PowerDVD

kikorosa

I have an Intel / AMD hybrid computer. If set in the graphics settings of Windows 10 PowerDVD on high performance, it can only play MPG and VOB videos. For everyone else he will tell me: "This file cannot be played", yet I installed the K Lite Mega Codec Pack by setting LAV Video on DirectX 11 and GPU precisely the AMD.
Immagine (1).png Immagine (5).png Immagine.png

You don't need that codec pack to play DVD's with powerdvd. Also how are you trying to play them back exactly. Are you staying the vob for into powerdvd or are you pointing it to the DVD folder

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I noticed that PowerDVD doesn't need codecs, unfortunately, so much so that this solves my problem. With VOB and MPG files I have no problem. With all other file types I can't play with AMD card, neither by opening the file from Windows Explorer, nor by opening

What's your video player? An excellent one is VLC and shouldn't need any codecs either. Intel or AMD based system.

I also have Windows Media Player that works perfectly with AMD card and with all codecs installed, except 10-bit videos, but that's not the point. I have installed PowerDVD for its TrueTeather effects. It allows you to: upscale the video, improve colors, light, interpolation of even progressive frames and noise reduction all automatically. VLC, on the other hand, has all these manual effects.

Maybe contact cyberlink support? I doubt there's much actual performance difference on windows power modes for actual movie playback with or without software. That's down to the actual software and gfx card.

Sounds to me like you're making things a lot more difficult than they have to be with the codecs pack.

I contacted both AMD and Cyberlink. AMD told me to install the original TOSHIBA driver, but from the official TOSHIBA website the latest release signed by TOSHIBA dates back to 2017 and is only compatible with Windows 8. Thus, AMD advised me to return to Windows 8, since the PC was born with that operating system with PowerDVD preinstalled and see if that works, which I obviously didn't do. Cyberlink gave me a guide, but I probably don't understand it. Can you tell me what other software I have to put at high settings besides PowerDVD?
This the CyberLink Guide:
close powerdvd app.

open amd / nvidia control panel, stay in background.

open task manager > details>

find amd / nvidia (gpu) & intel/amd (cpu).............now look for each with highest memory usage....right click....open file location.......copy link/address .

open microsoft setting.........system..........display...........graphic setting..……..desktop app / browse...…pop-up.....now past link...…….and select high preformace.....do same each for all and also powerdvd too set to high performance

now open powerdvd / pc mode....setting.....more video setting...…….change default hardware acceleration to amd…done.

You shouldn't need to put anything in performance mode, the only such mode I knew off until now was the windows performance mode. Powerdvd should be able to play most files just fine, without any codec pack or mode change.

Windows 8 drivers should work fine under windows 10, it's the same style of driver architecture. Note: I do say SHOULD, I'm not making any guarantee's here or that they won't cause problems. The only way to know is to try.

Other than that, maybe try over at the free tech support site techguy.org for specialized help. Maybe this is a specific amd problem, maybe you're making things a lot harder than they need to be with that codec pack. I don't know, never owned an amd based system, never will.

I was only 15 when I purchased this PC and I was very keen on the subject. Soon I will buy an ASUS multimedia with 4K monitor and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 video card, I will probably have no problems there in PowerDVD since, if it does not work on the NVIDIA card, it would still be fine given the Intel Core i7-8750H Hexa Core processor and the 16 GB RAM will allow me to watch videos with TrueTeather effects even without the need for a deicate card.

Recently discovered this freeware program https://www.leawo.net/ used to use pdvd7.3 exclusively because i could speedup playback to 1.1x and stillenjoy movie. After doing inplace replacement of win10 1909 could not reinstall pdvd 7 (cyberlink issues). Thought I would have to VLC or MPC-BE for playback options. Leawo Blu-Ray player wants you to upgrade to their video converter when you pause playback or during video selection. Easy to ignore for what seems to be a quality player.

I also tried VLC. The videos in Full HD, with improvements, go to jerks even with AMD card if they have a high bitrate (about 20 Mbit / s). The only one that goes very well on my PC, but unfortunately does not have noise reduction, is Splash Video Player, although it does not deinterlace video and does not play 10-bit ones. Eventually I went back to the traditional Windows Media Player which, with the LAV Video, manages to play everything.

Noise reduction in Leawo cannot be activated. Do you see automatically if the videos contain noise, or is there something wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
i've used anydvd's rip dvds to hardisk, then imgburn to create iso files (lots of reruns and holiday crap this time of year). haven't noticed noise problems, using a budget nvidea1050ti card and 4k samsung android smart tv.

Back