• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Multiple Movies on One DVD

cpremo

My son is in the army wanted to know if I could record several movies on one DVD with AnyDVD and CloneDVE. Is this possible?

I've looked at the help and information on the WEB and don't see any information on how or if this can be done.

2 movies on 1 dvd

Not possible to put more than one movie on disk with clonedvd. Possible with DvdShrink, but the results would be atrocious due to severe compression, and also the navigation would be tough (ie, getting to the movies to play).

Since loading AnyDVD, I cant even get 1 movie on a blank disc. When I try to burn, I get an error saying I dont have enough disc space.

You need to compress your movie so it will fit. Try decrypting with DVDShrink while AnyDVD is running in the background. Shrink will compress your film to fit perfectly.
You can download DVDShrink here for free.
DVDShrink
There is also a great tutorial on the web site. Some of the newer releases prove to be a problem with DVDShrink. If that happens decrypt with CloneDVD and AnyDVD then run through DVDShink to compress.
Hope this helps.

Since loading AnyDVD, I cant even get 1 movie on a blank disc. When I try to burn, I get an error saying I dont have enough disc space.

While ANYDVD can rip, that is NOT its primary function, nor do I suspect that many people use it for ripping.

Your problem is that ANYDVD cannot shrink (compress), so if the title is longer than two hours, expect that very message - it won't fit on a two hour blank. If you want to rip using only ANYDVD and the title is longer than two hours, you will have to invest in a multi-layer burner and disks.

(Suggest that you try a free trial of CloneDVD - way less expensive)

Most DVD burning programs can compress the DVD to fit on a DVD5 disk even if the source is DVD9.

I down loaded the DVDShrink program and it seemed to give me part of the solution. I tried to use Roxio to create a Menu driven DVD with three movies on it, but can't seem to get it to work. I did use Clone DVD2 with two movies and it worked but I don't see how to create a menu driven version. You just have to fast forward to the next movie to view it.

I down loaded the DVDShrink program and it seemed to give me part of the solution. I tried to use Roxio to create a Menu driven DVD with three movies on it, but can't seem to get it to work. I did use Clone DVD2 with two movies and it worked but I don't see how to create a menu driven version. You just have to fast forward to the next movie to view it.

Since you have more than 1 film compressed, the only way to navigate the DVD via menu's is to author the DVD. That way you can add menu's, chapters etc.

Nero Ultra v6 & v7 does a nice job authoring a basic DVD. Be warned, it is time consuming and a bit confusing the first few times. Nero also has a utility called ReCode that will then compress the DVD or you can run the final creation through DVDShrink again. There are several DVD Authoring programs available, but you'll find Nero also offers so much more for about the same money.

Probably should limit compression to just 2 titles. Otherwise quality will suffer and might even create playback problems.

Nero is a must have program to have in your toolbox!

Tell you son THANKS for serving our Country. We appreciate him! :clap:

My son is in the army wanted to know if I could record several movies on one DVD with AnyDVD and CloneDVE. Is this possible?

I've looked at the help and information on the WEB and don't see any information on how or if this can be done.

One way, but it may not be what you are looking for is to first use AnyDVD to remove the protection, rip to your HDD, then convert the movie to AVI format using something like winavi video converter http://www.winavi.com/ or a freeware equivalent and then you can burn several AVI's onto one DVD.

The only minor problem is your son will need a DVD player that will play AVI's but there are plenty on the market that will do that.

One way, but it may not be what you are looking for is to first use AnyDVD to remove the protection, rip to your HDD, then convert the movie to AVI format using something like winavi video converter http://www.winavi.com/ or a freeware equivalent and then you can burn several AVI's onto one DVD.

The only minor problem is your son will need a DVD player that will play AVI's but there are plenty on the market that will do that.

This sounds like an easy solution. Wonder if my DVD Player will play AVIs...

Back